It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Screen -- How to get rid of?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm sick of starting my comp, letting it go, and coming back in half a minute to click the only user account icon there is, just so the comp loads my account.

Is there any way to just skip this welcome screen, so when I turn the comp on, I can go away and come back and hop onto ATS right away?

You can turn the welcome screen off, but then it is just replaced with a password prompter.

Help would be appreciated!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Whats happening here is your computer is logging you off after your system is idle for so long.

Start -- Control Panel -- Power Options

Look in here you should find the answer to your problems

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Start, Run, type: control userpasswords2
hit enter

at the screen. Highlight the user name that you want to log in automatically and uncheck where it says require password to log in, click apply and a box will come up with username and password fields keep the new password field blank and click OK...poof no more welcome screen.

Pie

[edit on 10-4-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hes not talking about the Welcome Screen on the boot up process. What will happen with those steps is your going to limit yourself to one user and then still experience the same problem.

This one user will continously log itself off after the system is idle for however many of minutes.

The settings of each user account needs to be adjusted.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh no, sorry chissler, I am. I'm talking about the boot up welcome screen, and how it always interups the boot-up process, making me have to click my icon. I'll just restart now and see if your instructions work, piey

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah ok. Just remove your user profiles then.

Start -- Control Panel -- User Accounts

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey, thanks pieman, that worked great. Now I turn on my comp and I can use it as soon as its finished loading, without having to click my user icon.

chissler, ta anyway, and I like your avatar. Haven't even seen the movie yet. It's not out here. Grr . . .

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Hey, thanks pieman, that worked great. Now I turn on my comp and I can use it as soon as its finished loading, without having to click my user icon.

chissler, ta anyway, and I like your avatar. Haven't even seen the movie yet. It's not out here. Grr . . .

No problem. Anytime. It could be that if you installed a windows update it made an ASP user account and forced the welcome screen on. If at anytime you need to add another user just go back to that control userpasswords2 and put a check back on to require username and password.

Pie

top topics

join