It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Begins Sequal???(Official BTS “Dark Knight” Thread.)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I could have sworn badman begins was just a prequal to the original batman movie...well I did like Begins, it was very well done!

Warner Bros. restarted the franchise because Joel Schumacher made such a mess of the previous two Batman films.
Good call in my book.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Whoever thought this was a prequal have not been taking any notice. In Batman it was the JOKER who killed his parents but not in Batman Begins. The Joker should be "REDONE" because he is as important to Batman as the Dark Knight himself. Christpher Nolan seems to have a good mind for it and could make Joker more twisted than Jack Nicholson could have ever been. A new villain could be completely new like the Scarecrow Or put the joker with the penguin or something. But he should definatly have more than 1 villain.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Batman and Batman Returns were best of old ones [Michael Keaton RULED] BUT Begins tops them both[Christian Bale The American Psycho is Perfect as Batman]. Forever and Batman and Robin killed the spirit of Batman.Val Kilmer and George Clooney were rediculous. I dont think u could have a Robin without making it as camp as the others.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I disagree totally. Ofcourse you can have Robin in it without making it camp, but I'd like to see this trilogy with just Batman on his own.

No point in having two villains either, as this Batman trilogy is based around Batman and nobody else. Then again, I think two-face would work better with another villain, rather on his own. But I haven't really read the comics so I don't know much about him.

I can't wait to see this! Batman rules all!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well i disagree with you i think you are forgetting firstly how robin made those 2 last batman films so bad.secondly ther were 2 villains in batman begins. So we can have no robin and 2 or more villains in begins sequal and it will be good as long as christopher nolan directs becaause he seems to know what batman is about in the sense of dark an deviousness!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I totally forgot about two villains in Begins, my bad. Yeah, I agree with you that Nolan should direct the sequel, which I'm pretty sure he will do. He has a very good image of what he wants the Batman franchise to be about, and so far, in my opinion, he's doing a damn good job.

Well, it seems almost certain that Joker will be in the sequel, so which villain do you think he will be paired with?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The only reason that having two villians worked in this one was because of the secretive nature of the League of Shadows and Raj al Ghoul. It would be difficult to do the same in another one, and it'd be silly too, allways having batman fight some 'front' bad guy and then a 'super secret evil bad guy'.

Heck, he doesn't even need to fight some costumed villian. If I recall correctly, from what I have read, he didn't even fighted caped supervillians in the early comics. He was more the 'Darknight Detective' than a superhero, a sort of insane Sherlock Holmes. al-Ghoul can serve as his Moriarti, no need to allways have him fight a dude in a costume.

Also notice how they were able to 'sensibly' explain the only two costumes, that of batman (its a battle suit with a twist) and the scarecrow (its part of the psychological operation). At the end of Batman Begins, they say that other crazies had taken up his cue and started wearing costumes, but that's just going to result in sillieness. Even in the first batman movie, the joker looked like he did, not because of a desire to wear a costume.

Anyway, I just want to re-iterate that Nicholson did far too good a job as the Joker to make it worthwhile for anyone else to even attempt it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Nygan brings up a very good point. I loved how they made everything more "real"; the costumes, batcave, etc.

I agree Jack Nicholson did a damn good job of the Joker, but I would still like to see this sequal with the Joker.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This site here has some actors who are rumored to play Joker int the Batman Begins sequal.

Cast Notes: (4/24/06) The big question mark right now is which actor will be recruited to costar as the Joker. The lengthy list of actors among those currently rumored to be considered are Paul Bettany, Adrien Brody, Johnny Depp, Lachy Hulme, Hugh Jackman, Jude Law, Guy Pearce, Sean Penn and Hugo Weaving.

It was also rumored the Michael Keaton might be playing the part of the Joker. But there just rumors as to who'll play the part.

-tts

[edit on 14-6-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just don't see anyone doing a better job than Nicholson did as the Joker. I really can't see anyone on that list pulling it off. Maybe Depp but that's it. Jude Law???

Christian Bale was brilliant as Batman.

Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think Micheal Keaton could make a good joker. This is because he was beetlejuice if u remeber that film and he just dosnt seem like himself at all but i dont think it would be Micheal Keaton who plays Joker but we'll see!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I totally forgot about two villains in Begins, my bad. Yeah, I agree with you that Nolan should direct the sequel, which I'm pretty sure he will do. He has a very good image of what he wants the Batman franchise to be about, and so far, in my opinion, he's doing a damn good job.

Well, it seems almost certain that Joker will be in the sequel, so which villain do you think he will be paired with?
I cant say who i think he would be paired with all im saying is that he could have more than just the joker and maybe 2 villians are on opposite sides, they battle eachother as well as the batman That would be interesting. but i do think he shouldnt bring ne used villains i.e 2 face, penguin, catwoman, freeze or poison ivy.I think he has the right to make som1 up seeing as he made begins as good as it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
LatinoReview.com claims that they have a big exclusive Scoop Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Exclusive Scoop: We Know Who The Joker Is! HA HA

We were first to tell the world that Brandon Routh was going to be the new Superman. Now here we are at it again as we just got word from A VERY TRUSTED SOURCE that the offer last night was officially made to Heath Ledger to star as The Joker in the Batman Begins Sequel!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What's you opinion on that, Umbrax? I haven't seen much of his work, so I can't really comment.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think Heath Ledger has shown that he can play a wide variety of characters. But the role of the Joker will be completely different form anything he has played before.
To be honest I can’t picture him as the Joker at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
How would that work? Joker has been done already! You can't do it... Unless you completely ignore the other Batman movies as if they were never done, which would be hard for most people to do who saw the first one/s. Why not someone new! I liked the Scarecrow, he was new, not a redone villian, and they should do that again. Of course, who's left?

The whole point of these new Batman movies, were exactly that. To erase the stupid mistakes of the past, those blights on the legacy that is Batman.
Until Batman Begins, every single movie was, except for very minor instances, totally inaccurate (and I challenge anyone to dispute that!).
The whole point of Batman, was to not kill people!, yet, in all of those trash movies, he kills almost every villian and tons and tons of gang members (stupid!)

And in all seriousness, Jack Nicholson sucked as the Joker!
Yeah, that's right, you heard me!
First, physically, the Joker is tall, skinny and lanky (nicholson is short and fat).
Second, what the hell was with that permanent frozen smile?
That was totally made up for the movie, you can plainly see in the comics that Joker frowns and whimpers and even cries at times, NO FROZEN SMILE!
Also, Joker runs around and jumps and is very physically agile, Nicholson was not!
Okay, that being said...

Of course, Ras el-Gul will be back.
He is (at least to some extent) immortal; and yes, I agree that Talia should be introduced as well.
Joker should definitely come into the picture because he is Bats #1 enemy (besides Gul) and should be portrayed as the psychotic/sociopath from comics like Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum (those of you who read specifically those two will understand just how dangerous Joker really is).
Speaking of Joker, somewhere in one of the comics, two criminals are talking and one of them says something like "Y'know how such and such (super villians) scare each other? They tell Joker stories..."
There is also still much to be done with Scarecrow, he is a very complex character.

GSA

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Heath Leger???? NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
I canot stand him!! at all!!

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wu Kung I completely agree about jack the joker although he was better than the tv series joker and he did have a good look of joker he didnt have the energy.If Jim Carrey didn't do riddler I think he could make a good joker. As for Heath Ledger i dont think he will pull it off hes too serious in most roles and also dosent fit the tall skinny agile look of joker and I'm in 2 minds about believing it at all. I never read many comics so i dont really know al guls story but didnt he get completely knocked out at the start of the movie and he would have died if bruce didnt save him and then he died at end of movie I dont think he will be back but i'm no 1.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
UNRELATED!!!!!! But i never new christopher Nolan directed memento that was an awsome film and should be watched by all who havent seen it, now now now now now now.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've read that they may also be having Harvey Dent in the sequal as well.

www.batman-on-film.com...

Rumor has The Joker being the central villian and District Attorney Harvey Dent having a featured role (He's yet to become the villain "Two face" in this one).

Actors that have been mentioned to be in the hunt for the role of D.A. Harvey Dent - who eventually becomes "Two Face" - are Liev Schrieber and Jake Gyllenhaal.

It also says on www.imdb.com that Harvey Dent will be in the next movie.

Batman, Lt. Jim Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent team up in an effort to stop the villainous Joker, a theatrical serial killer who lives for the sole purpose of causing harm to the citizens of Gotham, as well as The Dark knight. At the same time, Batman begins to uncover more of the corruption that is plaguing Gotham City, with the arrival of crime boss Salvatore Maroni.

-tts

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join