It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine has made a poor decision

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No you wouldn't hide behind a vest or an ak-47 just a computer keyboard and a Cable modem. You are American? Im embarrassed. Nothing worse then an internet tough guy threatening and throwin out hate anonymously.
Good luck in your endeavours. Maybe you will find some 12 year old arab kid that you can take it out on one day.

obviously pie-man, you missed the whole logical point of my statement. why would anyone say something so foolish? one day arabs and muslims will have the power bla bla bla? you don't have the power now? or you don't have the courage? simple point. and no i'm not hiding behind a modem, nor was i expressing any hate, i was simply asking why evryone around the world HATES the american public or any public population for that matter when current circumstances show that we are obviously no longer in control of our government. i want to stress that to the arab/muslim world, hate our government not our people. and as far as you being embarrassed that i'm an american, wtf? nothin like an internet wannabe genius tryin to throw insults out @ someone he's never had the pleasure or displeasure of meeting.don't be so quick to judge.you don't know me. and lastly all i can say is this: you don't like my honesty of what i would say tome coward saying to my face, oh well. don't read my post and move on.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How can you say you want peace, and then say your not going to negotiate. Wasn't Arafat a terrorist? The point is that the Palestinian people elected hamas and they said they will negotiate. If Israel won't negotiate then they obviously don't want peace. They want war.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted by NeoQuest: “How can you say you want peace, and then say your not going to negotiate.

That was the United States and Israel’s knee jerk reaction to the Hamas win. I think Hamas has said it would respect any prior agreements made by the Palestine Authority.

Wasn't Arafat a terrorist?

Yes, but that was 30 years ago. Then is then, now is now. Besides, “One man’s terrorist is another man’s hero.” Haven’t you heard that? We’re not talking nursery school, we’re talking hard life and death politics.

he point is that the Palestinian people elected Hamas and they said they will negotiate. If Israel won't negotiate then they obviously don't want peace. They want war. [Edited by Don W]

Agreed. And the United States is backing Israel, 200%.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   

People should refrain from calling other people names and instead, file a complaint.

But it is ok for Nephx to insult a whole relegion and nation by using the same words the iranian president mentioned in his speech, I remeber that western world made a big fuss about it and accused him of being racist, anti-semitic...etc,

I guess you have forgotten that Mr.nephx has no need to say such about Israel, being that an Iranian President has already done it for him?

I think the Iranian president is following the steps of Israeli peaceful great leaders, let me quote:

As David Ben‐Gurion put it in the late 1930s, “After the formation of a large army in the wake of the establishment of the state, we shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine.”

Ben‐Gurion wrote in 1941 that “it is impossible to imagine general evacua tion [of the Arab population] without compulsion, and brutal compulsion.”

or as Prime Minister Golda Meir famously remarked that “there was no such thing as a Palestinian,”

See the Israeli leaders deny even the existence of palestinians. I am confused, how can someone deny another human being his existence? so don't blame the iranian president or hamas , when they call for wiping out Israel, it's a reaction, plus he explained what he meant by that. to wipe out israel off the map and transfer the jewish state from middleeast to germany , where the real criminals who committed the holocaust should pay. not arabs and muslims.

I noticed that Israel has yet to "kick" his "butt" and "destroy" him, his "family," and his "future." Let me know when they do, I would consider lending a hand.

seekerof

I wish you would've been so brave, (when Golda Meir and Ben‐Gurion declared, planned and implement the distruction of whole nation durind the last 50 years) and kicked their butts and destroy them, or your heart can't allow you touch one hair of (chosen people) heads.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

BRING IT ON!!!

your arab and muslim governments are controlled by the same entities the american, european and israeli governments controlled by. so why hate and blast the average people? all you retards in the middle east don't realize 1 vital fact:almost none of us americans trust anything our government/media says or does. so why do you blame us for what is out of our power? i'd like to see an arab or muslim say something so foolish to my face and see what would happen.i'll tell you this, i'd just take it to ya right there, 1 shot from a fist and a few from my feet.

See, this attiude of fools that makes me blame americans, you can't intimidate me or any muslim or arab by threatning us with your fist and feet. your arrogance , naivity and stupidity, throw you every 10 years in a quagmire (vietnam, gulf war, afganistan...etc.). Ok you occupied Iraq in 15 days, but for the last 3 years , you couldn't control a bunch of iraqi resistance fighters and every day, 3-10 american soldiers are killed by them. terrorism increased in the region, security decreased. so what america accomplished by occupying Iraq. US accomplished only, Israeli goal- destoying Israeli nemisis (Sadam), Israelis don't care if more than 200,000 iraqi civilians were killed by americans, or 1 million iraqi child were killed by the american embargo on iraq for more than 10 years, or if more than 5000 american soldiers were killed.

I wouldn't hide behind an explosive vest, AK-47, or a religion, i'd just take it to ya right there, 1 shot from a fist and a few from my feet. arab/muslim population=world of cowards.

I quote from: ( THE ISRAEL LOBBY AND U.S. FOREIGN POLICY - PDF)  by  John J. Mearsheimer
 and Stephen M. Walt .

Google Cache
In fact, this argument is not a compelling moral justification either. 
 Palestinians have used terrorism against their Israeli occupiers, and their willingness to attack innocent civilians is wrong.  Th is behavior is not 
surprising, however, because the Palestinians believe they have no other 
way to force Israeli concessions.  As former Prime Minister Barak once admitted, had he been born a Palestinian, he “would have  joined a terrorist 
organization.”   Finally, we should not forget that the Zionists used
 terrorism when they were in a similarly weak position and trying to obtain
 their on state.  Between 1944 and 1947, several Zionist organizations 
used terrorist bombings to drive the British from Palestine, and took the 
lives of many innocent civilians along the way. 
 Israeli terrorists also murdered U.N. mediator Count Folke Bernadotte in 
1948, because they opposed his proposal to internationalize Jerusalem. 
 Nor were the perpetrators of these acts isolated extremists: the leaders of the murder plot were eventually granted amnesty by t he Israeli 
government and one of them was elected to the Knsset.  Another terrorist
 leader, who approved the murder but was not tried, 
was future Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir.  Indeed, Shamir openly argued 
that “neither Jewish ethics nor Jewish tradition can disqualify 
terrorism as a means of combat.”  Rather, terrorism had “a great part to 
play … in our war against the occupier [Britain].”   If the Palestinians’ 
use of terrorism is morally reprehensible today, so was Israel’s reliance 
upon it in the past, and thus one cannot justify U.S. support for Israel on 
the grounds that its past conduct was morally superior.

You said that "arab/muslim population=world of cowards" .

your statement reveals how naive are you. and how ugly and dark your sentiments against arabs and muslims, you really need therapy. I know now for sure how bush could win the elections, and how jewish americans and zionists can fool you and make you believe their lies.

[ModEdit: added external source tags and links]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/25/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Okay lets say i didnt have a problem with Iran and their nuclear goals..

Lets say I thought that Isreal and Palestine should learn how to share..

Now.. Do Muslims still hate me for these beliefs?? YES!

Stop trying to covince me that im some sort of "silly american", the problem with Iran and Palestine is that religion and politics are tied too closely together. Doing this causes a reaction to everything because you feel the need to do the right thing for god.

Do the right thing for humanity, start studying science and keep your faith to yourself. In my opinion Isreal and Palestine should both be whiped out so dont assume that my only beef is with Muslims. My beef is with the religious community as a whole. Religion is the poison of civilization

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The Palestinians elected Hamas to be their government because Fatah have grown to be very corrupt, and the Palestinians wanted a change.

The only viable opposition was Hamas, which is known to the Palestinians for providing health programmes to the Palestinians and social welfare.

The Popular Front For The Liberation Of Palestine was another opposition party, but their popularity has decreased.

You may not like Hamas, but the Palestinians voted for them and on a democratic model.

They did not vote for them because of Hamas's political rhetoric regarding not accepting Israel as a state, because it certainly takes more than that to be a viable electoral entity, but because they appeared as being non corrupt and connected to the people, whereas Fatah have lost their connection, in particular Arafat.

With the moderate Fatah, no ground way was being made with the Israelis, and Hamas have thus been given a chance.

If The Palestinians are left to be isolated by the likes of the EU and the US for exercising the model of democracy by making their choice that they were encouraged to do by the EU and US in the first place, if they are punished for not 'choosing the right party' for voting 'wrong' then I say that quite frankly that Palestinians will fall under the influence and shall open their ears to Iran, Syria, multi-millionaire and billionaire Saudis and so forth with radical ideas.

Palestinians will stop listening to the US and EU, they will feel themselves abandoned, and the multi-millionaire and billionaire Saudis, the Iranians and Syrians will say "Don't listen to those westerners, they don't care.....now listen to us....we'll look after you."

Already the battle to ensure Palestinians see the West as friendly and trustworthy is under way. The winner of this battle may mark the future of The Middle East foe decades to come.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
i honestly think that hamas was elected because the palestinians are so desperate for change and liberation that they'll elect whoever promises change

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I feel that Hamas took Israels actions as a sign of weakness rather then a peace offering.

Until Hamas puts their militant face away, the problem will not resolve.

Rockets or tanks or retaliation of any type inflames the situation.

Make Palestine Sovereign. The minute any group attacks and is not instructed by the Sovereign state, then action should be taken as though they are terrorist.

If the Sovereign state attacks under a sovereign veil, well then, they will get what they are provoking. Only It should be done UN style.

If Palestine cannot control its people, then someone will come and control them.

A History Lesson in Xerxes for the Muslims...and a reminder of Right as decreed by Xerxes.

Now write another decree in the king's name in behalf of the Jews as seems best to you, and seal it with the king's signet ring—for no document written in the king's name and sealed with his ring can be revoked."

The king's edict granted the Jews in every city the right to assemble and protect themselves; to destroy, kill and annihilate any armed force of any nationality or province that might attack them and their women and children; and to plunder the property of their enemies.

King Xerxes imposed tribute throughout the empire, to its distant shores. 2 And all his acts of power and might, together with a full account of the greatness of Mordecai to which the king had raised him, are they not written in the book of the annals of the kings of Media and Persia? 3 Mordecai the Jew was second in rank to King Xerxes, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews.

Peace

"For I awoke from a dream, and I heard a name. The name was Xerxes"

MCM

[edit on 16-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
why shouldn't the nation of palestine fight against an occupying force?

the palestinians have every right to self defense
sure, i disagree with their tactics
but they have the right to defend themselves from an occupying force

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Israel and Palestine have a historical opportunity to set a benchmark of peace if they can pull it off.

The ceasing of violence towards one another and the acceptance of each other, even if the borders arent exaclty as each wants them to be should be ratified.

That random violence by either side should not be tolerated. If its sovereign acts of violence on either side, then each should have to answer to the UN. If that government continues violence against any country, then they will be removed. If they refuse to step down, then the Government should be removed forceably by a multinational force.

If that Government was provoked, or was defending itself, then it needs to take that action up with the UN.

In other words, Tolerance of Violence at random by any country would not be tolerated. In doing so, it would warrant unilateral mobilization of International forces that would resolve the issue.

This type of a policy prevents governments such as the United States from doing as we have or others from imperialism or expansionism.

Human rights violations, starvation, and other issues withing 3rd world countries would also be reasons to step in..

Its high time that Mankind start stopping the bleeding. Both of pollution of the earth, War, and stopping famine altogether.

The path towards this understanding is for Christianity to understand Christs ways to the fullest extent and for adopting his New Command as a way of life for all man.

Peace

[edit on 17-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 17-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join