It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 90 US Cities Targeted for Massive Immigrant Protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
At least 90 US cities brace today for massive immigration protests in what organizers are calling a National Day of Action on Immigrant Rights. Planned by a Washington based coalition of immigrant rights interest groups, organizers exceeded the 10 cities they had originally planned for as their goal. While much of the attention has been on Hispanic protesters, Monday's protests may change that perception as other ethnic minorities, such as Islamic and Asian groups, are expected to join the demonstrations.

www.csmonitor.com
In Los Angeles, Eun Sook Lee will march on behalf of Korean illegal immigrants, at least 50,000, living in southern California. On Boston Common, Punam Rogers will join other Indian émigrés, as well as business clients and students from China, Germany, and Britain. In Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Ivalier Duvra will take to the streets to draw attention to Haitian newcomers who he says need refugee status.

Coming on the heels of demonstrations in several larger cities, a National Day of Action on Immigrant Rights Monday is expected to involve people in some 90 US municipalities, well above organizers' goal of 10. Described as the biggest social movement of Hispanics since the United Farm Workers of Cesar Chavez, the plans for protests, vigils, and marches include a less-visible tier of people stirred to action over American immigration policy: non-Latinos.

"If you watch TV and read the papers, you would think this [immigration reform] is primarily an issue only for Latinos or only illegals or only poor immigrants. [Monday] will show differently," predicts Abdul Malik Mujahid, a Chicago-based Islamic cleric who says 7,000 Muslims will march there Monday to protest the "climate of fear" since 9/11. "Latino organizers have done a big favor not just to themselves but to all other immigrants, as well as America itself, by standing up and saying this country's immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. Now the rest of us must join in."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have a feeling this is going to be a real eye opener...

Here is one of many websites responsible for organizing today's protests:

WWW.APRIL10.ORG

They provide a list of scheduled events per state.

The fact that other immigrant groups are now joining in the protests, speaks volumes of what is happening here. No doubt this may snow ball into something far larger, imo.

Related News Links:
seattletimes.nwsource.com
www.courier-journal.com
washingtontimes.com
www.rockymountainnews.com

[edit on 10-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
These protests are being staged and this domestic unrest is being fomented in this nation by the same people in the government that were behind 9/11 and the Anthrax Attacks, the War on Terror, and the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq.

Don't you see? There is no other explanation for the lax border enforcement, punitive immigration legislation, and mass protests. It is a package deal. It is all part and parcel of the plan to get us to the point where they can Institute Martial Law! They are doing this on purpose, they have been doing it all along, to facilitate the fascist take over of our government and the United States of America.

Why do you think Mr. Hubris has been so damn smug lately? He knows what's about to go down, and he and all the traitors like him support a fascist dictatorship in this country, imo.

Its time for each and every citizen of the United States of America to stand up for what they believe in. We have to reassure the illegals that they will be treated fairly, vote the warmongers and fascists out of office in November, impeach the entire Executive Branch of the Federal Government, if needs be.

The time is now, and our liberty as free citizens of a free country is at stake.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I do not think it is about martial law. These protests are testing the waters for the upcoming Mexican invasion.

Coming to a store near you real soon signs that read no habla English rather then Si habla Espanol

[edit on 4/10/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Do you mean "Mexican invasion" maliciously? Like a conventional invasion?

We have waaayyy too many armed stupid people for that. It really will be bad.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Icarus,

I understand totally. This is being allowed to happen for a purpose. I can see it now. Congress on vacation and millions out there protesting....
I beleive they want a civil war and an excuse to place these people in camps.
A police state would be in order then.

Are we that stupid? yup

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
martial law? hmmm, wouldn't they have to start causing riots and damage to these Cities, before martial law is declared?

now, about the camps.....that is something we should try to monitor, cause i can see them coming into effect pretty soon.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
These aren't 'immigrant' protests.
These are ILLEGAL immigrant protests.

High school and college kids are getting paid
by their liberal schools to attend. They get
'school credit' for going.

Homeless people are getting free meals to show
up and join the crowd.

I wish INS was big enough to tag 'em all and take
them down to Mexico and dump them off.

We HAVE TO build that wall and have our military patrol it.

I'm sure the Mexican President is having a great day today.
He has been dumping his 'unwanteds' across the boarder
into our country for decades. That way he doesn't have
to fix his own country and he doesn't have to take care of
them. Cheap and easy for him. Very bad for us.

This freak'n stinks. We should adopt Mexico's immigrant policies.
They don't let anyone in illegally. Those that they let in, as well
as those that manage to get in illegally, CAN NOT publically comment
on anything political about the Mexican government. If they do, they
are thrown in jail. Immigrants, both legal and illegal, can't own
property on the coasts either. No beach front ownership.

Illegals have no right to wave their flags and protest anything here
in America. No right what so ever.

[edit on 4/10/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is a very organized event. Not something that happened over night.

Over the breakfast table, we were discussing these rallies. How many illegals want their faces on the 6:00 news?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. How can illegals demand things poor citizens don't even have???

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They are not entitled to protests.

But.... something stinks once again....There is something more going on here than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Im curious, with SO many illegals having the guts to come out and protest about the laws trying to be passed. And have the gall to actually say it is racist to want to kick out ANYONE who is here illegally
And that the poles show supposedly that 70+% of Americans want a fence, want tough laws, DONT want amnesty etc.....

Where are the rallies FOR the immigration reform, where are the Americans who want this done, NOT one rally None of this makes sense...and I would bet you anything that IF they started to have PRO Reform rallies you would see them crack down on them immediately!

It is ok for the illegals to bitch about being kicked out and having to go by the rules to get back in, but bitch about the senate dragging their feet and the country being overun, and they will shut it down so fast.

Look at the schools in the SW, They BAN American flags and anything deemed patriotic because they dont want to insight the other students, but it was OK for the Mexican and south american students to wave Mexican flags, wear shirts with their countries flag on it, that was fine
but as soon as an American student did it, it was not and they banned it all.

IT is TOTAL BS and I wish a few people would grow some and start to rally adn stand up instead of just saying...oh there is nothing that can be done...this is BS and only getting worse

Go ahead and flame away all you Bleeding heart liberals that think it is racist to close the border...hey come in Legally just like you are supposed to. This country was built on Immigrants.....LEGAL ONES! KEY WORD PEOPLE LEGAL

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
[edit on 10-4-2006 by Lordodinsrevenge]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I admit I don't know WTF is going on with this. I suspect there's a lot more behind the story than we're hearing, though, and I suspect the US government is the impetus behind it all.

Why now?
Who is organizing this?

April10.org
Coordinated by the National Capital Immigrant Coalition in the metro Washington, DC area and hundreds of grassroots organizations around the nation, immigrant communities and allies will come together for the largest mobilization for immigrant justice in our nation's history.

martial law? hmmm, wouldn't they have to start causing riots and damage to these Cities, before martial law is declared?

Yeah. Have you seen the tempers flaring around this issue? Have you heard the Angry Americans?

These are ILLEGAL immigrant protests.

Or as the April 10 site calls them, "Undocumented Immigrants". That sounds so much nicer than 'illegal'.

I agree with most of you here. There's somethig really stinky behind all this. Will the Immigrants be the next Fall Guy for what our government has in store for us?

I caution those of you who are seeing this as a 'Mexican Invasion' to consider not taking it at face value and to look behind the headlines for the real story.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Do you think you could make your point without the "bleeding heart liberal" junk?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Theodores Roosevelts ideas on immigration Quotes from a speech 1907.
" In the first place, we should insist that the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an american and assimilates himself to us. he shall be treated on an exact level with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed or birthplace, or origin. BUT! this predicated open the person becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American...there can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who sayshe is an american, but something else also isin't an american at all. We have only room for one flag... We have room for only one language, and that is English ... And we have room for only one sole loyalty and that is loyalty to the American people"
It saddens me that we don't have this kind of leadership in the Whitehouse today, INstead we have a idiot surrounded by spineless politicans pandering for votes busy kissing corporate backsides pushing for cheap labor. The taxpayer is totally left out of the equation as well as the forgotten oathes they took to protect our borders and our constitution.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I really don't think there is some deep conspiracy behind the recent events.

To me, it sounds more like prostitution of politicians who are after Hispanic vote.

To those who are demonizing "liberals" here: it was a relative of GW Bush (a cousin or somebody esle, I don't remember) who made an address at the national party congress, IN SPANISH LANGUAGE. There was no reason for that except to flirt with the Hispanic population. You reap what you sow.

All this surge in illegal immigration happened on Bush's watch. Before anybody tries to smear liberals, look into the ineptitude and corrupt heart of the Bush administration.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If immigrants want to become citizens, then they must do it through legal means. The immigrants that are in this nation illegally are nothing short of being a criminal, now they're shouting that they want citizenship?

The next thing you know is that bank robbers will shout they have the right to become bankers and child abusers have the right to open up child care facilities.

We need to pull together and stop these criminals from draining our recoures that are meant for Americans and don't be coming here and waving a Mexican flag. If Mexico is so wonderful, why do they keep pouring into our nation?

What's wrong here is that this nation has become too politically correct.

I, for one, am not a politician so political correctness doesn't apply to me!

[edit on 10/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
By the way, are there any significant anti-illegal marches and/or other forms of protest?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If there was a conspiracy, it could come from the Republican side. I mean, it seems that this the one issue where it is ok to disagree with the President, and if Republicans want to win the Senate, and in '08, they are going to need a way to distance themselves from a unpopular President and his policies.

If I was a Republican politician, I would love these protests. It would give me something to protest!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Interearthling,

Its already been established that those who are illegal should go get the papers and become legal.

We are talking about the motivation, NOW, the congress walking away from this entire mess in order to vacation, and the general smell of feces in the air.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This just goes to show that the politicians are doing more to divide this country than unite it. Why do we even need an immigration reform bill? The bill calls for stricter border control and to document immigrants. Why do we need a bill for the government to do what they are already supposed to be doing in the first place?

These protests only "demonstrate" how bad the problem has become.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join