It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Use Canine Suicide Bombers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, you can read this for yourself here:

www.ynetnews.com...

'Israel preparing its own attack'

The newspaper said that Israel recently leaked its own attack plans, if the United States does not act. The Israeli plan includes aerial attacks, commando raids, a possibility of a missile attack, and even bombs carried on the backs of dogs. The newspaper quotes Israeli newspapers which said that Israel constructed an exact replica of the Natanz nuclear development facility, but the United States does not believe that the operation can succeed without using nuclear weapons.

Am I the only one who sees this as weird and inhumane? I mean, of course it's better than a human suicide bomber, but these little mutts won't even have a choice.

Who could be so mean to dogs like that? Damn, I hope Americans never do this although we have used dolphins like this, I think.

Anybody care to comment on the effectiveness (or not) of this weapon?

[edit on 10-4-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
lol they are all talk, they said they were going to bomb us last month but they didnt and now they are putting in more silly things so they think its actually making a difference

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
well the nazi's tried the same thing and iy backed fired on them since the dogs came back to them in the end blowing up their tanks not the intended target

[edit on 11-4-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Isnt this a WW2 Soviet invention?

Anyone heard of 'Dog Mines'?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
well the nazi's tried the same thing and iy backed fired on them since the dogs came back to them in the end blowing up their tanks not the intended target

[edit on 11-4-2006 by bodrul]

Hah! Yeah, I am picturing the scene in White Fang where he has to yell at the dog to get him to go away. Something along those lines would be pretty funny.

"No Rex, no! Bad dog! No don't run over here-- NO REX DON'T RUN TOWARDS--" [booom]

Anyway, I hadn't known that Nazis and Soviets had tried this. Do y'all agree that America would never do this?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

lol they are all talk, they said they were going to bomb us last month but they didnt and now they are putting in more silly things so they think its actually making a difference

When did they threaten to bomb 'you'?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can you find another source claiming that Israel is going to use dogs?? I can't, i've seen sights with everything else BUT the use of dogs. Please provide another back up source.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Can you find another source claiming that Israel is going to use dogs?? I can't, i've seen sights with everything else BUT the use of dogs. Please provide another back up source.

Well, it's written by a guy whose name sounds Jewish, and the site is a pro-Israel looking site although I'm not familiar with it.

The author says he is referring to a New York Post article, but I haven't searched for it. Heck, I'd be happy if it was false! This is disturbing!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
That's only because of your formidable air defenses and Flankers. They will attack when the time is right (JSF). once they get it ina few years they can bomb you. Yes try to stop bombs on dogs its very difficult to counter.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
That's only because of your formidable air defenses and Flankers. They will attack when the time is right (JSF). once they get it ina few years they can bomb you. Yes try to stop bombs on dogs its very difficult to counter.

dont you think by then they will have adiqiute air deffences against JSFs from russia/china :p
upgraded air deffence systems and new planes

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't know, I think this has as much vality as the lucid idea of using 'tatical nukes' against Iran proposed by some pentagon guy.

Not olny is this idea unethical, its not even tatical. What kind of bomb could a dog carry? How do they know what to target?

If the enemy is given a hint that some dumbass enemy is using dog bombers they will just get orders to shot any dog that gets close. even if its not a sucide dog no problem.

Dogs can't be stealy, and you would know its a bomber dog if it has anything on, being that dogs don't wear clothing unless you have odd methods of concealment.

But whatever, they can do whatever, and they willl face the concenquences.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz_psyker
I don't know, I think this has as much vality as the lucid idea of using 'tatical nukes' against Iran proposed by some pentagon guy.

Not olny is this idea unethical, its not even tatical. What kind of bomb could a dog carry? How do they know what to target?

If the enemy is given a hint that some dumbass enemy is using dog bombers they will just get orders to shot any dog that gets close. even if its not a sucide dog no problem.

Dogs can't be stealy, and you would know its a bomber dog if it has anything on, being that dogs don't wear clothing unless you have odd methods of concealment.

But whatever, they can do whatever, and they willl face the concenquences.

I agree jazz_psyker. Also, I love your avatar. I have every sealab episode. Long live the Murph!

Your post made me think about how a person might make a bomb-dog and hide the bomb on it. Like, if people wanted to use doggies as just weapons, then what's to stop them from opening him up surgically and planting the bomb in his abdomen? I know it sounds freaky, but like you said, any dog with a visible payload is going to be killed at a distance.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Mehran,
I understand your frustration and all but in all seriousness you should not have such an attitude. You should be happy instead that nothing did happen and hope that nothing happens in the future. Saying what you are saying will not help matters it will add fuel to the fire. At this point we should be thinking of putting out the flames instead of blowing on them.
As you can see in Iraq its not a game, and a lot of innocent people are dying. Be wiser then the people that govern you and use your head when you speak because it will give people ammunition when it comes to their cause. As you can see, your President was not very smart by making the foolish statements he made, and put a gold star on the other sides column.
You should already know there are people worldwide against any kind of attack so its not that they are afraid ,or that its all talk, its a matter of public opinion and the repurcussions they would suffer if they do act on their threats without everyone being on their side.

Pie

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks smallpeeps, first person to sort of notice. My favorite character is the bebop cola machine.

As to the bomb in the adomonen, might work (going more into the unethical nasty territory), it wouldn't be seen but then that goes back to the 'once they get news of somebody using suicide dogs they will just shot any suspicous dog that gets close, collar or no collar.

If the bomb is to be effective, then it needs to be large, but yet that would hamper mobility of the dog. Something inside it would realy hamper its mobility, even more then it was carryed outside on a back-pack or dog vest.

In my oppinion while for ethical reasons it may seem better then making some guy risk his life, but forcing a animal (a ideloge zelot joining a army or terrorist group does so of his own will) to go do heathistic human activitys. We have our evil acts and will spilling into other animals, and some people think of humans as perfect beings.... perfect my ass.

The world is corrupt.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
can't they just use radio controlled cars instead.

That sucks that they are thinking of using dogs. If it does happen I just hope there are as many virgin bitches(female dogs) in heaven as there are respectively for the terrorists.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm thinking no on the dogs. A waste of ordinance IMHO, just as seeing as dogs are unpredictable and this type of tactic would pose just as much of a threat to you if not more, as it did your enemy. I too am unfamiliar with the website so I dont know what to think, the headlines dont make it seem like anti israeli site or anything. I think it may have been a misquote or misinterpretation. Just doesnt seem like a feasible weapon to use.

P.S.- not to metion I'm a dog lover myself and would go balistic if this were true.

[edit on 4/12/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah, it definitely sounds like this could backfire in an extremely bad way, but as stated earlier its way better then using humans as suicide bombers...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul dont you think by then they will have adiqiute air deffences against JSFs from russia/china :p
upgraded air deffence systems and new planes

Uh basically all they have now are the S300(S400 coming soon) and how do you know the new air defenses will work against JSF"s . You dont have JSF's to test on. Basically sams suck they have never stopped any military from a sucessful invasion all they have done is keep the enemy at bay for a while that's it(and cause losses). The latest russina sams have one weakness ....high radar masts. An enemy flying at a good altitude can stay below the radar horizon. Besides new planes wont do anything the JSF's will always get the bvr shots.Its not as easy as you're putting it out to be.

radar horizon radarproblems.com...
more here and how sams might be struck by even conventioal AC. www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

terrain is one thing that can help you against a sam.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well I did a little research and actually, the US used trench-bomb dogs in WW1 so hopefully that'll balance out any perceived anti-Israel bias in my post. I couldn't find anything about dogs being used this way in WW2 or Vietnam, etc so maybe the US learned its lesson?

But then, I guess animals like beasts of burden and so forth have been used to walk munitions into a locale and then detonate. I guess some people think all animals are just meat or tools to be used as they see fit.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Though remember this is just a lucid idea. Trying to make insults against country for methods of war they might posiably do, doesn't realy make much of a case.

maddox actualy thought of the idea www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net...

new topics

top topics

join