It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of times, do you believe it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's only a little pool to see what's you're religion and if you believe that end of times will happen in you're lifetime?

IMO, I'm an atheist and I don't believe that end of times will ever happen because I believe in infinity.

This poll is to see from each religion, who believe the most to the End Of The Times...

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Catholic:

I beleive in end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. This has already happened to our world.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Who Knows what to believe anymore, religion has corrupted us and strayed us from the way of The True and living God. Yes There's widespread Belief in the end Times, and Yes, we are in the end of ages, But It may not occur as we expected it tio end. With all these rumours of wars, and nuclear weapons, to be used in Iran, it makes u wonder, what is to happen next. Atheist? come on man U gotta believe in something!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Good question... I'll let you know in about a week - I hope.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I have noted in other sections in here, that this is a well covered topic, so I'll keep it short.

Yes, I believe the End Times will be soon.

Everything today, is pending the Building of the Temple.

The Anti-Christ can not walk into the Temple to cease the sacrafice and claim to be God, if the Temple is not constructed.

Now, for you, with no belief, I have a question.

Will your view on this matter be altered in anyway, when the Temple is completed?

The Sanhedrin is prepared. They have the Cattle for the Sacrafice to cleanse the Temple and restart the observance of the Holy of Holies. They have the tools and items readied for the ceremonies and tasks in the Temple. The temple today, is being built, and stored in Sections/Pieces, so it can be raised in a few days or weeks, much like a giant Lego Kit. Some suggest they may still need the Ark, but I would not be surprises if the Black Jews which came from Ethiopia, that made such a media splash in the 70's, also returned what David gave his son.

Today, we have this problem with Jerusalem. What happens when this is solved? Would annointing Jerusalem as the Capital of the World, which the U.N. and Catholic Church is pushing for, and repaying the Jew's with an allowance to build the Temple be enough? I think this is the plan they are making behind the scences. There's little doubt, Pope Bennie has this inmind. The U.N. must do something. And if this is not done, what is there to stop Israel from taking the Temple Mount, and building the Temple by themselves? Nothing.

So, unlike many, who in other Posts, have claimed the End Times have started, and they are giving dates and such, I suggest they are misled and truely lost. Nothing can occur without the Temple. No temple, no Abomination of Desolation sitting where he should not, claiming to be God, hence, no seven years of tribulation and ultimate return of Christ.....

Could things change? Yes and faster than one would think possible, due to the lego kit.

But you are safe today. Tomorrow, you may wish to reconsider. I am sure you will start believing things in the days to come.

Ciao

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Who Knows what to believe anymore, religion has corrupted us and strayed us from the way of The True and living God. Yes There's widespread Belief in the end Times, and Yes, we are in the end of ages, But It may not occur as we expected it tio end. With all these rumours of wars, and nuclear weapons, to be used in Iran, it makes u wonder, what is to happen next. Atheist? come on man U gotta believe in something!

I believe in infinity. This is my belief.

So Shane you're saying that a Temple must be built before that End Of Times and all this kind of stuff may happen? Where this temple will be built? Who will built it? Is the beliving of the end of times by Bush and president of Iran may accelerate this to happen?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I personally think (not believe in) the end of times is coming. However, it is widely misinterpretted.

I think many will die in the next 1-10 years and 'times' will change.

Many prophesies said so, but that doesn't mean they WILL come true. Prophesies that are real are about a certain timeline. That timeline can change from something as simple as the presidents pen running out of ink.

I don't think these times WILL happen, but I thnik they will MOST LIKELY happen as it seems we're still on that same path... or timeline.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's only a little pool to see what's you're religion and if you believe that end of times will happen in you're lifetime?
Thanks!

Most religions, particularly the more naturalistic ones, believe in cycles, not beginnings and ends. Christianity, with its alpha and omega, appeals to weaker people. Losers. People who feel downtrodden. Because it basically says that it's more important in an afterworld for you to have been good than rich and powerful. "We might lose the basketball game, but we'll win the fight afterwards." So, no, there are no "end times" coming. And anyone who says so is revealing more about their own psychology than their ability to think rationally.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Atheist? Come on man U gotta believe in something!

I believe I exist, because I apparently think. This seems to be the only life I've ever lived, or ever will live, unless I've missed out on some very obvious evidence to the contrary. I generally don't tend to believe in a lot of old stories made up by people who were not tremendously well educated. Fiction is easy. Other than that, what's the big rush to believe in something? What's the matter? Does it make you that uneasy to just say, "Hey, I DON'T KNOW?"

But, as I always say, define "God" for me so I know what you're talking about. Let's not just assume I know what you're talking about.

Then present the best proof you have that such a person or thing exists, and if I think it's good enough, if it doesn't have any glaringly obvious faults in logical proof, I'll glady turn in my Atheist License. Any time. Go ahead. Here's somebody fresh and ready to convert. Let's see what you got.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I too believe that the building of the Temple will play a big part in fulfilling the end time prophecies, but even so if you are to believe the scriptures they tell us that no man may know the time of the return of the Lord. So yes, to answer your question as a believer, I believe that we are living in the end days, and hope that I may see the complete fullfilment of prophecy.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think people in every difficult period think that the end of times is upon them. This is no more the end of times than any other. Tough, possibly dangerous times maybe, but that's our choice to make. The future isn't set in stone.

And what does that mean exactly...."End of Times"? As if the whole universe will end... as if space and time itself will fold up and 15 headed serpents and flying castles of God will appear because of something that happens on this speck of dust? People need to expand their awareness a bit...there are hundreds of billions of stars in this galaxy most with planets. There are billions and billions of galaxies in this universe. Hell, they're even theorizing that there are other universes and dimensions that we can't detect yet.

So taking that into account, ask yourself what makes us so special? Why would some higher being bother to create life on one planet in the midst of so large and complex a multiverse to just destroy it at some pre-determined time? Seems like an awful waste.

Now I can imagine someone wiping out this planet before humans spread their primitive tribal warfare elsewhere...but that's another rant...

PS- Since everyone else is listing religious backgrounds....agnostic here. Never rule anything in or out...most sensible way to be IMHO.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
PS- Since everyone else is listing religious backgrounds....agnostic here. Never rule anything in or out...most sensible way to be IMHO.

It's the next best thing to atheist, although I guess I'm just one of those people who will reject the extremely small probability that monkeys might fly out of my butt.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I believe that there are a large number of people who want to believe that there will be some sort of "ultimate ending", "armageddon", "rapture", or "end times".
I've personally known several people who have dramatically made changes to their lives based on a predicted "end times" date, only to live past that date and begin to doubt their very existance. One guy destroyed all of his possessions including a huge 500+ CD collection based on a predicted rapture date that he aquired from some off-shoot church. He was mortified when that date passed him by and nothing hapened.

As for myself I often sit back and take a look at our tiny speck of dirt spinning along in our small solar system and it hits me as to just how delicate our lives really are. If anything gets thrown out of whack on a planitary scale we are, for lack of a better word, toast!
But that is something we have lived with for thousands of years. I can't really see any reason to worry myself over something that is completely out of my control. People who do concern themselves with a possible pending apocalypse probably have personal reasons to want "it all to go away".
I too have had depression along those lines at different times in my life, and it is rather comforting to hope for a helpless quick ultimate end to every problem that you have ever had.

Problem is that statistacally it is VERY unlikely that something like that will happen in your lifetime.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes I believe in End Times Bible prophecies. There IS evidence that supports the fact that that's where the world's heading.
Here are some links:

www.tldm.org...
Here's a good one on the VeriChip.

en.wikipedia.org...
Here's one on the One World Government idea.
The Bible predicts this happening. With United Nations
existing who's to say it's impossible. A couple hundred
years back and the world wasn't nearly so interconnected.
As the world progresses the world keeps getting "smaller".

www.venusproject.com...
One more.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All 'physical' things have a beginning and an end. Humans all die, animals, plants, planets die, stars die etc. A finite world will of course at some point, Finnish. It's just a question of when.
Whether we die along with many others in a major global event or die alone from a heart attack, we still die.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Text Blue
i believe in the bible and i believe in god and jesus so in saying that yes
i believe in the end of times.i also believe that the closer we come to the end of time the more things will happen to try and lead everyone away
from believing in god and jesus.example:the book of judas!another step
towards the end of times.you get people to believe that jesus hasnt
been here yet and all of a sudden there are people showing up saying
they are jesus until the temple is built and the anti christ shows the world miracles and millions of people marvel at him and he is killed and resurects
to lead more into deception.then come the mark of him that is not yet but is to come.it will happen but no man knows when but from the begining when this was told has been a countdown to when it does and with each passing day to each passing year we get closer .its in the bible.it was written so we would know.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Will there be an "end-times," yes. And believing in it is more logical than not believing in it. The bigger question is do you believe that someone can actually reveal the accurate future to humanity.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Many prophecies,from religious and non religious sources appear to point to this time period as one of at very least great upheaval, if not total destruction.
The political machinations going on at the moment lend further weight to the above prophesies as do record breaking/creating recent climatic events.

To desperately cling to the belief that the world will spin on and on and life will continue unchanged for countless millenia to come, in the face of scientific, religious and political warnings to the contrary, is fear based wishful thinking on the part of those psychologically unprepared for radical change.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What comes to mind when I think about atheists, is that they are the most unprepared spiritually, and unprepared mentally.

If... suddenly the world changed dramatically and God and his Angels showed up to our mortal eyes, (in whatever physical form that is), and there was no doubting for anyone anymore, atheists would be having nervous breakdowns trying to be forgiven.

I picture quivering people sitting in the corner crying and wimpering apologies to the almighty.

People who are prepared spiritually through their faith, even some agnostics that have always had an open mind, will be better prepared in all ways for what may or may not come. They may be crying too, but with tears of joy and love, not sorrow or regret.

However, I beleive, that as long as your a good person in works and deeds, I think you will be forgiven even if you are a self proclaimed atheist.

But if your deeds and works are evil, and fly in the face of god, because you believe no one will punish you. Then you will surely be punished.

Don't be an atheist to be pompous, or because God hasn't "proven" himself to you. If your going to be an atheist.... well nevermind... I can't think of a good reason to be an atheist.

IMHO

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
without the belief in "end of times", there never would have been a Christianity as we know it today.

there were dozens, if not hundreds, of "messiahs" who found plenty of followers based on the ever-popular "end times are upon us and my G-d is the only one who can save you" schtick from hundreds of years before Christianity. These days, Christianity, in its various forms, seems to have a lock on that market but I don't believe we'll ever see a time when there aren't plenty of humans who will buy into it.

Thousands of years from now, there will be somebody proclaiming that "we are living in the end times - repent! Follow me. Believe. Give me all your money!"

Seriously, study the history of religion - you'll see what I'm talking about. I wonder if psychologists have ever studied why so many people have always wanted to believe that the world is coming to an end in their own lifetime...
Of course, I've heard it postulated that this kind of mindset is what is driving our current environmental policies but, that discussion belongs in a different thread.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join