It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone-Jamming Linked to Possible Voter Fraud in New Hampshire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Court Issues Injunction Against Democrat Operatives Targeting Ohio Voters With Phone Calls Providing Deceptive Information to Voters

Ohio voters who had identified themselves as Republicans received telephone calls telling them that the election was to be held a day later than Election Day, that their polling locations had been changed and that they could only vote if they brought four separate pieces of identification to the poll. This information was intentionally deceptive and intended to direct voters to a polling place where they would not be able to cast a ballot.

The Marion County Common Pleas Court issued a temporary restraining order against the Marion and Greene County Democratic Parties, the Ohio Democratic Party and America Coming Together (ACT) enjoining them from making inaccurate and deceptive phone calls to targeted voters.

And the "act of vandalism" of slashing tires? That was designed to STOP voters from reaching the polls at all. Also a Democratic act of Disenfranchisement.

originally posted by ceci2006
As I read the Democratic transgressions, nearly all the offenders were people who acted on their own instead of being "told" to do any of the violations mentioned. (If someone finds something else, please post it).

Done. Read the above. And I'm sure the Ohio Democratic Party made a lot of phone calls to the national organization and higher ups, including John Kerry. So can I allege that John Kerry authorized the deception?

[edit on 4/21/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I believe it was on one of Alex Jones' sites or David Icke's. Possibly Artic Beacon. It was about about a week and a half ago because I remember sitting out with my neighbor talking about it. Funny how if you pay attention to the news from some of these sites, you can almost predict the MSM news way in advance. Good way to trick people into thinking you're either pyschic or a person who recieves a lot of leaks.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The Marion County Democratic Party provided an affidavit in the case that explained its role in the matter. The affidavit, as completed by Cathy Chaffin, Chair of the Marion County Democratic Party, explained that Kerry-Edwards campaign staffers made the misleading phone calls blocked by Judge Faulker’s order. Chaffin stated in the affidavit that once she became aware that Kerry-Edwards staffers were using her office space to make calls giving “the wrong polling location” to voters, she tried multiple times to get them to stop the calls, to the point of threatening to kick them out of the office if the calls did not stop. Below are the key points from Chaffin’s affidavit. (75)

* The Marion County Democratic Party provided space to the Kerry-Edwards campaign for use as its campaign headquarters.

* Ms. Chaffin became aware that Kerry-Edwards staffers were placing telephone calls to voters and giving out voting locations and “that the wrong polling location was being given.”

* Ms. Chaffin called Kerry-Edwards campaign staffer Jim Secreto and told him the activity must stop. She was assured that it would stop.

* A few days later, Ms. Chaffin learned that the phone calls were continuing. She again told Mr. Secreto to stop and again was told that the activity would cease.

* Finally, on Election Day, Ms. Chaffin learned that the telephone calls were still being made. At that time, she told Mr. Secreto that if the calls did not stop, he would have to leave Marion County Democratic Headquarters. (76)

The case is still pending. But in your quest of rooting out disfranchisement, I am going to post the portion of your article that shows the affadavit by Ms. Chaffin.

People need to know what she did in response to the calls. And I ask again, did the Republican officials ask their operatives "to stop"? No. Not a one.

One man's disenfranchisement is another man's taking of Florida, I say.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Kudos to Mrs. Chaffin for her action. But I see I don't need to allege any connection to the Kerry campaign, as she provides a proven link. Unlike the story's "link" to the White House.

"Kerry-Edwards staffers were placing telephone calls to voters and giving out voting locations and “that the wrong polling location was being given.”

Anyway, my main point is anyone who thinks only one side plays these tricks is blind. Both parties are rotten from the bottom up.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Because there was a link to the White house. Did you not read that 24 calls were made on a three day basis to the White House? That fact is in the article. How can you dispute that? Now, who those calls were made to, that is a point of contention.

This is from the original article from Associated Press:

The records show that Bush campaign operative James Tobin, who recently was convicted in the case, made two dozen calls to the White House within a three-day period around Election Day 2002--[....]The phone records of calls to the White House were exhibits in Tobin's trial but prosecutors did not make them part of their case.
[....]
The phone records show that most calls to the White House were from Tobin, who became
President Bush's presidential campaign chairman for the New England region in 2004. Other calls from New Hampshire senatorial campaign offices to the White House could have been made by a number of people.

A GOP campaign consultant in 2002, Jayne Millerick, made a 17-minute call to the White House on Election Day, but said in an interview she did not recall the subject. Millerick, who later became the New Hampshire GOP chairwoman, said in an interview she did not learn of the jamming until after the election.

Now you have the facts of the situation as presented in the article.

I did not report anything that was not part of the facts. Please stop with debunking the "White House" portion of my post which featured the calls.

And, nowhere in the Democratic story does it allege that there were calls to the Kerry Campaign headquarters. Nor, calls to Kerry's Congressional offices (let alone Edward's Congressional office).

[edit on 21-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Then I'm leaving this tea-party

The Justice Department has secured three convictions in the case but hasn't accused any White House or national Republican officials of wrongdoing, nor made any allegations suggesting party officials outside New Hampshire b]were involved.

Unless the content of the calls is known, there is no link to the White House in the case. Those calls could have been other campaign business, anything else is pure speculation.

Nowhere in the Democratic story does it allege that there were calls to the Kerry Campaign headquarters. Nor, calls to Kerry's Congressional offices (let alone Edward's Congressional office).

No, but they were Kerry staffers according to Mrs. Chaffin, the Chair of the Marion County Democratic Party. That's a proven link to Kerry, admitted by a Democratic Party official.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh no. Don't leave the tea party yet. I'm about to serve the scones.

They were Kerry staffers. But the article about the Democrats did not allege that these phone callers actually talked to Kerry, nor Edwards. Did Kerry personally hire them? Or is there a chain of command of people who hire the staffers? Therein lies the difference.

Anyone who could be working for the campaign could be called a "staffer". The article does not say in what capacity the "staffer" did. The "staffer" could be someone washing dishes for the Kerry-Edwards campaign. So until there is a real connection, there isn't any proof unless the phone is placed in Kerry's or Edward's hand and they were barking out the orders. Or, if it is revealed that someone in the upper echelon of the Kerry Campaign is proven to be the link. After all, "the staffer" could have been working on his/her own.

Btw, being a Marion County Head of the Democratic Party in Ohio is quite different from being the New England Regional Campaign Chairman don't you think? Mr. Tobin had the responsibility of more states than Ms. Chaffin. She only had the responsiblity of one county. New Hampshire, was just one state that Mr. Tobin happened to get caught in and convicted for. It was proven that he was one of the callers to the White House. That means he was told to do this "disenfranchisement of voters" by a command from someone important. Who that is? We may never know.

Yet another difference.

I still stand by the fact that calls were made to the White House. But why do you think the Justice Department will not prosecute any Republicans in the White House? Why do you think that they would only prosecute the "peons" in the case?

Follow the money and influence.

P.S. For what it is worth, the word "allege" is used in typing articles when describing the potential acts of the subject of the text. It is a part of the journalistic guidelines.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If this story is true then this person must be prosecuted to the full extent. We don't know if the person did this on there own or not though so implications of White House management are just speculation.

What I do find concerning though these days is the drift of the MSM and many sites on the web that the Democrats are innocent and never have done anything wrong. It seems to be implied in this thread too if you ask me. How realistic is that view? I highly doubt it myself and I fail to see why stories have not come out that the Democrats were up to 'tricks' during the past two elections themselves. That is the problem when the media is owned by people with a certain political leaning... only a selected truth seems to appear to the public.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
If this story is true then this person must be prosecuted to the full extent. We don't know if the person did this on there own or not though so implications of White House management are just speculation.

I agree. On election day, you can surely guarantee that the phone lines are singing from the traffic from all over the nation. The phone calls themselves prove nothing.

I highly doubt it myself and I fail to see why stories have not come out that the Democrats were up to 'tricks' during the past two elections themselves. That is the problem when the media is owned by people with a certain political leaning... only a selected truth seems to appear to the public.

It is normal that the loudest cries would be from the losing camp, so that may be the reason for the plethora of Republican stories. But you are right - there is a definite push to downplay the Democratic misdeeds, both in the MSM and on left-leaning websites.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This story is now being picked up by Bloomberg:

Senate Vote Inquiry Widens as Democrats Probe White House Link

To Republicans, the New Hampshire phone-jamming incident is an isolated case of political dirty tricks that took place more than three years ago.

To Democrats, it's a scandal with echoes of Watergate that may reach all the way to the White House.

Republican leaders are facing questions stemming from a criminal case involving efforts to suppress voter turnout in a U.S. Senate election in the state in 2002. Republican John Sununu won that race over Democrat Jeanne Shaheen, helping Republicans retake control of the Senate.

The facts, on the surface at least, are suspicious: dozens of phone calls to the White House by a man later convicted in the case; the national Republican Party agreeing to pay more than $2.5 million in legal bills; phones jammed on Election Day, not only of Democrats but of a firefighters' group, in the first U.S. congressional elections since the Sept. 11 attacks. Democrats say that disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff may even be involved.

More...

Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ceci2006,

The link doesnt work on the initial post you made or is that all of the information.

The link to yahoo doesnt work.

Thankyou

Knowledge23

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I believe that the articles posted by yahoo might be on a "timed" link. I tried it and it said that the page in which displayed the story "expired". However, if I can find a duplicate story with the link in tact. I will try to get it up as soon as possible.

Give me a little time. I'll see what I can do so that people can read the story once again.

Take care,

Ceci

UPDATE: There are new links that you can access the Associated Press Story. I found the wire copy on abcnewsgo.com. Click the link on top of the article, it'll take you to the AP wire report. Plus, there are supplemental texts which explore the case. Just look at the first post and you'll find the links. Hope these help!

[edit on 25-4-2006 by ceci2006]

[edit on 25-4-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thankyou Ceci2006

Cheers

Knowledge23

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Seems to me that both sides had their own Dirty Tricks Departments running full bore. Out of the descriptions given here the jamming of the phones by the Republicans would be minor compaired to the Democrat's antics. Jamming the phones would be a local misdemenor while the giving the wrong poll locations and wrong dates would be interfering with an election, a Federal felony. I think that both of these incidents were planned and carried out at the local level. If anybody at the National level were aware they would have acted to prevent this, just to eliminate it from becoming a media event. What bothers me is the Us against Them mentality that members of both parties have and what each side is prepared to do to win. The issues and events don't matter it is all about one party getting ahead of the other and damn the people.

By the way I am registered NPA when it comes to voting. No Political Affiliation.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In Milwaukee, members of the democratic party, including the sons of Representative Gwen Moore and Acting Mayor Marvin Pratt, were convicted of slashing the tires of Get out the Vote vans for the republican party. If that is not denying someone the right to vote, I dont know what is. But the Dems tried to play it off as mere Vandalism. Pathetic.

[edit on 5/6/06 by s8nlovesme]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sadly, it is just as pathetic as Katherine Harris has two CD-ROMs of Black voters' names falsely attributed with felonies. And it was equally pathetic that because of mistaken identity they were denied at their precincts from voting in Broward and Dade Counties.

Also equally pathetic are those DIEBOLD machines. No one is even trying to hide the fact that a Republican donor to the GOP is head of the company which manufactures them. And more pathetically enough, those machines have no paper trail and has created more havoc with the elections due to the easiness to hack into the system.

And even more pathetic, instead of having a recount, Tom Delay, John Bolten and DeLay's congressional aides in 2000 rushed the ballot counting offices in Florida to stop the recount. Oh yes. That was very, very pathetic. And they created a riot, trashed those offices and did not have any violations.

And the most pathetic thing of all is that Katherine Harris validated the vote even though there were dirty shenanigans bordering on violating the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

You know what's not pathetic? Katherine Harris is having a horrible time with her campaign staff for Senator of Florida. And the people who felt disenfranchised by the vote of 2000 sued her and won.

[edit on 7-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think that the issues raised in this thread are minor incidents compaired to the thousands of military absentee ballots that are thrown out each election.

Military Personel Deserve the Right to Vote

Statement Made to House Armed Services Committee

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join