It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of times, do you believe it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonoIonic_Gold
What comes to mind when I think about atheists, is that they are the most unprepared spiritually, and unprepared mentally.

If... suddenly the world changed dramatically and God and his Angels showed up to our mortal eyes, (in whatever physical form that is), and there was no doubting for anyone anymore, atheists would be having nervous breakdowns trying to be forgiven.

I picture quivering people sitting in the corner crying and wimpering apologies to the almighty.

I bet that turns you on when you think like that? Heres a thing - What if its all lies??? There have been many 'end of days' and guess what? were still here. As was said in another post - In a thousand years there will be someone preaching the same bull and will have followers just like yourself.

People who are prepared spiritually through their faith, even some agnostics that have always had an open mind, will be better prepared in all ways for what may or may not come. They may be crying too, but with tears of joy and love, not sorrow or regret.

However, I beleive, that as long as your a good person in works and deeds, I think you will be forgiven even if you are a self proclaimed atheist.

But if your deeds and works are evil, and fly in the face of god, because you believe no one will punish you. Then you will surely be punished.

Don't be an atheist to be pompous, or because God hasn't "proven" himself to you. If your going to be an atheist.... well nevermind... I can't think of a good reason to be an atheist.

IMHO
What are you on about?? How can you propose to know how people think and react. If say this 'end of days' happened I still would NOT worship god and his minions. And a good reason to be an atheist is that you dont have to believe in such obvious rubbish and pretend that it is true. Get a grip on reallity!!!!

G

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Everything has an ending. It all depends on what you mean by the end of time. Time as we see it is different in each realm and planet. Everyone's personal time will end. The Earth will eventually burn out, now when that will happen I have no idea. I doubt it will happen anytime in the next million years or so.

By the time Earths time is up we will have already moved onto another planet. As humans i think we die the day the last of our race moves off the planet which will happen. Once we jump to another planet and adapt we become something else. Which will then begin the time of the new race and this will continue on for a very very very long time.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is why I don't understand those who believe in the End Of Times is near... because we aren't the only life form in the universe... So that we all shall met the ``creator`` make me laugh.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Christianity, with its alpha and omega, appeals to weaker people. Losers. People who feel downtrodden.

LOL, weaker people, LOL. Downtrodden? I'm a child of a king, please.

Alright hot shot, I'll challenge you. Let's see who is weaker. Let's see what you got.

I'll spend 1 day, running with the crowd, taking the easy way, floating downstream.

You spend 1 day carrying a Bible, without hiding it and without telling anyone why you are doing it.

Now let's see who is weaker. You don't have the balls sonny boy, do you?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
lets not forget the bible says the end times start when israel becomes a nation again "the prophecy of dry bones?". That happened in may 14 1948 the next thing that is about to happen is the war of ezekiel. Is it a coincidence that iran is being helped so much by russia as we speak. When the bible talks about the hook in gog and magogs jaw he is talking about russia attacking israel because they are dragged into the conflict. I believe the next thing that is gonna happen is israel with our without our help will attack iran and take out their nuclear capabilities to only be counter attacked by iran and russia and the largest terrorist radical islamic coalition that world has ever seen. The supernatural part will finally come because the bible says he will destroy this demonic army . Three things will happen and i will put them in order:
1 a great earthquake in the middle east that will hit the heart of this attacking force.
2 the largest friendly fire incident to ever hit a army "same as what happened in the old testament were israels enemies attacked and killed each other"
3 fire and brimstone "meteor shower to rain down on the army and cities and nations that support this army"
As for as the temple goes yes the antichrist has to have a temple to desecrate but it could be the antichrist with his fake world peace that allow the jews to construct it in the first place.

all endtimes prophecy is fullfilled by god thru his chosen people the jews.
God will also judge the nations on how the treated the jews " I will bless those that bless you and curse those that curse you" This is why the united states has been the strongest nation on the earth is because we have supported israel. When we started making the road map of peace that just divides the land to the arabs is when the US started down the road of moral decay and continues down that path now. Christians i call to you pray for peace and safety to the children of israel and bless them for how god judges you will depend on how you treat them. Lets not forget there would be no christianity at all if it not were the jews. The jews lack of believing jesus as the messiah is why christians exist now. That is why jesus says the salvation will not come to the them "jews" untill the fullness of the gentiles "christian non jews" .

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i aplogize for the sloppiness of my post. I have to type quickly for i am at work. You get the point tho i hope.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I did some biblical symbol analysis and comparison to current events and the overall structure of prophecy in this other thread. My entry is dated 4/11/06:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't support at all Israël with their crimes against humanity. So considering that, from you're viewpoint, I am going to hell? I like jews but I'm against zionists and I think that GOD is against that racist ideology as well if not, i will be please to go to hell!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
what crimes? Defending their land that whas given to them by god before the people of palastine even existed. Or defending themselves from the arab states who have no desire for them to exist at all? Which one I'm confused? The hatred of the jews in the world is just another reason why i think the end times is here besides all the prophecy that is happening on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
whas given to them by god : LOL!! GOD banned them from their land in their bible, so why they created it? God didn't say to them: So I de-banned you from you're promised land so you can create Israël!

Stop eating Israël propaganda!! So why there is jews against Israël? They are not true jews?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
god told abraham that he was given the land to him and his desendants forever..... He never banned them from it. He allowed them to wonder in the wilderness until the people who sinned against him had died. the prophecy of the dry bones is god calling the jews back to their homeland and that happened on may 14 1948. The rest is happening right now as we speak.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So you think that the end of times is near. But is it the end of times only for earth or the entire universe? And if the others aliens don't worship the jews's god, they're in deep #. LOL.

I think that believing in the end of times based on what's is happening on earth is very egocentric!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
whas given to them by god : LOL!! GOD banned them from their land in their bible, so why they created it? God didn't say to them: So I de-banned you from you're promised land so you can create Israël!

Stop eating Israël propaganda!! So why there is jews against Israël? They are not true jews?

The thinking that the Jews are the key to the end times is not properly regarding the teachings of the new testament. In Romans 9:6-8, the church that believes the promises of God is the seed of Abraham. Also, Romans 2:28-30 calls them a Jew who are circumcised in heart, not physically. Jesus declared the judgment in Matt 23:38 because they did not see the Messiah at his visitation (foreshadowed by Jacob (Israel's first bride) Leah who was tender in eye. In fact, God alludes to his greater love for the second bride (Rachel) who represents the gentiles. Also, this story is told in the book of Esther: Vashti (Jews) would not come when called so the king divorced and picked a new bride Esther (Gentile church) from among the nations. Also, Joseph's two sons are Manesseh (Jews "To make to Forget my Fathers House") and Ephraim (Gentiles "Fullness of Nations"). Jacob gave the blessing to Ephraim the younger, second son.

Romans 11 talks about how the Jews were broken off and the gentile church grafted in by faith.

God had planned to have one covenant with the Jews and another, better covenant with better promises (Hebrews 8:6) from the foundation of the world.

So, when you read end times prophetic material, understand that Israel is the Gentile church worldwide.

I can translate most of the prophetic works into their correct symbolism after much research and leadership by spirit-filled teachers so if you have other questions "well, then, what does it mean when it says..." type questions, I am getting much better at making a compelling case for the meaning and other applications of the symbolism.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So, when you read end times prophetic material, understand that Israel is the Gentile church worldwide.

This is incorrect.

I can translate most of the prophetic works into their correct symbolism after much research and leadership by spirit-filled teachers so if you have other questions "well, then, what does it mean when it says..." type questions, I am getting much better at making a compelling case for the meaning and other applications of the symbolism.

Managerie,

Can you give me an example. I would like to see what you have been taught?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

This is incorrect. This false belief came about because "Bible experts" just dreamed this up because they couldn't understand how Isreal could be re-established as a nation after almost 2000 years. They made the scripture fit what they saw happening in the world, instead of believing exactly what God said would happen. They introduced symbolism.

Well, guess what, Israel was re=established as a nation, and it's people were still seperate in language and practice.

God did not break His covenant with Israel and never will.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The end of times is here, just as it was at the time of the birth of R.Jeshua
ca. 7BCE - 1 CE. That was the end of the age of Aries and beginning of the
age of Pisces. We are at the end of the age of Pisces and the beginning of
the age of Aquarius.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

This is incorrect. This false belief came about because "Bible experts" just dreamed this up because they couldn't understand how Isreal could be re-established as a nation after almost 2000 years. They made the scripture fit what they saw happening in the world, instead of believing exactly what God said would happen. They introduced symbolism.

Well, guess what, Israel was re=established as a nation, and it's people were still seperate in language and practice.

God did not break His covenant with Israel and never will.

Perhaps you did not check the verses directly stating this. The symbolism is alluded to directly in the parables and the underlying existence of meanings is referenced in:

Proverbs 25:2, Matt 11:25, Matt 13:35, Luke 10:21, Psalm 78:2, Rev 2:17, John 16:25, Isaiah 6:9, Acts 28:26-28, 1 Cor 2:7.

1 Cor 10:11 Describes how the things that happened in the old testament to Israel, etc are for types, examples for our instruction.

God did not break the covenant with the Jews, the Jews did.
Romans 11 and other verses are very clear about the reprobation of the Jews (God removed his spirit). Now, he will return to the ministry to the physical Jews one more time to retrieve His remnant from among them. That is soon, but has not happened yet.

It is amazing how I can point out the verses in the Bible about this and you'll simply say "incorrect" with no backing. I was expecting a more analytical answer.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If you are talking about the end times as described by the Bible, then no, I do not believe that will happen. The earth is not going anywhere. Humans as a civilization may some day die off or be destroyed, but the earth will still be this little ball in space floating around the sun.
No demons or angels or hell on earth. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
managerie

Perhaps you did not check the verses directly stating this.

Please provide verses where Israel is named specifically and we need to substitute the church for Israel.

The symbolism is alluded to directly in the parables and the underlying existence of meanings is referenced in: Proverbs 25:2, Matt 11:25, Matt 13:35, Luke 10:21, Psalm 78:2, Rev 2:17, John 16:25, Isaiah 6:9, Acts 28:26-28, 1 Cor 2:7. 1 Cor 10:11 Describes how the things that happened in the old testament to Israel, etc are for types, examples for our instruction.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings

Found no reference for substituting the church for Israel. God conceals things, sure, but show me specifics. Man has a habit of trying to make scripture fit what they do not understand.

Matt 11:25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

I again agree with the verse, but it has nothing to do with Isreal and the church.

35 So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world."

Again no reference to the church being substituted for Israel. Yes Jesus uttered parables, show me the one where the church is substituted for Israel.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure

Same as Matthew 11:25

2 I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old--

And Jesus did utter parables, but none about the church being substituted for Israel.

rev.2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

No mention of Israel or the church.

John 16:25 "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father

Jesus is talking about the Father. No mention of Israel or the church.

Isaiah 6:9 And He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.

Talking about the Jews not seeing. No mention of substituting the church for Israel.

Acts 28:26 saying, 'Go to this people and say: "Hearing you will hear, and shall not understand; And seeing you will see, and not perceive; 27 For the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed, Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them." ' F114 28 "Therefore let it be known to you that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will hear it!

Shows the fulfillment of Isaiah and the Jews not seeing the Messiah. The Gentiles will see and hear. And so it happened, just as the word said.

1 Cor 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,

This has to do with the natural man not perceiving the things of the Spirit.

1 Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Just read exactly what it says, learn from the things that happened. Don't substitute the church for Israel.

It's like this: Watch me fix the car, you will learn something. Now everytime someone mentions me having fixed their car, you don't substitute yourself in there.

It is amazing how I can point out the verses in the Bible about this and you'll simply say "incorrect" with no backing. I was expecting a more analytical answer.

You pointed out verses in the Bible that had to do with parables, mysteries, and things not revealed to the natural man. Then you used that as an explanation for an incorrect teaching. If I said, anytime you see the word "cross" substitute "mountain" couldn't I use these same verses to back up my incorrect point?

By the way, I did backup my statement "this is incorrect" as you can read again below. This false teaching came about because people were trying to make the scripture work because they saw no possible way for Israel to be restored as a nation. They just stuck the church in for Israel, because they had no faith that God could do exactly what he said he would do.

This is incorrect. This false belief came about because "Bible experts" just dreamed this up because they couldn't understand how Israel could be re-established as a nation after almost 2000 years. They made the scripture fit what they saw happening in the world, instead of believing exactly what God said would happen. They introduced symbolism.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't think it really matters the fact that people thought the end-times was coming and it didn't. That doesn't really prove it won't. I think people will always speculate. It's kind of like some people go to psychics and believe in it and others don't. It's been happening that way for centuries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join