It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It must suck to be an Iranian ATSer now (hell, this probably goes for all other Iranians...)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_it

Originally posted by Amethyst

It's none of our business what another nation does within its own borders!

Yeah thats what America tried with Germany when hitler first took power..

I think we all know how that turned out

IF ww2 had never happend, you'd have had to invent it, justifies pretty much everything, doesn't it? any counter arguing makes you a nazi, too

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, it actually doesn't, I am an iranian, and damn proud of it!
but... i am ashamed of my fatherland these days..
iran was once a powerfull empire/country whatever you wanna call it) and i was proud of but since the the regime/government of iran came, it all went down... now everybody has a bad view of Iran.
But the people of iran are actually very peacefull and generous, it's just the government (also called the ''Khomeni'') who just destroyed Persia...
now, everybody thinks we're trash and just scum, when just 30 years ago, Iran was respected by many...
just a shame, a shame..

- MB

[edit on 12-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by meridian_blood_29387423
But the people of iran are actually very peacefull and generous, it's just the government (also called the ''Khomeni'') who just destroyed Persia...
now, everybody thinks we're trash and just scum, when just 30 years ago, Iran was respected by many...
just a shame, a shame..

- MB

This is not true Meridian. I have met quite a few Iranians (Persians) and they were good people. My software developer is there now and he's a cool guy to talk to. He also is not very happy with the people in power. Its just the ignorant people who don't know any better who may think you are scum or whatever negative things you feel. Don't pay attention.

Pie

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is not true Meridian. I have met quite a few Iranians (Persians) and they were good people. My software developer is there now and he's a cool guy to talk to. He also is not very happy with the people in power. Its just the ignorant people who don't know any better who may think you are scum or whatever negative things you feel. Don't pay attention.

Pie

Yes yes, you are right, i didn't sad we WERE scum or something"
each and every human is the same, maybe different from the outside, but still the same from the inside

And yes, it are the (sorry) dumbasses and stupid people who dont know anything, who call iranians ''scum'' and not only the iranians, just kinda all asians
But i don't really have problems with it, i know that iranians are just as human and the same as they are.
But one little question,
What do you mean with ''This is not true meridian''
Whats not true?
i know this sounds dumb but, i gotta know

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sorry, i suddenly clicked it twice.. -.-
I am new here, sorry

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
w0w...

just based on the title of this thread, i am surprised it is still active...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
w0w...

just based on the title of this thread, i am surprised it is still active...

It just goes to show you that, once again, "you can't always
judge a book by it's cover". I guess that's the case with this thread.

Of course, you could be right as we still don't know how this thread will end.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
How do you know that Iran is years away?

- Because inspectors have been all over the place inspecting their installations and knowledgeable people have seen what they have and can make serious and informed estimates of how long it would take considering where they are now.

The US security agencies as recently as summer 2005 estimated Iran was at least 10yrs away from making a bomb (and that is only if they really are trying right now) - it's worth bearing in mind that that estimate is also 'informed' by the intel failures in Iraq btw.

So after being deceptive for over 20 years, they should now be trusted without question?

- No, who said anything about trusting "without question"?
We had inspectors able to inspect and 24/7 constant remote monitoring.

We also had 'go anywhere anytime' inspections agreed to too (all way beyond the provisions of the international treaties Iran has signed up to btw).

Unfortunately we are trying to recover from a position where they feel that no matter what they do it will never be good enough, hence the recent suspension of inspections......now lifted, IAEA inspectors are there inspecting right now.

Do you honestly trust them without question?

- I don't have to when there is a proper cooperative inspection regime in place.
Why would anyone in the right mind, claiming to have serious concerns about this, do anything to, or worse, even want to anything to destroy that?

People seem to be blaming the US only........France, Germany, China & Russia are involved too......are they all wrong?

- That might be how it is on the surface but looking at the statements and tone from each of those countries one finds large differences.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanx MB. We hear you loud and clear! Good to have you here. You tell truth. I live in a suburb of Toronto with a large Arabic population. Quite frankly I have met and befriended many and never have I had a reason for concern - all good folks - bright, industrious smart and competent. If you or those you care about are in Iran get away from Natanz, Bushehr and Tamineeyah (sorry about the spelling) out to the countryside or another non-target city.
These Yanks ain't foolin' and are in a bad mood. Please be careful - move as water and wind.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What do you mean with ''This is not true meridian''
Whats not true?
i know this sounds dumb but, i gotta know

That not all people think you are scum just because of your government. Just like all people shouldn't think americans are bad because of our government.

MBF

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Well, it actually doesn't, I am an iranian, and damn proud of it!
but... i am ashamed of my fatherland these days..
iran was once a powerfull empire/country whatever you wanna call it) and i was proud of but since the the regime/government of iran came, it all went down... now everybody has a bad view of Iran.
just a shame, a shame..

- MB

I would like to ask you a question. Would you want the United States to invade your country and remove the current government? Like I said before, the people here don't hate the Iranian people, just the ones in power. I just want to know if your opinion is the same as the lady's that I saw on tv that wanted the U.S. to invade and remove the government.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well I got 500 ATS points deducted for telling our Muslim members to burn in hell. I thought I was logical. Muslim religion says I goto hell as a non beleiver, and that I belong there. It only made sense to wish them torture in hell.

Lets reveiw the Terms of Service:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone

By posting that you are muslim you are not posting in a hateful manner? I personally take offense to anyone who worships the Koran and wants to see me dead and in hell.

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden

By posting you are Muslim you are not condoning the death of infidels? Not only their death, but their pain and humiliation in HELL itself???

Thanks ATS for picking sides with the immorals. This is BIAS rule enforcement!

[edit on 12-4-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Stuck In The Middle With You

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

Please don't take this the wrong way, but as a moderator, I actually consider this a compliment.

ATS has members of many different faiths, creeds, ethnicities, nationalities and -- more importantly -- points of view.

Many ATSers have very strong opinions on some things, especially religion. It's natural that there will be friction.

Heck, look at what this thread is about.

Personally, I'm very sensitive to this issue. I hate the idea that anyone would feel they are unwelcome on ATS because they have a different opinion.

ATS is all about thinking for ourselves, so naturally we'll differ on things.

But in order for us to be able to get along with one another in our online community, we must show each other respect and conduct ourselves in a courteous, civil manner. Doing so is not optional.

Opinions about Islam, Christianity, politics and pretty much everything else are welcome in their proper places (i.e., when on-topic).

Opinions about other members are not.

Refrain from condemning your fellow members to Hell, honor your promise to abide by the T&C, and you will have no problems on ATS.

And that's something you can believe in.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Interseptor, all I gotta say is...

I TOTALLY feel you!

As for the comments on the thread title, please.
I already said this was not a slam on Iranians. I'd make a thread on how much it's gonna suck to be an American, but the "patriots" would slaughter my ass.
Let me ask, if I made a thread called "It must have sucked to be black in America before the Civil Rights Era," would I catch this kinda flak?

Look, I didn't make this thread just because of the Idiot in Chief and his cronies pushing for a war with Iran's Idiot in Command (well, on paper, anyway). I made this thread because regular Joes are being sucked into the frenzy. Not only do I see people here call for nuking or military strong-arming of Iran, but I TALK to people who concur.

So, get off it. I ain't the type to slander someone for their country of origin.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
OH, and meridian...

I'm glad to hear that you don't let it bother you.
I guess you realize some people are just haters.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
Well I got 500 ATS points deducted for telling our Muslim members to burn in hell. I thought I was logical. Muslim religion says I goto hell as a non beleiver, and that I belong there. It only made sense to wish them torture in hell.

Lets reveiw the Terms of Service:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone

By posting that you are muslim you are not posting in a hateful manner? I personally take offense to anyone who worships the Koran and wants to see me dead and in hell.

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden

By posting you are Muslim you are not condoning the death of infidels? Not only their death, but their pain and humiliation in HELL itself???

[edit on 12-4-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

shush! watch what you say....I have learn to accept that this is primarily an anti-american board and if you contradict that party line too much you will be censored! I remember the last time the mods started goosestepping all over the board and I probably have just bought myself a huge penalty and will be censored myself, I was forced to stop my posts or face immediate banning. yes, rule enforcement is biased, it helps you to buy the party line, but just keep your views toned down and you will drop of the radar.

remember freedom of speech is an american right, not a british one.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
That not all people think you are scum just because of your government. Just like all people shouldn't think americans are bad because of our government.

Well, Not all ofcourse, but a lot of people do
but they're dumb,
Well actually, alot of people here in The netherlands, blame bush and the goverment of the 'deeds' they do, (almost) nobody here blames the people, and thats a good thing to!

- MB

[edit on 13-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

[edit on 13-4-2006 by meridian_blood_29387423]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

shush! watch what you say....I have learn to accept that this is primarily an anti-american board and if you contradict that party line too much you will be censored! I remember the last time the mods started goosestepping all over the board and I probably have just bought myself a huge penalty and will be censored myself, I was forced to stop my posts or face immediate banning. yes, rule enforcement is biased, it helps you to buy the party line, but just keep your views toned down and you will drop of the radar.

remember freedom of speech is an american right, not a british one.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

Xphilesfan the above was a joke right?! Two thirds of the ownership of this site IS American.

"Freedom of Speech" is NOT an "ATS Right" if the speech violates the Terms and Conditions of Use. In exactly the same way the Constitution of the U.S. limits certain speech in the U.S., like slander and sedition as two quick examples.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join