It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Immigration Conspiracy of the Right Exposed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Not really... unless of course you consider that the immigration issue is a distraction.

The thread title is an "Amigo ruse" to get your attention. Sorry for the confusion, hopefully it illustrates a point.

How many were more attracted to a thread about the manufactured "hot issue" of the day, immigration, than some really important topics that effect all of us?

AT&T NSA Conspiracy
A massive conspiracy to monitor the traffic of AT&T customers, those who send email to AT&T customers, those who browse website hosted by AT&T services, and Internet traffic channeled through AT&T peering agreements.

Government Publishes Your Personal Information Online
A similarly massive conspiracy of incompetence that amounts to government-sponsored identity theft.

I'm shocked at the lack of attention these two issues are getting from the Internet's largest and most active community of conspiracy-minded people.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Everyone needs to pay attention to what the media is feeding us.

Here is a look at the news using Google News.

AT&T NSA

About 89 News results for AT&T NSA. None on the first page are from the big tv news networks FoxNew, CNN, AP, Reuters.

immigration

About 60,400 News results for immigration the first page is a virtual who's who of the mainstreeam news world.

[edit on 10/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Indeed, Lou Dobbs has been ranting about illegal immigration for months now, and with this bill in congress, it's finally all comming to a head, AND ITS OVER NOTHING!

No one is actually going to do anything about the immigration 'problem', nothing is going to come of this flurry of newscoverage with vids of rallies and street protests, they just make for nice pictures on the screens!

Meanwhile, its like the only people talking about Domestic Spying and Lying is FOX.

Thank the almighty jesus that they are fair and balanced though right?

Are the posters from ATS going to let these kinda dolts determine their news for them?? Spoon feed it to them? Or are we all gonna sit up and take notice this time??

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I paid attention.

MINE was the breaking first post here about this subject.
(AT&T)

I ran into a bit of opposition and " thats not a credible website" comments.

Its ok. By the next day we had three or four people reporting the same thing here.

I dont care as long as people pay attention and dont remain in the dark about whats going on.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I ran into a bit of opposition and " thats not a credible website" comments.

Yes... Rense.com as a source will often raise eyebrows and begin the discussion from a skeptical standpoint.

Since your thread on the 7th, more information has become available, including an excellent analysis of the technology (although on a strongly biased website).

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
SO,

Just goes to show you that even the obscure websites have
something to offer now and then

I find that one source can be just as good as another nowadays.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I find that one source can be just as good as another nowadays.

Well... Rense.com has little filtering... so it's up to the people who use them as a source to dig a little deeper.

The core material was on the EFF site on the 5th:
www.eff.org...

Had you used that link we may have been hitting this harder sooner!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I know.

I'm just glad people started providing good links!

No wonder ATS is the greatest!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"Oooooh, but ain't that America"

It is the main reason I visit ATS everyday - not to be fooled. Look at my left hand while my right works.

I am not suprised though. Logically, most should be more concerned about domestic spying than the immigration crap, but because immigration is front page, eveyone is focussed on the wrong thing.

A year from now Hulio Rodregez will be working right next to you for less pay, but your friend John Smith will disappear after posting an anti-Bush blog in mySpace.

Our right to privacy is gone, domestic spying is illegal. However, Bush is doing it anyways - without the houses approval.

How much more illegal can he get? And nothing is able to stop it... NOTHING!

Few warned of Bush doing these kinds of tactics, and all of you Bush supporters thought they were crazy. Still think the Bush admin is doing a good job?

Of course you do - "I am not worried about being spyed upon because I am doing nothing wrong."

If you don't mind being spyed upon and you have nothing to hide, why not just put all of your personal info on the web for all to see - Name, SSN, bank balance and account number, credit cards, childrens school, address, phone, where you shop for groceries.................................

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The immigration issue is an important topic, but not the way it is being spun in the news.

Imo, there is a huge international corporate conglomerate conspiracy behind the immigration issue, and it is causing the destruction of the American way of life. I don't blame the illegal immigrants, I blame the conglomerates that are influencing the government into covertly allowing unchecked immigration to continue while paying lip service to border security.

What it has led to is an erosion of the middle class in America. That is the promise that America traditionally held out, the promise of the average person being able to improve their lot in life through hard work, innovative thinking, and dedication to God, family, and country. That is the precept that made this country great.

Unchecked illegal immigration, combined with NAFTA, has put the average American in an ever increasing bind. The average American worker trying to improve his lot in life can no longer compete with the virtual slave labor conditions of China, where WalMart procures its goods, and if that average American worker tries to stand up for their rights, their job is either given to an illegal immigrant or shipped off to Mexico outright.

The net result is an increasing divide between the Haves and the Have Nots in this country, and huge downward pressure on the average American's standard of living. The gap is growing steadily, and the group of privileged few at the top is shrinking at the same pace. Services for the needy are being cut to provide tax cuts for the rich, exacerbating the problem.

Earthly kings are once again failing to provide for the widowed, judge the fatherless, and minister to the poor.

1 Samuel

2:30
Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

2:31
Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.

2:32
And thou shalt see an enemy in my habitation, in all the wealth which God shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever.

2:33
And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age.

So it is written.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
How many were more attracted to a thread about the manufactured "hot issue" of the day, immigration, than some really important topics that effect all of us?

Maybe I'm stupid (I doubt it), but I am more interested in the "manufactured hot issue of the day" than the AT&T stuff (although that's interesting too).

Now, we can all feign some sort of higher intellect by pretending that millions of illegal immigrants are a non-issue, while the NSA potentially mining data with the help of AT&T is the issue that will take this nation down. We can all blithely intimate that we are somehow more knowledgeable, learned, sagacious, or whatever than others here and in the world at large because we aren’t fooled by the media’s trickery in forcing this immigration issue to the fore. And, of course, we can all create thinly-veiled accusations of stupidity to aim at those who don’t believe that illegal immigration is no big deal; it’s easy, just use a thread title and first post to metaphorically transform people who are interested in a topic into nothing more than ostriches attracted to a shiny piece of tin foil.

Of course, what we all CAN’T do is use our status on this board to get others here to assume that they are somehow naïve because they aren’t paying enough attention to what we think is the most important issue. Others seem to have no problem with it, though.

I for one happen to think that the wiretapping issue could just as easily be considered the “manufactured hot issue of the day.” And, I for one don’t particularly appreciate the seeming attempt by some to “teach me a lesson,” by creating a fictitious thread title.

If I wanted a lesson, I’d go to the learning annex.

top topics

join