It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media - Ironic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just kind of thought of this while I was looking through lots of threads. I thought it was funny that I see at least 20 times a day on this site that the media is corrupt, or government-controlled and you shouldn't trust what they say. Why is it, then, that half of the threads on the site are based entirely off news reports, and most of the time when someone brings up and unbelievable statement, they are asked to support it with some type of media documentation or proof? Seems to me that's kind of contradictory. What do you guys think about it?

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yeah I see what you mean. I think the info they provide is supposed to come from credible (credibility is often a matter of opinion) sources that aren't part of mainstream media. If that makes sense

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think what they mean is that the majority of Americans get their information from CNN, Fox, ABC, Washington Post, NYTimes etc etc etc....

These are all privately owned by people who have direct ties to the powerful elite as well as direct ties to high positions in our government. Thus, anything you hear from those sources are most likely only what the government wants you to hear. (This is just my personal opinion).

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I understand what y'all are saying. Unfortunate that those same people seem to own multiple different types of media. I was displeased to discover how much of the tv we see is owned by Viacom.

top topics

join