It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Begins Sequal???(Official BTS “Dark Knight” Thread.)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It would be good move to introduce Dent in this movie and have him become Two Face in the 3rd movie. This would really flesh out the character and they could even make it more personal to Wayne/Batman.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing, Umbrax. I would absolutely love to see Harvey Dent in the sequel.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't know whether to be happy or upset about this casting choice. I just hope he pulls it off well.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have faith in Christopher Nolan.
I think he choose Heath instead of a “Jim Carrey” type because of the “realistic” tone he set in Batman begins. The Joker is an over the top character and I think Nolan feels that the Joker needs to be brought down to earth to “fit” into this movie.
I think Ledger’s Joker will be a lot darker than how Jack Nicholson played the character. More evil, more intelligent.

Now for the next big question. Will they be using prosthetics on Ledger’s face?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think Heath Ledger is an excellent choice. I can actually see him being the Joker.....in the face. I'm sure this Joker will be a lot darker than Nicholson's.

Can't wait!

Peace

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
At first I wasn't sure weither or not he'd be a good Joker. Now that I think about it more I too think he's a good choice to play the Joker.

As to who is playing Harvey Dent. It's not known yet who's going to be playing him. But a few people have been rumored like LievSchrieber, Jake Gyllenhall, and Josh Lucas. Even Jude Law who was also a rumored to play Joker.

-tts

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 1-8-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yes the joker will be there but before he was tranformed into the charmer we know today.
they will play out the whole joker origin in the story for the first 30-40 minutes then the joker we know and love will be born by batman's hand. remember this is why he is so obsessed with him.
through all of this harve dent will be trying to catch him, joker sets a trap to kill batman but dent shows up first and gets turned into two face just then batman arrives and the joker gets away as he rushes harvey to the hospital.
the tumbler will be destroyed so we can get something closer to the batmobile.
well there you go

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
As to who is playing Harvey Dent. It's not known yet who's going to be playing him. But a few people have been rumored like LievSchrieber, Jake Gyllenhall, and Josh Lucas. Even Jude Law who was also a rumored to play Joker.

Geez it seems they are really trying to make this cast attractive to the female audience

Originally posted by razor1000
Yes the joker will be there but before he was tranformed into the charmer we know today.

At the end of Batman Begins they establish that the Joker is already out there. I suppose it is possible that he isn’t white faced and green haired yet though.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think the official name for the movie is quite cool.. "The Dark Knight".. It sooo screams old style comics..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

they will play out the whole joker origin in the story for the first 30-40 minutes then the joker we know and love will be born by batman's hand.

I'm not too sure Nolan will show that because he said that this Batman trilogy is just that... a Batman trilogy... as in, the films are focused on Batman/Bruce Wayne, the villains are just used to bring out more of Batman/Bruce's character.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Batman Sequel Title & Casting Confirmed!

is this old news here???

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

is this old news here???

Yes,
See third post from the top of this thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Yes,
See third post from the top of this thread.

i thought so...

i'll beat you to it next time umbrax

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88

they will play out the whole joker origin in the story for the first 30-40 minutes then the joker we know and love will be born by batman's hand.

I'm not too sure Nolan will show that because he said that this Batman trilogy is just that... a Batman trilogy... as in, the films are focused on Batman/Bruce Wayne, the villains are just used to bring out more of Batman/Bruce's character.

oh yes thats true i forgot about that. but you can't just have a normal guy be the joker he has to go through a tranformation, someone like the penguin already exists because he was born deformed. i remember the joker saying you made me what i am to batman many times to list.
By the way i think the best joker i've seen is the one voiced by mark hamil(luke the schwartz is with you)

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
In the comics, before he was “The Joker” he was an engineer who quit his job at a chemical company to become a stand-up comedian. Things didn’t work out for him as a comedian and he was now in financial trouble. Trying to support his pregnant wife, he guides two criminals into the chemical plant he used to work at.
Inside, he is confronted by Batman and then panics falling into a vat of toxic waste.

Anyone excited to have to Joker in the next Batman movie should check out “The Killing Joke.” Likely Nolean will use this book as a template on how the Joker "should be."

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If Nolan uses the "killing joke" for his joker then thats a good first step in making a great second movie IMHO.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
In the comics, before he was “The Joker” he was an engineer who quit his job at a chemical company to become a stand-up comedian. Things didn’t work out for him as a comedian and he was now in financial trouble. Trying to support his pregnant wife, he guides two criminals into the chemical plant he used to work at.
Inside, he is confronted by Batman and then panics falling into a vat of toxic waste.

Anyone excited to have to Joker in the next Batman movie should check out “The Killing Joke.” Likely Nolean will use this book as a template on how the Joker "should be."

yes i am aware of that however the moder version of the joker makes more sense in my opinion

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I just love that title," Bale told FilmFocus, "You know, nothing's written in stone yet, but I like, very much, that it doesn't have 'Batman' written in the title. This take on Batman of mine and Chris' is very different from any of the others and everything else always had Batman in the title. I think this is kind-of distancing it even further and saying, 'Hey, this is a whole different creature from what has come before.'"
FilmFocus

This movie is going to rock

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I think Heath Ledger is an excellent choice. I can actually see him being the Joker.....in the face. I'm sure this Joker will be a lot darker than Nicholson's.

Can't wait!

Peace

How much darker can you possibly get? Trying to gas a parade crowd not dark enough for ya?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join