It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 90 US Cities Targeted for Massive Immigrant Protests

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
grover I empathize with you more than it appears from my posts, and I know that other business owners (auto shops etc) are in teh same boat. I see where you are coming from. Also, I didn't want to make you look like a slave driver.

I just don't think that attracting immigrants is the right recipe, and less so with illegals. I'm sure that if was up to you, you would have a boat full Cambodians coming over who would work even harder and for less pay than Mexicans. Fixing America is hard, but you just don't paint over the rust with new coat of paint.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I'm sure that if was up to you, you would have a boat full Cambodians coming over who would work even harder and for less pay than Mexicans.

Go to *heck* . I said that I pay our people about $2 above the local average...and I know with the immigrents I could get away with paying $2 less but I don't (with my bosses approval) because it means we get good people and good people who stay...and that is worth paying more, treat someone right and the chances are they will respond in kind. It is not my fault that when we advertize for help in the spring and highlighting the fact that we pay above average wages, we still can't get any locals to apply. And you know why? Its still not what the jobs that moved to china were paying, no union, no benefits. Trouble is those jobs aren't here anymore and won't be in the future either unless people and I mean people like you stop *complaining* about the immigrents and start going after the real source of all this mess, companies that don't want to pay anything and who ship jobs overseas. We Americans are going to end up on the short end of the stick if it doesn't stop, and it is not immigrents who are to fault, talking our jobs cause face it bub our jobs are being outsourced to India which is why all of a sudden the peon jobs matter.

Mod Edit:

[edit on 4/11/06 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Allllllllllrighty Then

This is no doubt a hot topic. Please refrain from personal attacks and if you find yourself unable to do so, take a break and come back and reply later

Thanks
Fred

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ya know it really tics me off when some right wing whacko starts telling me when I disagree with them how much I dispise America. They don't know jack. It is that attitude that has become so devisive and has poisoned so much of the political discourse in this country today. If they are such big bloody patriots, why are they so offended (or afraid) of a difference of opinion? And if it is those of us who disagree with their bullhooey that are causing so much harm to this country...what have they done good for the world lately?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The only thing I will add to this already hot thread is. . .

That I am glad to notice that many members of ATS agree that the ones that should be protesting for their nation and their rights should be American citizens not the people that are violating the rights that we so hard had fought, bleed and die for.

It's such an irony that is so much money to go into this very well funded and organized protest, while none of that money goes to paid for better working conditions or to lobby for higher immigrations laws.

The organizers of these protest care less for the people they are pushing to do the protest or for the American citizens in this country.

They care for their pockets, their profits and the power they hold withing our own elected politicians.

I agree that the Vacation taken by the congress was very timely and in a way to match the upcoming scheduled protest events.

What a shame.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
That I am glad to notice that many members of ATS agree that the ones that should be protesting for their nation and their rights should be American citizens not the people that are violating the rights that we so hard had fought, bleed and die for.

What about in the case of wars?

In future, should only American's fight for America? Even if you're ever brought under threat? The fact those who were made citizen's of America were immigrants in the first place, makes the whole arguement illogical.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

In future, should only American's fight for America? Even if you're ever brought under threat? The fact those who were made citizen's of America were immigrants in the first place, makes the whole argument illogical.

The same logic you are applying is the same that I did appled also for a while until I opened my eyes to what is relay going on in our country, this is an agenda and the faster you see it for what it is you will understand that we hard working tax payer Americans in the middle class bracket are the ones been crap all over while our politicians kiss up to the corporate agenda behind the illegal immigrants in this country.

I don't see your point, Odium I am Spanish but I am an American citizen by birth right, so to me Americans is anybody that got that Right to be called American because either it was born in the US land, migrated and became a citizen, or special circumstances made it eligible to be a citizen or a natural citizen.

I think that you are a little bit confuse about what an Illegal is and a Immigrant one came without permission the other one have at least a working permit legally obtain by our legal system.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
that we hard working tax payer Americans in the middle class bracket are the ones been crap all over while our politicians kiss up to the corporate agenda behind the illegal immigrants in this country.

Unfortunately exactly the same white middle class just seems to love governmental power in all its shapes and forms, doesn't matter if they get plundered and impoverished, still equating flag fetish with the wihite house, right? there may be rare exceptions, but this mentality is the root cause, imho.

How about using the alledged power you have for your own goals, Darwinism doesn't work by obedience, you know, and selectionism is the dominant western religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Next protest on May 1st, 2006:

The Great American Boycott 2006- El Gran Paro Americano 2006
A day without an immigrant - Un dia sin immigrante
No Work, No School, No Sales

More info here:
www.actionla.org...
deletetheborder.org...
www.troopsoutnow.org...

Congress better get their act together before this starts spinning out of control.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No, marg6043, I am not confused at all about the terms. However, I did open my eyes. Open them to the fact my great-grandparents had to leave the United State's due to the illegal immigrants who came the first time around, who raped, killed and pillaged. Who stopped them from practicing their religion, who forced them off of their lands and claimed it as their own. The same United State's who practicied eugenics - sterilization - up till 1979 on people it deemed as inferior. The fact nearly every Native American peace activist who was murdered never had a trail and those who did were found to be deserving of it. The fact still to this day there is a large level of inequality within the United State's, institutional racism on a grand scale and social exclusion based on colour. Maybe it's about time poeple open their eyes to the fact the first settellers broke the agreeements made with the Tribal American's?

Like it or not, these new illegal immigrants have as much right to be there as the modern American. They both came from lands where they were persercuted, leaving to find a better life. The only difference is now, the Modern American hates the immigrant. Like it or not, more often than not it's the modern American, Middle-Class, white male, who sees the immigrants in his office, at his garage, at the corner stores and never - ever - bothers to make a formal complaint to the State. Because they like their cheap goods. They like the South American and Asian explotated labour so they can wear their Nike trainners, they like the cheap food they gain from the market picked by illegal immigrants because these poor, hard, downtrodden American's won't work and would rather live off of the Social Systems that are in place or the fact they won't pay enough for the food so these farmers can afford to pay American's. Like it or not, it's the immigrants who are the problem illegal or not, it's the fact the Government and the people turn a blind eye to what they gain.

I'd love to see the Government remove all these immigrants and watch as the farms and factories collapse. It'll be funny when the price of food is two/three times higher, then maybe the hard-working, middle-class, will finally see what it's like for the immigrants and the poor in the lower-class.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
In a sick, sadistic way I actually kinda want the illegals to boycott work and school for a couple days. I want people to see that the things people like me and Odium and a few others have been saying. Our capitalist, vampire practices will backfire. It isnt a question of if...but when.

What I dont understand is how people get spoon fed so easily when your head is stuck so far in the sand.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The problem is that even when Some deserved to be citizens no all of them do.

Is not only 11 million immigrant in this country but about closes to 30 million, taking in consideration the ones that will rather hide than come public as an illegal.

The middle class in America are the highest tax payer group in the country the ones that tax brakes do not applied and that are absorbing the weight of most of the tax that goes to pay for the people that do not make enough income and depend on welfare.

If even 11 million of the illegal immigrants make it to citizenship they will become part of the low income or no income poor families in this country.

This will add more pressure to the all ready dying middle hard working class that supports the nation with the higher bracket on tax revenue.

Many of you are completely missing the entire issue here.

From where the new low poor income class that most immigrant will be getting their welfare checks will come? how about the cost of health care or free care and Medicaid.

Where the government is going to subsided their needs when already American citizens are getting the short because of cuts in the system?

Or are you forgetting that the money that our government uses to pay for services is free.

It comes from the hard working sector that is not longer part of the 35 to 55 thousand dollar income in our nation.

The income media is changing because more and more people can not live in that income that supported our parents.

The burden of 11 to 20 million new poor is going to kill what is left of what was once middle class.

Somebody will have to pay and is not going to be corporate American or the rich it will be you or me because they will still be making the minimum even as citizens alone with millions of already citizens in this country that are already in that group.

I never had any problem paying taxes, but when I have to see the choices I am left over after paying thousand of dollars a year in taxes because I am not rich but still get no tax brakes because I do no fall in the right bracket it does makes me angry.

We all work hard for our money.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So because of the state of your taxation system, more people should be punished? That's false logic. The real solution would have nothing to do with immigrants, but a re-structure of the taxation system. Which most credible Social Scientists have been saying for decades.

Furthermore, they don't need to live on any Government hand-outs if more protests like this happen, but focus on big businness. Like it or not, blaming immigrants isn't going to help solve the Social problems in the United State's. It's documented even the illegal immigrants pay a level of taxation which has been helping the system and there is no way that 100% of the immigrants are unemployed.

Like it or not, you afford to eat because of them. Even throughout Europe it is the illegal immigrants on the farm yards...in the factories...doing the jobs no ciitzen wants to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
So because of the state of your taxation system, more people should be punished? That's false logic.

No is not, right now Bush wants to get away with no state taxes because like that he can keep giving brakes to businesses that many already are Supporting and lobbying for immigrant benefits.

No people get punished low income doesn't get punished they get Bushes Tax brakes Rich people doesn't get punished they also get Bushes Tax brakes.

Middle class is the one that gets punished, while we pay the highest taxes, we do not get any benefits from what we pay for, because we do not qualified, still like any other group we pay more and get less.

The real solution would have nothing to do with immigrants, but a re-structure of the taxation system. Which most credible Social Scientists have been saying for decades.

Immigration laws has been already set in this country since the 1980s under Reagan he gave the chance to illegals back then to get their working guess and to have better working conditions and respect.

But while I agree that the tax system is faulty and actually the IRS should be eliminated living the individual states to get their tax revenue from the people in the state.

The ones that are pushing for more illegal immigrants is businesses, because as long as illegal workers are available they can save money on paper work, from social security, insurance, working conditions and they can also get away with under minimum pay.

In other words they are abusing the illegals, but also they are the ones pouring their money into keeping the borders open.

Furthermore, they don't need to live on any Government hand-outs if more protests like this happen, but focus on big business.

That is my point, business are the ones that should be punished for the slave conditions that they want to keep illegals.

But they are the ones influencing Washington with lots and lots of money.

Right now some state do offer some kind of benefits for migrant workers, no illegals but migrant workers that have permits.

Like it or not, blaming immigrants isn't going to help solve the Social

I do not blame the immigrants but the corporate America and our greedy politicians.

Illegal immigrants do not pay taxes do to the fact that many are under the minimum wage, only immigrants with working permits have to follow the same rules as the legal working citizens.

Yes no all illegals are unemployed but they fall under the low poor working class.

Like it or not, you afford to eat because of them.

No you are wrong that is how greedy business and farmers wants you to believe while they keep using them as slaves because they Are paying them peanuts

Actually if they become legal you bet that they will stop working in farms and move to other sectors for work.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join