It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kenya Prominent Politicians Killed In Plane Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A plane crashed in Kenya in "bad weather". 14 people were killed, among them were some prominent politicians. There were four survivors.

BBC: Air crash kills Kenya politicians

10 April 2006

A Kenyan aircraft carrying prominent politicians and tribal elders has crashed in the north of the country. Two assistant ministers and the deputy leader of the main opposition were among 14 people killed when the plane crashed into a hill in bad weather.

Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki has expressed "shock and disbelief" at the disaster. Two assistant ministers from his administration, Mirugi Kariuki and Titus Ngoyoni, are among the dead. Bonaya Godana, the deputy leader of Kenya's main opposition party, Kanu, also died.

Fourteen people have been burned beyond recognition," a Red Cross official at the scene of the crash said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The cause of the crash is not yet known. Whenever a plane crashes with prominent people on board I think it's suspicious.

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just a tad suspicious, yes.

www.nationmedia.com...

Slaughtered imo.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by The Links]

Mod Edit: Plagiarized Content Deleted. Please Review Link:
Posting Work Written by Others

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

Please do not post information from other sources without proper use of External Source tags.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I had allready posted this in another thread i had made not knowing this thread existed. I was not trying to claim it as my own work.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry if it looked that way.

www.nationmedia.com...
One of those you must register to see anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Kenyan politicians were on their way to a peace conference. The area where the plane crashed is very unstable, and the clan fighters there are said to have sophisticated weapons.

BBC: Week in pictures: 8-14 April

Salvage work in northern Kenya continues after a military jet carrying 14 people, including prominent politicians on their way to a peace conference, crashed into a hill on Monday.

Two South African cargo planes have been shot down by surface-to-air missiles in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Or at least one of the planes were shot down by a surface-to-air missile, the other plane is missing. There is a full-scale war in the eastern part of DRC.

I suspect that the Kenyan plane might have been shot down as well. Does anyone know if the survivors of the Kenyan crash said anything about what happened?

Related links:
IOL: SA pilots 'shot down' (April 29 2006)
IOL: Second SA plane missing in the DRC (April 29 2006)
Kenya boosts security at Ethiopian border (April 17 2006)

new topics

top topics

join