It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Paranormal just intresting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Couldnt think of anywhere this would fit, but im sure lot's of people would be intrested in this story anyway, I hadnt heard of the term 'anthropodermic bibliopegy' till I heard the report on the news today. I'm rather dismayed I didnt find it.. I walked that way on saturday

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Interesting.

Why was he arrested if the book was centuries old? That's like arresting someone for owning land today that slaves were forced to work on in the 1800's.

Didn't they find lamp-shades made out of the skin of Jews after World War 2?

[edit on 10-4-2006 by firebat]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wasnt that just Ed Gein with the lamps?
He was arrested because they thought he'd nicked it, although in Leeds im not really sure where he'd get something like that from :S we're all far too common to have such an exotic object

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
thanks for putting this thread in the right place by the way whoever did, I really wasnt sure where to put it :S

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
VERY strange! I hadn't heard of the practice of binding copies of trial records in a murderer's skin.

When I saw it was human skin, I wondered if it might be a "magical" book of some sort (some of the demonologists were into some very strange practices.) If you hear more about this, post some links for us would you?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
when i heard it on the news I though 'Evil Dead' was gunna happen all over again

I'll keep looking, for more info on the use of 'anthropodermic bibliopegy', and I'll try and find more out about the story. Googles letting me down so far though

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well it's just a few months later... but heres a link about Anthropodermic Bibliopegy for anyone who was intrested about it

Wikipedia - where else?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

West Yorkshire Police traced the book's owners after a public appeal for information.

the Books owner a Count Alucard came forward after he woke up from his basement crypt where he sleeps the sleep of the undead to find his gothic style house ransacked
the thief also stole some candles made from human fat and a pair of gloves

new topics

top topics

join