It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People that still write checks at the store really piss me off!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Newsflash-------they have these little credit card thingies called check cards now, they're available at almost every bank. On top of that they save the user and the people standing behind him or her in line loads of time.

I went to the liquor store to get a couple bottles of wine and it turned into the Bataan death march because this old hag had to write a freakin' check for her bottle of swill. Forget the fact that she wrote slower than shat and had to talk to the cashier about nonsense the whole time she was writing.

It's a new millenium people, let's all catch up.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh you mean those little "check cards" that require swiping 3-4 times before they register, and then sometimes the clerk has to push a button and then tell you to swipe it again...

Not to mention that some bank cards are not even accepted at all stores, and then, you have to maneuver the "pen" on a wire to sign your name on the cracked plastic part of the little credit card machine, only to then have to wait for the receipt to print out, or wait for the receipt to print out, have the clerk look for a pen, so you can sign your name on the receipt and hand one back to her..

yeah, I can see where those cards are faster... :shk::shk:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Thats when you crack the seal on the coldest bottle and take a good mouthful of the finest.

I went into the Liquor store the other day to find a Taste test. Taste test? What? This is just after I read the don't drink and drive banners everywhere.

Were just hoping they crack open a cold one once they get in the car I guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The old hag should get the microchip implant!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah...I had to write a check in the grocery store the other day for a pack of smokes and a 2 litre Coke because I left my debit card at home by mistake...and I gotta say I felt like a real tool. Im sittin there fumbling around trying to write the stupid thing and they have to swipe it six times of course, and there were people in line behind me looking at me like I just molested their cat or something. I can't blame em though because every time I get in line and some old broad breaks out the check book, hands shaking violently as she scribbles her mark, fumbling through twenty different coupons, I just want to pick them up by the arms and scream at them. Death by irritation may very well be possible, the only thing worse is the line at the DMV
ahhhhh the efficiency of a government run agency...wow.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have found that the DEBIT cards are much faster.

I don't write checks anymore.
And CASH...I try to keep some handy, just in case.
But have found that sales clerks have a real hard time making change these days.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Once I was behind this elderly gentleman at a self check-out.

He had trouble figuring out how to use the debit card scanner. Once he got that figured out he tried to use an ink pen to sign that screen! That's where I politely intervened and showed him the stylus that you have to use.

Then he wound up forgetting his wallet and a bag of groceries...a clerk ran them out to him.

I admit the whole time I was tempted to bang my head against the nearest wall....

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Once I was behind this elderly gentleman at a self check-out.

Then he wound up forgetting his wallet and a bag of groceries...a clerk ran them out to him.

I admit the whole time I was tempted to bang my head against the nearest wall....

Hey, that might have been my dad! He's a technophobe for sure.
An example..once he left a message on my answering machine,
it went like this:

"Tell (my name) to call his dad" !

He told my answering machine to tell me that he called...!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
A lot of businesses in my town aren't even accepting checks anymore.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I can't have a debit card until I switch banks. I just went bankrupt 2 years ago. I DO keep a checkbook and I find it easier to be more responsible with spending. But, anyways, to make a long story short:

I was at the convenience store writing a check for gas, etc. when some "tool" like you decided to comment out loud..."GREAT! I'm in a hurry and this idiot is writing a check!" I, living for this kind of moron, looked straight back at him and had the check I had just written, and I took my pen and made a big mark across it while saying "oops! I seem to have messed this check up!" I then proceeded to write another one out (I took my sweet time). He could only sit there and grumble while it took me even longer to finish the transaction.

The lesson here????

Don't be such an impatient weiny because you might get some a**hole like CREEWOLF in front of you in line who LOVES messing with people like you!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Hey, that might have been my dad! He's a technophobe for sure.
An example..once he left a message on my answering machine,
it went like this:

"Tell (my name) to call his dad" !

He told my answering machine to tell me that he called...!

I can top that. I got a voicemail on my cellphone one day from my father "(name) pick up! Are you there? Ok, call home and let us know when you'll be here."

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
I was at the convenience store writing a check for gas, etc. when some "tool" like you decided to comment out loud..."GREAT! I'm in a hurry and this idiot is writing a check!".....

.....Don't be such an impatient weiny because you might get some a**hole like CREEWOLF in front of you in line who LOVES messing with people like you!

Believe me, I would have come up with something much more witty than what that guy said.

I think stores should come up with a "let's get with it already" charge for people who write checks. Maybe $5.00 per check.

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is where my husband would have said" For Christs sakes, use your card, you're holding up the line...While i (the peace maker) would have kicked his chins.

Happens all the time.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I use my debit card 99.9% of the time…

But when you’re tight on the money, a paycheck is right around the corner, but you really need something ASAP….eh he….Well – Let’s just say there’s a certain advantage to the old-fashioned method of funds taking several days to clear your account

Ya ya – I know – Give an inch, take a mile

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Something that I didn't see anyone mention yet about using a check is that, if I know that I am going to write a check, I fill out the "to" line, date the check and sign it so that I only have to fill in the amount on the check and present it to the cashier. That saves time for those behind me in line.

Like an above poster remarked, I use my debit card 99% of the time. I have trouble using my hands and I don't want to slow the line down with them waiting for me to write out my check.

As my wife will attest, I am not the most patient person waiting in line. It kills me to watch the person in front of me in the cashier line wait for 5 minutes or more for the first person in line get their stuff checked, then when it is the their turn, they have not gotten their coupons out or their cash out or their checkbook. Instead of being pro-active about it, they stand there mindlessly.

JDub

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sometimes I'll use a check just to use the suckers up! But I try to have it filled out except for the amount by the time it's my turn.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Debit cards... *gulp!* Are you looking forward to get your bank account emptied?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Does cash exist in the US? If this thread is anything to go by, it obviously doesn't!, it's probably where all the salad cream and drawing pins are. Oh, I crack me up!

Anyways, this thread made my mediocre day that little bit better!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just remember, there but for 30-40 years go I. It's true.
Somewhere years ago I read that instead of getting mad/impatient at a red light, check writer in line, etc., say a prayer. Well, I started out as an atheist and now I'm studying theology.
Anyway, my best friend and her husband (whose ages total over 100 years) were forced to get a bank card last year by their bank. They tried to refuse it, but the bank said they couldn't. I'll have to ask her if she still writes checks. Those two hate computers. We invited them over one night so they could order something online, and it was actually painful to watch them peck on the keyboard and not know what to do. I called them the Amish of technology.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
How about an Amish laptop computer for those guys?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join