It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People that still write checks at the store really piss me off!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Once I was behind this elderly gentleman at a self check-out.

He had trouble figuring out how to use the debit card scanner. Once he got that figured out he tried to use an ink pen to sign that screen! That's where I politely intervened and showed him the stylus that you have to use.

Then he wound up forgetting his wallet and a bag of groceries...a clerk ran them out to him.

I admit the whole time I was tempted to bang my head against the nearest wall....

Hey man give the guy a break, I'm sure he's so old that he can remember when they had to pay for stuff with gold coins.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think the only thing worse than writing a check in a grocery line is using a check card or credit card to pay for a low-priced item. When someone pulls out a credit card for a pack of bubble gum, I want to go postal! Especially when they have an older, slower credit card machine. And then you get one of those self-important douchebags who has to have a signature like one you'd find on the Declaration of Independence, and takes forever to pen the thing. Arghhhh... this thread has turned what should have been a relaxing night into a very angry one! Now I gotta go break something!!! :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Now I gotta go break something!!! :bnghd:

Careful, the sign over by the door reads:

"You break it, you buy it!"

But would you pay by check, CC or cash?

*laughs and runs away*

JDub

new topics

<< 1   >>

join