It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great West = Robot Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've been told in one of my classes the comparison between the West side

of the world and the East side of the world that the West (America,

Canada, etc) people have a tight schedule that they work like a colony of

ants. Now my theory is that we're the beginning of the New World Order

and this may sound far-fetched but what if the government is doing

experiments on us to improve our work force here? I feel like a robot when I'm at work!
Was it like a long time ago?

[edit on 10-4-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's always been like that. It's the difference in cultures that makes percieved differences.

For example, a common saying is "Americans live to work, Europeans work to live."

But that doesn't account for Germany, Switzerland, and Czeckoslovakia (sorry if I mispelt that). Many other smaller European cultures also have amazingly strong work ethic, to the point where the person's life is their job.

Now, another factor is how the markets work. Everyone in the US, and predominantly in the "Western World", tends to owe money to lots of banks. To pay this all off, and to earn savings so that they or their children can live better later, they work longer shifts, extra hours, and meaningless jobs. However, the way the economy works, and also depending on how the government LETS it work, it towards complete efficiency.

Complete efficiency, and thus the strongest market, is made when people use all the money they make. They spend all they have essentially to buy what they need, and perhaps what they don't need. Technically this will produce the best market.

The US especially strives for an impossibly strong market... which is why people's savings go down the drains.

The result? People have to work even LONGER, harder, with worse stuff.

Add to that each company is itself striving for their own efficiency and... well...

You see, the "New World Order" that people are talking about. It's not controlled by any one person, it's a prison of our own making. It's the end result of the math of economics and efficiency, and a capitalist market that pushes too long against the natural curve of markets.

Take for instance the term "profit". When you and I think "profit" we think of making more money than we used. But when a company thinks "profit" it's about making more money than the amount they made last time. If they made less money than last quarter, they consider it a failed quarter.

Or "progressive growth". It's a foolish notion of always doing better next year than the year before. Technically, if you're doing better always, then your company is succeeding, your getting better, making more, etc. However, if you fail to keep that standard, then anyone that's investing in you starts pulling out. The markets are vicious and powerful.

Once again, I state, the NWO is truely just an economic and social prison that we ourselves are building brick by subtle brick. There is NO ONE in charge. No secret societies, or NWOs, or world conspiracies... all there are is a bunch of people trying to cover their behinds whilst giving the illusion of someone pulling the strings, though they're rapidly losing blood.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
Once again, I state, the NWO is truely just an economic and social prison that we ourselves are building brick by subtle brick. There is NO ONE in charge. No secret societies, or NWOs, or world conspiracies... all there are is a bunch of people trying to cover their behinds whilst giving the illusion of someone pulling the strings, though they're rapidly losing blood.

this i see, its the whole "blame game" . no one will step up and claim there role of being an ass. But there are people in control, its the "bosses", "owners" ect that want to have control of/over eveything that has there " name" on it.(or should have there name on it) get theses powere hungry people out there working and gettin there hands dirty.(again or for the frist time) taking/talking/acting and being real with eveyone, not work work work, what your sick... your fired or i will make you leave on your own. that is the NWO! To many cooks in the kitchen!!

join