It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shrinking heads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ok, this is going to sound weird but i HAVE read about it elsewhere a long time ago.
And it was when i read about it then and told it to my kids, that my eldest son said it happens to him.

This is what it is. Apparently, when he stares at someone for a while, their head goes small....(just writing this, it seems funny)...he says he can do it with pictures too, and indeed, when i originally read about it, someone else said that.
It appears that the persons head decreases in size but their body stays the same.
Since he told me this, whenever i am telling him off, it puts me off, cos i have this feeling he;s looking at me in this way....lol

Does anyone else have this, and if they do...could you explain it to me more, because i hate that i cant do this, and i hate that i cant fully understand HOW it happens

P.s dont know if this is in the right forum...apologies if its not

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Now i'm no optometrist but it seems like when something goes out of focus it get's larger or smaller.
Ask him if it gets blurry too.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Anti Chris
Now i'm no optometrist but it seems like when something goes out of focus it get's larger or smaller.
Ask him if it gets blurry too.

Nope...theres nothing wrong with his sight (Thank God)...i thought maybe it was like one of those magic eye pictures where if you intentionally lose focus, it will change, but it doesnt appear to be anything like that either. And no, it doenst go blurry. He can even blink and it will stay the same until he looks away (or when i tell him to look away cos he's freaking me out :-))
Its very strange and i'm a bit dismayed that no-one else replied to this. I dont know, people on ATS can write abour lizards, aliens, bigfoot, worries about being bugged by the CIA, and being abducted by Ebens, but i get no replies to a post about shrinking heads

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
Its very strange and i'm a bit dismayed that no-one else replied to this. I dont know, people on ATS can write abour lizards, aliens, bigfoot, worries about being bugged by the CIA, and being abducted by Ebens, but i get no replies to a post about shrinking heads

LOL. Maybe you should have titled it:

"My son shrinks heads!!! Reptilian??"

That would have got them flocking in.

I've never heard of it, but it sounds very interesting. Not sure where you would go for information on this - maybe child psychology/behaviour books? I've just tried Googling it (as I'm sure you have) and just get back loads of rubbish.

I will ask a clinical psychologist friend of mine if she knows anything about the effect. I'll post if I find out.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
LOL. Maybe you should have titled it:

"My son shrinks heads!!! Reptilian??"

That would have got them flocking in.

I've never heard of it, but it sounds very interesting.

thats true....whatever the content of my next thread, i am going to fit "david icke" somewhere in the thread title.

It is interesting anyway. I think i read about it originally on some medical forum, and when my son said he could do it, he was slightly surprised that no-one else could. I tell you, it is very disconcerting. You try telling off a child (who is already taller than you anyway), knowing that all he is probably doing is looking at you and thinking...."huh...tiny head..big body"...lol

Originally posted by FatherLukeDukeI will ask a clinical psychologist friend of mine if she knows anything about the effect. I'll post if I find out.

thank you....much appreciated

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
oh and yes, i have tried googling it....lots of variations on the words "shrinking" "heads" "stare" etc....lol....all to no avail

Dae

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ayup! When one reads the content of this post one discovers that yer son has a wikid imagination and you find it hard to take yourself seriously whilst hes shrinkin' yer head.

Truely, if youre worried that this visual experience is an indication of something medical, then go see your Doc.

Edit for PS:
Acutally, just thought, we came to a compromise, we call it 'the blankie' now

[edit on 28/4/06 by Dae]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaeAyup! When one reads the content of this post one discovers that yer son has a wikid imagination and you find it hard to take yourself seriously whilst hes shrinkin' yer head.

Truely, if youre worried that this visual experience is an indication of something medical, then go see your Doc.

Its nothing to do with his imagination. And like i said, i read about other people doing this too.
I'm not worried about it at all.....just wondering if anyone here had experienced it. More than anything, it annoys me that i cant do it

Dae

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Its nothing to do with his imagination. And like i said, i read about other people doing this too.

What else could it be? Other people have imagined it too 'cos they have imaginations as well

Alright, if its not imagination, what else... seeing a reality? We all have shrunkin heads and only a vey few see it. Doesnt sound plausible to me.

Does it only happen to human heads? How about hands or animals? Can he see it when looking at drawrings of people? Like Mona Lisa? How about pictures of aliens or fictional characters (drawings and "photos"), does it happen to them?

Tell me why you dont think its his imagination? Because its so odd and others can do it too? The other people you read about, are they reminiscing from childhood or can they still do it as an adult?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaeDoes it only happen to human heads? How about hands or animals? Can he see it when looking at drawrings of people? ....The other people you read about, are they reminiscing from childhood or can they still do it as an adult?

lol....i can see where you're going with this, and i would be inclined to believe you, except he is 16 years old and no, the people i read about, still could do it, even in adulthood.
As far as doing it with pictures and stuff.....i will ask him. In fact, i am surprised at myself for not asking him this earlier.
Anyway, its no big deal. I just wanted to be able to do it myself....lol
I admit at this point, i am incredibly immature...lol...and me and my eldest son are incredibly competitive and so its not so much a "whats happening to him?", but more of a "why cant i do it too?"....lol

Dae

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

lol....i can see where you're going with this, and i would be inclined to believe you, except he is 16 years old and no, the people i read about, still could do it, even in adulthood.

Nooo no no, Im not getting at anything. Really, I read yer thread and felt you issued a challenge to talk about this weird thing despite its weridness and not much to go on. You made out like we needed reptilians or ghosts to make it post worthy. So I thought, "OK, lets talk about it then" lol

...and so its not so much a "whats happening to him?", but more of a "why cant i do it too?"....lol

And yeah, since coming across your very bizarre tale, I have tried it too, no luck from me either but ill keep on having a go when I remember (lol this is going to mess up my social relations innit).

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae You made out like we needed reptilians or ghosts to make it post worthy. So I thought, "OK, lets talk about it then" lol

lol....maybe i SHOULD start thinking about it in terms of....reptilian involvement?...lol

I have tried it too, no luck from me either but ill keep on having a go when I remember (lol this is going to mess up my social relations innit).

lol....i have tried and tried....cant do it. Where are you from by the way...wales? i say Wales because of your name, but you said in a previous post "ayup", which is eerily reminiscent of my youth spent in the North of England

[edit on 28-4-2006 by geek101]

[edit on 28-4-2006 by geek101]

Dae

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

lol....i have tried and tried....cant do it. Where are you from by the way...wales? i say Wales because of your name, but you said in a previous post "ayup", which is eerily reminiscent of my youth spent in the North of England

I also said "innit"
Im a Londoner (sort of, actually Canadian) but moved to Lverpool too many years ago. I love using non standard English, mixed in with big words especially
I have me an Aussie boyfriend too, so I say things like 'no worries' and confusing things like light bulbs with light globes... I cant believe Ive actually called them globes. And dooners! Whats that about? But duvet is sooo French! lol

[edit on 28/4/06 by Dae]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
your son is either naturally hallucinating(shizophrenia, psychosis) or is taking '___'/peyote/jimsons weed

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I am suddenly reminded of the Waiting room scene from "Beetelguese"

I do have a question.
Does he have to stare unblinkingly, for a long time?
And is the effect ruined, if he moves his eyes away, even for a short moment?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubtDoes he have to stare unblinkingly, for a long time?
And is the effect ruined, if he moves his eyes away, even for a short moment?

nope, he can blink and the effect stays the same until he looks away.

And to the previous poster....no, he's not on drugs

new topics

top topics

join