It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to debunk 2012!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar does not predict the end of the world on Dec 12th 2012.
The exact date of the end of the current Mayan Long Count is still a matter of debate amongst Mayan scholars, although it is likely to be around Dec 21 2012.
The Mayan calendar is cyclical, and there are names for cycles longer than 13 bactuns of the Long Count which are coming to an end in 2012.
Even if the Mayans did believe that the world would come to an end at the end of the Long Count (which I don't believe is true), there is no reason to assume that they have any special knowledge which would allow them to make this prediction correctly. You are free to believe the Sun won't come up tomorrow, but it will anyway....

The fact that the winter solstice on 2012 is "aligned" with the plane of the Galaxy has no significance.
It takes the winter solstice 700-1400 years to cross the plane of the Galaxy.
The solstice last year (2005) was within 0.1 degrees (or 1/5th the size of the Sun) of where it will be on 2012.
The Sun crosses the plane of the Milky Way twice every year with no ill effect.

So while you get all worked up about the 2012 "theory", the people who produce these TV shows and write these End Times books laugh all the way to the bank to cash their checks.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Then there's the fact that multiple cultures across multiple continents across the world indicate that something is going to happen at this time. I don't absolutely believe that something will happen but I think there's a chance.

Also, do a little reading on Terrence McKenna's "novelty" theory.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
People will keep guessing the end of the world until the end of time. The funny thing is, no one will know who was right.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
if you actually looked at what the Mayan elders have to say, what the real prophecies/predictions say..or even places like mayanmajix.com, it's nothing like the end of the world, there are the ending of cycles, but that is why it's a great time it is time for the new to begin..most importantly increases in consciousness leading to being conscious co-creators of our reality...I know I can feel it happening from within...

What also is very interesting is the way these past cycles are looked at through the 7 days and 6 nights and how similar things have happened numerous times in the past for humanity through these cycles..I could of course explain it more but I think that link does justice, it's too bad he's no longer alive but Ian Lungold was a great man who spread what it's really about

May 27th is the beginning of the 'great celebration' of between the 4th night and the 5th day in which christ consiousness/energy will be moving in, at the beginning of the 5th day(Nov 26th) is the manifestation of quezalcoalt/christ consciousness..what will that mean? well I think at the least we will have absolute proof that we are all divine

Mass meditations only become more important, as shown in the past huge meditations of love and peace reduce crime in the area significantly. The more people together focusing on the intent of what they want to create, the more effective it will be. So unite in the light for what you believe is right...for WE ARE THE ONE'S WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!

[edit on 10-4-2006 by invisibleplane]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Umm..maybe the end of the calander isnt the end of the world..maybe the mayans just got tired of counting. And what makes them correct?? Sure i respect the culture, but why are they correct. Why not like the Incas, or some remote Native American belief that no one has heard about? My current callender ends on Dec. 31, 20006. Maybe thats the end of times!

top topics

join