It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote of No Confidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems that there has been a change in ATS policy in recent times, which is having an affect on my confidence in posting new threads. There are two issues I would like to raise:

1. There seems to be an increase in the number of threads that are moved from ATS to BTS. I understand that we have specific forums designed for specific topics, thus threads that do not conform to the thread topic need to be moved to a more suitable one. However there seems to be a number of threads that get moved to a different forum despite seemingly conforming to the forum subject. To make matters worse, where once upon a time threads were moved from one forum to another within ATS, they are now moved to BTS almost without exception. Moving an ATS thread to BTS spells the death knell for many threads. BTS attracts a different type of reader with different interests to ATS, thus threads suited to ATS are often unsuited to the readers of BTS, not to mention the vast reduction in readers on BTS in comparison to ATS.

As a result of this, I am now reluctant to post new threads on ATS because it seems regardless of the intended audience, there is a good chance it will be destined for the BTS general chit-chat forum, and never realise it's potential.

In my opinion, any subject which provokes unorthodox thought is worthy of remaining in ATS. BTS is for subjects relating to accepted norms. Granted there are many threads that don't belong in the particular forum they are posted in, but providing they challenge accepted norms, surely they deserve to remain on ATS? Isn't the website discussion forum supposed to cater for ATS worthy threads that don't fit into any other category?

2. I have also noticed in the past few weeks that the EDIT option remains available regardless of how old the thread is. This must surely be a glitch in the system, as it allows one to change their post after the fact. Surely this is detrimental to the integrity of a constructive debate on a given thread, if a poster is able to alter their comments to suit their agenda?

A perfect example is right here on this thread. It was originally an off-topic thread, but received little attention, thus I chose to change the entire topic completely and now the posts below this have no relationship to the thread topic. In my opinion, this matter requires attention.

I apologise if I have violated any website policies, but I feel both of these issues needed raising, in the best interests of maintaining the integrity and objectiveness that has made ATS one of the premier conspiracy forums on the internet.

[edit on 30/4/06 by mytym]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its been done to death dude

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Fiend for life.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yeah, those huge rabbits bug me too!!!!

NC

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This post is no longer valid due to the change in thread topic.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have attempted to remove the posts that have no relationship to this thread now that the topic has changed. Obviously I can onlyalter my owns, so there are a couple of others that will no longer make much sense. I apologise for this.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In my opinion, it would be much more beneficial to get rid of BTS and PTS and place all forum topics in ATS, allowing all threads maximum exposure, and the potential to be viewed by all when the New Posts are browsed. In addition, the edit option must be disabled after a couple of hours as it once was, to maintain the integrity of thread discussion.

Just a suggestion from my perspective.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It'd be even more beneficial to just relax and go with the flow

Or start your own board and do it the way you want....

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Good point NotClever. I should just stop whinging and be greatful that ATS exists.

new topics

top topics

join