It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell IS Real !!! This Guy Went There!!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Lev 19:18Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mar 12:31And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Luk 10:27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

These all sound pretty darn close to the essential lessons of karma to me.

Actually the absolute love of God is spot on with Bahkti Yoga

Another fun little article
www.stephen-knapp.com...

Jesus taught that everyone should love God with their whole heart and mind, which is the quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. That is the greatest commandment. It comes first. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the Law and the prophets hangs on these two commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the processes of bhakti and karma-yoga.

What of Jnana-Yoga? Or Raja-Yoga? What are their differences to Christianity? Maybe during Jesus’s 40 days in the desert he was practicing Raja-Yoga.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Lev 19:18Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mar 12:31And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Luk 10:27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

These all sound pretty darn close to the essential lessons of karma to me.

Actually the absolute love of God is spot on with Bahkti Yoga

Another fun little article
www.stephen-knapp.com...

Jesus taught that everyone should love God with their whole heart and mind, which is the quintessence of bhakti-yoga. Bhakti means devotion and surrender to God. As stated in Matthew (22.36-40): “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? He answered, Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. That is the greatest commandment. It comes first. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. Everything in the Law and the prophets hangs on these two commandments.” These two rules are the heart of the processes of bhakti and karma-yoga.

What of Jnana-Yoga? Or Raja-Yoga? What are their differences to Christianity? Maybe during Jesus’s 40 days in the desert he was practicing Raja-Yoga.

Yes, there are some areas that have similar ideas....
BUT,

Jesus said the only way to enter into God's kingdom (Heaven) is through him.
.... However, In the Bhagavad-Gita Krishna teaches that God does not try to draw everyone to Godself but acknowledges that many pathways lead to God.

This is completely different than what Jesus said.

As far as Jesus in the desert, I doubt he would practice something from a "religion" that was in contradiction to what he was telling us.

Also, Jesus never taught reincarnation.
But the hindu belief is that people are bound to the wheel of reincarnation until they reach "perfection".

God knows we are not perfect, nor can we be while we're alive.
That is why he came in the person of Jesus. So that he could pay the debt of sin for ALL mankind who believes, & they might enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say you can get to Heaven any other way, than through Jesus Christ.

So, even though the "be nice to others" message is similar, the big picture is completely different.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marko1970
.... However, In the Bhagavad-Gita Krishna teaches that God does not try to draw everyone to Godself but acknowledges that many pathways lead to God.

He says that one can reach heaven through him. Couldn't this mean through his teachings of love, and honor for your fellow man, and God? If no one else is teaching this, then through his teachings you'll get in.

Since we're basing the information on what people said Jesus said, it is likely they could have mistook what his actual teachings were.

As far as Jesus in the desert, I doubt he would practice something from a "religion" that was in contradiction to what he was telling us.

There is no contradiction in what Raja-Yoga teaches and what Jesus told us. If there are, please point them out.

But the hindu belief is that people are bound to the wheel of reincarnation until they reach "perfection".

Correct. Jesus aught how to become one with God and enter his Kingdom. If you can learn how to do this, there is no need to continue reincarnation. Jesus was teaching a means to end the cycle of reincarnation, just as Krisha did.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say you can get to Heaven any other way, than through Jesus Christ.

Or through the correct interpretations of his teachings, which I believe the NT falls short on.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marko1970

He says that one can reach heaven through him. Couldn't this mean through his teachings of love, and honor for your fellow man, and God? If no one else is teaching this, then through his teachings you'll get in.

Since we're basing the information on what people said Jesus said, it is likely they could have mistook what his actual teachings were.

There is no contradiction in what Raja-Yoga teaches and what Jesus told us. If there are, please point them out.

Correct. Jesus aught how to become one with God and enter his Kingdom. If you can learn how to do this, there is no need to continue reincarnation. Jesus was teaching a means to end the cycle of reincarnation, just as Krisha did.

Or through the correct interpretations of his teachings, which I believe the NT falls short on.

No, I doubt they apostles misunderstood him. jesus made it very clear what he was saying. & if they DID have any confusion, they were there to ask him what exactly he meant.

Again, Jesus never taught reincarnation..... meaning he never mentioned it was a valid point. If reincarnation was an option, or an alternative, he would have said that he is the way to avoid reincarnation.
What he said was, he was the messiah. He came to fulfill the promise of God, in order for men to reach Heaven, instead of Hell.

Concerning Raja-Yoga......
Jesus never taught anything about meditating to acheive balance, or to rid negative energy.
He never said to look withing one's self find truth, or harmony with the universe.
Nor did he say to meditate in order to find God, or acheive a "god conciousness", or to energize chakras.......

If Raja-Yoga is part of the Hindu/Krishna teachings & beliefs, it would have no part of what Christ taught, or practiced.
The Krishna teachings contradict what Jesus said, by stating there are many paths to heaven.

So there are the main contradictions.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Point made, and accepted. If only more Christians could verse themselves in some of the other worldly religions before settling on Christ as the final answer.

I would recommend learning more about different religions though. I find it extremely interesting and, as a spiritual person myself, fairly enlightening when attempting to understand where someone is coming from. Often you can find origins to origins, and fun stories to boot.

You have voted marko1970 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Good convo

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Point made, and accepted. If only more Christians could verse themselves in some of the other worldly religions before settling on Christ as the final answer.

I would recommend learning more about different religions though. I find it extremely interesting and, as a spiritual person myself, fairly enlightening when attempting to understand where someone is coming from. Often you can find origins to origins, and fun stories to boot.

You have voted marko1970 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Good convo

Hey man!,

I was JUST thinking the same thing this evening about our discussion!
It's been very thorough, & informative for sure!

We started out a little defensive, & throwing jabs here & there, but I felt like we started to understand each other better, & gained more respect for each other's opinions as we progressed.

Thanks by the way, for the vote! That was pretty cool.

I didn't deliberately set out to learn about other religions, it was more like I fell into the information.
I grew up as a Christian, & as I got older & made more decidions on my own, I looked into "other" areas to see if maybe there was something more.....
... & some of it sounded cool & exciting.
But all in all, I was unfulfilled, & then started to notice things that didn't make sense.
So when I was at a REALLY LOW point in my life, I asked God what I did that was so horrible to deserve this kind of punishment.... & I told him I couldn't take anymore, & wanted him to either take me out of my life, or help me, & make things start going better so that I could handle them.
...and wouldn't you know it, within 2-3 days there was a DRASTIC change & it was like I woke up from a bad dream!
(honestly!)

So that's when I realized I knew the truth all along, but had forgotten it.

(That's the quick version of my own personal story)

I agree that people need to know what other religions are all about. (for ME it helps affirm my own faith) But for some people, they might need a stepping stone of some sort. (does that make sense?)

I can tell you one thing..... If you really want the truth, & you start seriously looking for it, .... it will come to you. Just open your heart, your ears, & your eyes.

I researched a LOT of spirituality over the last 12 years or so. & since I've had Out of Body Experiences since I was 4-5 years old, I wanted to know more about them.
What 1st made me doubt Christianity was a guest preacher when I was about 8-9 yrs old. He mentioned "Astral Travel" being the work of Satan.
Now, I had NEVER heard that term before, but somehow knew what it meant, & at the same time I felt like he was wrong.

So years later here I am, still having OBEs occasionally, & have read in the Bible that John also talked about being out of the body.
(so the preacher WAS wrong!)

That's the biggest problem with churches..... There are many of them that don't teach the truth. But the ones that DO, can change your life when you hear the true word of God!

Again, I have to say it's been a fantastic discussion the past week or so!
I also have to commend you on your great questions & points!

I'm sure we'll have many more down the road! (except next time, I'll already have quite a bit more respect for your opinions if I happen to disagree with you)
LOL!!!

Take care & God Bless!
)

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You may say that you dont believe now but one second after your heart stops pumping blood your eyes are going to come open (your spiritual eyes that is), And then it will be too late. I wonder how many people on this thread actually have listened to the whole cd from bill wiese and really contemplated the possibility that mayby he's telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
You may say that you dont believe now but one second after your heart stops pumping blood your eyes are going to come open (your spiritual eyes that is), And then it will be too late. I wonder how many people on this thread actually have listened to the whole cd from bill wiese and really contemplated the possibility that mayby he's telling the truth.

Have you watched the video of his talk?
I think the CD was made from the same speaking, but it's more interesting to see his expressions while he describes his experience.

The thing for me was, whether or not he had the experience, the Bible tells us Hell is real. So That's all I need.
But to take into consideration just how bad it really is, or will be, was something I hadn't thought about before.

He knows people will make fun of him, but he feels the need to share anyway. And he's NOT the 1st person to have a vision of Hell either.

I had a great time on this thread.
Woohoo!!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Actually no, I have not seen the video I dont know why i never really thought to look, but now that you mension it i will go and check it out later. thanks, also the (where are you going) I think is the name of it is very good it has some other people who have died and gone to hell, and some that have been to heaven, I think it's the one with a life presever on the front (audio only) check it out

[edit on 26-7-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
During the video, he seems to be adding more gruesome "details" depending on the crowds reaction...
Personally, I don't believe him...nor in Hell

And judging from who he's telling his story to, he it seems he is just trying to scare people into being better Christians

[edit on 7/29/2006 by soul_failure]

[edit on 7/29/2006 by soul_failure]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....very interesting, but I think we should save the make believe for the kids, shall we? I dont believe in hell or God not that im saying it because im depressed and # like, Screw the world depressed, or wutever, but....how can that be?? Its really really really WIERD, how can you believe that theres some guy looking down at you , watching you, and from where?? And how??? I bet the bible was just written by a couple of drunk, bored, and stupid, monks( or wutever) a long long time ago, its stupid, the only reason why they wrote it was because it was all just a JOKE!!!!! Nothing more than that, and the devil??? Hes nothing but a character in that book of lies.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He is the modern John Tetzel

I don't believe him because a loving father would never force someone into hell not knowing what they did. He would just show you without hurting you.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
He is the modern John Tetzel

I don't believe him because a loving father would never force someone into hell not knowing what they did. He would just show you without hurting you.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by wildcat]

Who is John Tetzel?? never heard of him, anyway the loving father has told you, but sadly you dont believe.........It's all in the best selling book of all time. THE HOLY BIBLE.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OMG! I was in a car crash and I found myself in Hell/Fiddler's Green/Davy Jone's Locker!OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously he seems more like the fake psychics on T.V, changing his 'experience' to suit the audience's reactions.

Personally I fail to see why a 'loving' God would want to create Hell.
And, with every retelling of Hell's infinite torments, I'm beginning to see 'God' as more of a spiteful, borderline-sociopathic being than anything 'godly'.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
He may seem like that Chaoticar, but have you asked yourself "what if this is the truth?" What if he's right. At the end of my life I will have believed with all that is within me in JESUS the son of the living god and if I'm wrong and hell was not real I've still lived a good life and loved much. I will have lost nothing.

But what if at the end of it all, hell was real and I chose not to believe, I have lost EVERYTHING, for a few fleeting years of having it my way here on earth.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
John Tetzel was this dude who was hired by the pope to sell indulgences in the 1500s. He would scream and yell to scare people about hell. He gave speeches to anyone who would come about sins and hell.

He was very influential-

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

He may seem like that Chaoticar, but have you asked yourself "what if this is the truth?" What if he's right. At the end of my life I will have believed with all that is within me in JESUS the son of the living god and if I'm wrong and hell was not real I've still lived a good life and loved much. I will have lost nothing.

But what if at the end of it all, hell was real and I chose not to believe, I have lost EVERYTHING, for a few fleeting years of having it my way here on earth.

that's a reason to believe... but it doesn't make someone believe. it's more like an argument to attempt to trick the deity into thinking you believe.

what's the deal with your deity favoring unquestioning obedience out of fear over earnest and sincere disbelief through reason and logic?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hell is not real, its stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
HEY HOW ARE YOU? LOOK HELL IS TOTALY REAL..I HAVE MANY FRIEND THAT HAVE HAD AFTER DEATH EXPERIENCE AND THEY SAY THAT THEY WENT THROUGH THE MENTIONED TUNNEL .. A VERY DARK TUNNEL.. AND SO ON BUT YOU BETTER LISTEN TO THIS http//www.freecdtracts.com/audio/Soundsofhell.mp3

ALSO, www.freecdtracts.com...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

according to this guy hell is approximatly 3700 miles straight down.....according to bill wiese it's in the center of the earth and he's been there ...

i've listened to the CD/mp3 the title is (23 minutes in hell).... i dont think he could have been there much more than 23 min. by the description of this place...his story is very scary here's the link........

www.freecdtracts.com...

And you believe this person because... ?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join