It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 11:09 PM
link   
look, my heart cant take this and i have to leave
the whole internet. Im just going to try and remember your users
so i can pray for you. i will add your names in my daily rosary.

just keep the future events in your mind, and when you see stuff happen that
will rattle you, please, realize that im not joking and jesus is the christ and he did set up a church
that has the new sacrafice for our perfection.

My email is

[email protected] if anybody wants to talk about jesus. I might only have this internet
for another month but these disputes are useless.

peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 08:09 AM
link   
yo man, dont leave... your gonna leave cuz your getting sick of all the disputes and arguments with non-believers

you didnt hear Jesus ever giving up with his constant arguments with the Pharisees

dont leave.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Don't LEAVE!!!!! Without you I have no way to get a good laugh. Hell, I printed out your list of things that disproved evolution and read it everytime I get bummed out. I mean, clam shell found open, whale found end on end, dinosaurs not allowed on ark for to big, I mean, without you, this place has no humor! Don't go!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey truth dont take things to heart and leave this site. Think of all the time and hard work you have put in, it would be a shame to leave all what you have posted and then to turn your back on it, even if other members do mock and make fun of you. Christianity is all about suffering for Jesus.

I agree with you that disputes are useless but remember that it takes two to have a dispute, argument or quarrel. I think that you have also have been a little bit argumentative yourself and thats exactly what the members who mock want you to do, so that then they can answer back and mock You again and again. This is not the way Jesus did things, he said what God told him to say and then left it up to the hearers to decide.

I want to be your friend here and be of any help I can, but I must point out that starting up a topic about Toltec because of the way he replies to you will not help you. (if he's like this with you do you think he will do as you ask) I just bring this up as an example.

I have much that I want to discuss with you, we can be a help to eachother in finding more about god and the end times.
So dont leave.

The simple thing to do is this: when you post somthing if and when other members mock, laugh and ridicule. Just dont answer them back, this will only invite more ridicule. say what you will and answer only those who believe or have sincere questions. Im sure you'll find this will work and you'll be more happy here.

If a man has a gun pointing at you then dont be the one to give him the ammunition.

stewards

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No one ever claimed the road to understanding would be smooth and painless.

Dispute, debate, and even outright quarrel can be productive, and indeed important, if one party gains a deeper understanding of any topic. Even if that party is a silent observer.

Truth, certainly few here follow your rigid ideals. But you can you honestly say you have not grown within your beliefs by your involvement here? I think you have. If you really sit back and examine what you've learned, and gained from your time here, you will be surprised to realize you have grown from it. Is that not important? Is growth not worth the emotional price you're now feeling?

Hang tough. Hang around. Your involvement in this forum is an important mix in the larger picture.

Please.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The religon forum is littered with the bones of many burned out posters... TC, me, and others, if you can stand the heat, stay on

Someone needs to shine the light...

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You guys have good hearts.

Ill probably stick to posting every once in a while
on sertain new topics, but i cant engage in mindless disputes
anymore.

Im on so many other wesites and people on those site hate me and
call me fanatical too. God has taught me to pray more and talk less.

stewards. excellent response!

peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well... we might still have mindless disputes, but here, we don't hate you.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Gee "truth" you really are taking it personally, its not at all about hatred.

Its about the issues as well as the conspiracy

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I really don't want to see you leave permanently either...Despite what differences we have, you've made me think about what I've learned over my lifetime too.

Have you ever seen enough of Star Trek to have heard of the IDIC philosophy? The letters stand for "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations" & the basic philosophy is to learn from & rejoice in the vast diversity of knowledge & opinion.

Discussion *is* needed between diverse factions because we cannot truly *understand* one another on this planet without discussion; Without understanding, there can be no unity.

Disscussion & occasional conflicting opinions are the gears that make the machine work...And the machine won't work unless the gears grind together...

[Edited on 25-10-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with debating ones beliefs...as the saying goes: "The hottest flames temper the strongest steel"...let the flames burn, it will clean off the chuff...melt away the slag...and leave you will a pure strong belief that has withstood all.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well, newest member, The only Truth.

Gee, could this be truth? No, couldn't be, could it?

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 08:47 AM
link   
To: Jehova Yahweh Care: Celestial Hotel (Suite #666) Presidential Tier, Paradise

Dear God; This is to inform you that your current position as deity is herewith terminated due to gross incompetence STOP Your check will be mailed STOP
Please do not use me for a reference STOP

Respectfully, Malaclypse the Younger/Omnibenevolent Polyfather POEE High Priest

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Guy's I think the problem is that to Truth it is about Hatred. That is if you do not accept what he accepts as correct. Its his impression that we are all either possessed by Demons or involved in some conspiracy to undermine the only real religion. Most people here do seem prepared to be open to other ideas. That potentially is viewed by this person as a personal attack.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The difference between Truth and other posters is the difference between objective and subjective knowledge.

If you believe in the bible then that is your benchmark for truth, if its not there, or your belief is differnt to the whats written then you are wrong... full stop.

If however you don't believe in the bible then there is no wrong, just differnt viewpoints. So everyone can be equally right...

That is the fundamental differnce in the stands between truth and non christians, and that is the source of frustration.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   
But even Christians dispute amongst themselves over the meaning of many passages of the Bible.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure to what extent Truth is a "typical" Christian in anyone's eyes save his and his colleagues.
Still -it would seem a touch disingenuous to post on a board such as this and not expect disagreement -from pagans/heathens, agnostics and, I imagine, quite a few who consider themselves to be Christians in accordance with criteria that they would consider equal to if not better than any Truth has presented.
The white heat of debate/take up thy cross/consider the early saints and martyrs -or words to that effect.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Estragon you are right. You can't argue people in to the truth, just present what you believe and answer their questions on it.

I think with this is the expectation that you are going to cop some flack and be prepared for it.

But i totally understand Truths situation, you get tired of trying to justify your position with people who may not only not believe the same underlying principles as you do, but in some cases may not even understnad those principles or posess a faulty knowledge of them.

Its like Paul said trying to teach meat, when the people are still at the milk stage...

.... I gave up
more power to Truth for persevering...

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 11:56 PM
link   
NC the idea that I am asked to stop posting information relevant to an issue in a conspiracy site is at best unusual.

Christian society is not perfect and as the board topic relates "Does God play a role in the conspiracy?" Of course your going to have people come here and say yes it does. Not only that but they are going to cite Christianity as well, in relation to potential causes of conspiracies. That in response a Christian states "well its apparent that this person who makes this allegation about "us" is possessed by a demon or may even be a Satanist." Brings to mind the efficacy and or the point of suggesting at a conspiracy site the question in the first place.

I am not a Satanist, NC and neither do I feel I am promoting the evil ones plan to take over the world. To be honest my personal faith and its basis is derived from an
emphasis of Jesus as a Mystic (in fact an extremely powerful one). And as far as why I feel this way, well its related to my personal faith. I did not come and by the same token, I have not placed an expectation upon others' who are here. That they should accept my version of Christianity as the word of God. This despite the fact that my background and upbringing does state otherwise. My impressions is that if that was my goal, I should seek out sites in (for instance) the Toltec web ring.

This is not to say that in relation to defending one personal faith. With regard to its involvement in conspiracies the fervor and opinion is not relevant. Religion and Spiritualism by its very nature is a subjective discussion. One which attempts to Acertain an objective definition (ultimately). And I agree this site puts a burden on individual belief and faith. Ultimately is that not a fundemental purpose of this board?

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Nice Hyper-cube Toltec.
I've been reading about them lately.
are you actually interested in them or did you just like the image, if its the former, do you know any good resources.

Cheers.

Lupe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join