It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Monkeys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I come from England and this band has made a huge impact in the time they have been around. They didnt really set out to be this big but they sell out everywhere with crowds of screaming fans singing back there lyrics to un released songs. There two songs that have been released (i bet you look good on the dancefloor and When the sun goes down) both went to number 1.

I know they have been to America (still there if im right?) and made quite an impact, what do you lot think of them?

Personaly i love em and are one of my new favourite bands. Now for your opinions!

(o yeh and there Album broke the record for fastest selling album ever in the UK)

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think they are a bit overrated based on the hype they got.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm British, a musician, and 46 and the AM album is the first rock album I've bought in years. They absolutely rock and I can't even believe I'm writing a post like this.... proper songs, they can actually play and everything. I saw them on Jools Holland's Later and they WIPED THE FLOOR with everyone else. I loved it.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I too have recently purchased the Artics' album, I think it's a great album, good songs on there and I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any "fillers" on there which is always good.

I heard that they didn't go down to well in America? Apparently when they was playing live they was slightly out of tune with each other? But come on these guys are still quite young, the've got plenty of time to get better!!!

Good luck to 'em!!!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's the energy that counts. I've been watching the Led Zeppelin DVD recently, and technically, you could easily pick holes in it, but that's what makes it great: it was right on the edge of falling apart.

Last night I was watching Top Of The Pops with another musician friend and the Chilli Peppers were on there. I was really getting into it but he didn't like it because their time was a bit poor. But I actually liked that. For example, when they went from the intro into the main riff of 'Give it Away' they slowed down quite noticeably: but they all did it together, and that was what made it cool. Similarly, if (as so often happens in bands) the drummer got carried away during a drum fill and sped up, everyone heard it and adjusted accordingly. It's things like that that distinguish music played live from machine-generated pap.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
It's the energy that counts. I've been watching the Led Zeppelin DVD recently, and technically, you could easily pick holes in it, but that's what makes it great: it was right on the edge of falling apart.

I agree! It is the raw energy, passion and magnetism of these bands that counts. Groups like The Who and The Clash are just a few examples that have mesmerised during live performances. Give me that any day over a smooth, flawless recording.

I'm going to see the Monkeys play at Reading - can't wait.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by nikelbee]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think they are amazing...

I heard them ages ago but then their songs hit the charts and they became famous in minutes.

Oni x x

top topics

join