It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the $10,000 challenge!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For those of you who still think Hani Hanjour -- or any of the other alleged hijackers -- crashed Flight 77 into the Pentagon, here's a challenge for you:

Go to a flight school that has a simulator for a Boeing 757 with simulated terrain. Have the flight instructors take off at or near Dulles airport and fly the 757 out near the Ohio/Kentucky border where Hanjour and his gang of merry thugs took over the plane.

Then you will take over the controls by yourself...

...and turn the plane around and head back towards the D.C. area and try to crash into the Pentagon any place you wish. You can hit it from the side, from the top, or where ever. It doesn’t matter where you hit it as long as some part of the plane touches the building, even if it’s just the tip of the wing.

Now here’s the catch, since Hani Hanjour was on a suicide mission, you have only ONE chance to commandeer the 757 into the Pentagon and since it’s hard to simulate the feelings of knowing you are going to die soon from crashing your plane into your intended target, you have to bet the flight school $10,000 that you can do it in ONE try. Oh, and you have to be going over 500mph the entire time.

Think you could do it knowing you might lose $10,000 of your own money?

Still think Hani Hanjour could have flown the plane into the Pentagon?

[SIZE=4]Put your money where your mouth is[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]and take the $10,000 challenge![/SIZE]

[edit on 10-4-2006 by Killtown]

[edit on 10-4-2006 by Killtown]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Good luck finding someone sucker enough to try so that they can get arrested before they even get to the simulator

Have you ever flown a plane Killtown?
Those controls might look impressive to you, but to someone with any flight experience and once having studied the easily available layout study panels and flight manuals for the aircraft it's not really that complicated, especially with the bird already airbourne

[edit on 10-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Those controls might look impressive to you, but to someone with any flight experience and once having studied the easily available layout study panels and flight manuals for the aircraft it's not really that complicated, especially with the bird already airbourne

But, could you do the manuvers that they suppossedly did? That's the $10,000 question. Not if the controls look intimidating or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Good luck finding someone sucker enough to try so that they can get arrested before they even get to the simulator

Have you ever flown a plane Killtown?

Well if it's so easy then put your money where your mouth is buddy and take the $10,000 challenge!

And "arrested"? Where did that come from???

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How do I know unless I try? I've only flown small aircraft, I know that anyone commenting or observing will never have pushed an aircraft like that through those extremes because there would be no need. Also no sane or experienced person would dream of it, the pilot wasn't sane or experienced, he didn't care about the safety of the aircraft, himself or the passengers, he did things no-one else would even want to try. How can even these experienced pilots comment on something that no-one would ever dare to try, emm? What are they basing it on?
When I was doing my flying lessons and we did stall recoveries I pointed out that the airspeed of the aircraft with full flaps was far exceeding it's design specification during the manoeuvre. The instructor had never noticed, in fact one would be led to believe that no-one had ever noticed and this fact been widely propagated as it appeared to be a surprise to him!
This guy was a professional pilot and flew large cargo planes for a living when not doing his part-time teaching job. So the professionals can be just as surprised and mistaken as the rest of us I'm afraid.
And remarkably, the aircraft survived doing this not only several times during that exercise, but one imagines countless others beforehand, so bearing that in mind and the fact no-one knows the structural condition of the Pentagon aircraft prior to impact – how can that even be used as evidence of deception?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown

Wow man

You're kidding right?.. If you're not joking I don't know how I can take anything you say seriously again.. Let me get this straight...
You want.,.. someone.. in post 9/11 climate.... to book into an airliner simulator (which are pretty well monitored these days for suspicious activity) and then ask to practise flying into the Pentagon?
Sorry dude, but you just lost the tiny bit of respect I had for you...

Err, why don't you try booking into a flight simulator and asking to fly into the Pentagon...

Drop me a line when you get out of Guantanamo dude...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So true AgentSmith.....so true. You're gonna need more than $10,000 for bail money if someone were to actually attempt this. That is saying if they give you bail.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well go ahead and try it for you will not have to fear dying, so it should be easier for you than Hanjour who wasn't allowed to rent a Cessna a month before 9/11.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

When I was doing my flying lessons and we did stall recoveries I pointed out that the airspeed of the aircraft with full flaps was far exceeding it's design specification during the manoeuvre.

In most cases it is best to recover, rather than not.
If that nessesitates exceeding the spec, so be it.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Wow man

You're kidding right?.. If you're not joking I don't know how I can take anything you say seriously again.. Let me get this straight...
You want.,.. someone.. in post 9/11 climate.... to book into an airliner simulator (which are pretty well monitored these days for suspicious activity) and then ask to practise flying into the Pentagon?
Sorry dude, but you just lost the tiny bit of respect I had for you...

Err, why don't you try booking into a flight simulator and asking to fly into the Pentagon...

Drop me a line when you get out of Guantanamo dude...

I fail to see why they would arrest someone if you told the school that you are doing it as a bet to see if Hanjour really could have done what he's said to have done. I'm not telling anybody to break in the middle of the night and jump on one to see if can be done.

But come to think of it maybe they would arrest someone who tries it for fear they will demonstrate that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do what Hani did and blow the official story wide open.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Of course, but even the instructor hadn't realised that was happening, especially not to the extent it was. Points are that

1) The experienced pilot didn't realise it was happening so one can't rely heavily on their opinion in all cases. Coupled with what I pointed out that no-one would ever have tried anything like that anyway to have as a comparison in making any statements.

2) The aircraft could 'safely' exceed it's design spec by far without ill-effect, even when it was done regularly over a prolonged period.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I fail to see why they would arrest someone if you told the school that you are doing it as a bet to see if Hanjour really could have done what he's said to have done. I'm not telling anybody to break in the middle of the night and jump on one to see if can be done.

If believe that then no wonder you believe in some of your theories..

Sorry but that has to be one of the most ridiculous things anyone has said in my presence, don't you watch the news these days and what happens to anyone that even jokes about this kind of thing? Sheesh man. Sort it out.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If believe that then no wonder you believe in some of your theories..

Sorry but that has to be one of the most ridiculous things anyone has said in my presence, don't you watch the news these days and what happens to anyone that even jokes about this kind of thing? Sheesh man. Sort it out.

I got a question for you, does the gov't pay you by the hour or by the post?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I used to fly into buildings all the time back when I had microsoft flight simulator 95' I found it the most fun thing to do with that game. Although there was no explosions... I wonder if they have taken that out in the latest versions?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by acura_el2000
I used to fly into buildings all the time back when I had microsoft flight simulator 95' I found it the most fun thing to do with that game. Although there was no explosions... I wonder if they have taken that out in the latest versions?

I'd almost challenge people to bet 10 G's to do it on Flight Simulator!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I got a question for you, does the gov't pay you by the hour or by the post?

Yes that's right Killtown, I'm a Government agent because I pointed out the folly of your ways...

You think you're going to attract people to your level of reasoning by:

a) Suggesting they do something that everyone (apart from you apparantly) knows will get them locked up for a long time.

b) Accusing anyone that points out how dumb this is, as well as add some experience to the conversation, of being a Government Agent?

I think you're mistaking working for the Government for having common sense.

Keep up the good work dude, I can always do with a laugh

EDIT:

What a hypocrite, you got all upset because you were booted off a forum you frequented for not agreeing with the owner's unusual ideas, yet are guilty of similar behaviour for throwing around Government Agent insults because someone points out the ignorance of one of your ideas.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why won't someone simply take KillTown's challenge? Reminds me of Jimmy Walters 1 Million dollar competition.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
How can anybody get locked up for flying a flight sim into a building, Emotive Crime, whatever next.
Pointless excersice imo, a true challenge can be achieved, this can't.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They would say to you at the simulator location, please wait there in that room sir. Fifteen minutes later I guarantee you would be in that same room with at least 4 scary looking men wanting to know why the hell you want to try this.

These men were trained for one thing, and one thing only, to control the plane and hit hte target. They were no concerned about the comfort of passengers, or making sure it ever flew again. You are right, they had one shot, and the pilot did it.

This thread has no point.....

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aelphaeis_mangarae
Why won't someone simply take KillTown's challenge? Reminds me of Jimmy Walters 1 Million dollar competition.

Because they are AFRAID too. Because if they do it will prove to them that their "it's easy to manuver a plane once it's in the air" theory is wrong and they won't be able to deal with the implications after that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join