It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brokeback Mountain - (Spoiler) - Don't Read until You See the Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ok so I watched this movie last night with my girlfriend and thought it was an above average movie. I didn't see what all the talk was about it. I thought it was going to be the greatest movie of all time. I deffinately agree Crash was more deserving of taking home the Oscar for Best Picture.

It was a well done movie Ang Lee was well deserving of his Best Director award. But overall it didn't amaze me to any extent like Crash did.

Spoiler!

If you have not seen the movie please stop reading as I really don't want to ruin the movie on you, I do wish to ask a question that some others who have seen the movie may beable to answer.

---

--

--

--

--

Gyleenhaal's charachter in the movie who dies at the end, it shows a quick flash of him being beaten by a few guys. What are we supposed to believe happened? From the actions of his wife on the phone here is what I thought, she assumed he might of been gay from the rumours she heard, so the new guy he met tested him to see if he was or not. When he seen that he actually was gay his in-laws found out and had him rubbed out. Did anybody else think this or was it more of a random beating? The wife was alittle to calm for me on the phone so she deffinately had to be involved.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Damn.........I read the spoiler! Now I guess seeing the movie will do me no good. Damn I'm pissed!!!

Chiss, sounds based on what you wrote that your assumption might be the logical one.

Now I'm going to go home and spoil it for my g/f so we don't have to rent the DVD.
She'll be pissed but it will save me from a couple hours of torture. That's alright, we can watch JFK for the gazillionth time instead.

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Glad I could be of service.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I wanna see that movie

top topics

join