It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard a new remake of Don Henley's 'Boys of Summer' and I asked God "WHY???"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It was horrible. It was a bunch of posers playing the guitar too fast and screaming out the lyrics. There was absolutely zero feeling in the lyrics. The original deserves to stand on it's own and not be ruined by talentless, unoriginal losers. I don't even know what the band's name was but I hope they rot. I'm sure Don Henley didn't sign off on this, but unfortunately it's not his call unless he owns all the rights, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Ataris - Boys of Summer ?

Thats the latest remake of the song I have heard which was released maybe two years ago. Makes me laugh these guys with mediocre talent but simply can not write a decent song on their own to come to their fame.

To these guys defense though, this song was not meant to be released and become a hit for them. A local radio DJ heard the song I believe and began playing it over the waves, and it just caught on.

Still a terrible remake of a classic

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Granted it didn't come close to the Henley version but the chord progression and melody is so strong it's a hard song to [profanity] up.

There are some lame covers out there, thats for damn sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It just shows how crappy american music is now.......nowadays no one makes any original GOOD music anymore.

remember when radio was GOD and new GOOD songs came out all the time....but now music is crap.......I wonder why this happened here in america ??

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Its not really a remake though, the Atari song, its a cover. Not like when Puff Daddy screwed up Kashmir, for example.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey

It just shows how crappy American music is now.......nowadays no one makes any original GOOD music anymore.

Now just wait a minute there Alpha G.......

As an American Musician I feel compelled to stand up for my fellow musicians that spill their guts [musically speaking] every weekend in beer joints, bars, BBQ shacks, roadhouses and bowling alleys across this great nation.

I agree most of the stuff on the Radio is drek, overproduced, soulless, disposable music with little or no artistic value. That mtv stuff is made for the demographic that has of yet to develop any taste.

Grab your dancin shoes and go out to places where working people go out on weekends to have a few drinks, dance and let their hair down and you will find a vibrant music scene of all genres from C&W to punk to avant Gard electronica.

With the advent of looping recording devices and cheap Chinese instruments; there are more musicians out there with real chops than I have ever seen in my middle aged life.

All I can say is...............

Support your local Musicians and become one yourself if your'e not already!!

We do about 50/50 covers and originals depending on the venue and how drunk the crowd is.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by whaaa]

top topics

join