It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus: Predictions of World War III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've been interested in the prophecies of Nostradamus for awhile now and thought that through all his quatrains, there had to have said something about World War III. I came up with a list of his writtings that may (or may not) speak of WW3, and I was wondering if anyone would like to give their interpretations of these predictions.

"From brick to marble, the walls will be converted,
Seven and fifty peaceful years:
Joy to mankind, the aqueduct renewed,
Health, abundant fruits, joy and honey-making times."

"Of beyond the Black Sea and of the great Tartary,
A king comes who will see Gaul,
Piercing across Alania and Armenia,
And within Byzantium hw will leave his bloody rod."

"For seven days the great star will burn,
The cloud shall make two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff changes country."

"When those of the arctic pole are united together,
In the East great dread and fear:
Newly elected, supporting the great trembling,
Rhodes, Byzantium with Barbarian blood stained. "

These are just a few that I, and a few others, found interesting. Please, if you have more, or any interpretations of these writtings, share them.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nostradamus is a tough one you know... usually his predictions don't come to light until after the event ... and even then the language which he wrote his prophesies are like trying to decode the writing on the egyptian walls

I do think he was psychic, I do think his predictions come true ... it's just so tough ... why did he have to write them out like that! Translations are sometimes found false ... and sometimes it's proven that tranlations are altered to "stretch" to match an event ...

know what I mean?

Did you happen to catch a program after 9-11 with this guy with a beenie on his head talking about Nostradamus' predictions of 9-11? that was a good show, but it goes to show you how he stretched very far with his own interpretations when it came to "the third anit-christ"

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Westcoast,

He wrote them like that for a reason and it was treason, they would have burned him at the stake for prophesizing at that time.The Christians would have burned him for being a demon or witch or heretic.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Westcoast,

He wrote them like that for a reason and it was treason, they would have burned him at the stake for prophesizing at that time.The Christians would have burned him for being a demon or witch or heretic.

Are you sure about that? That view may be the easy way of explaining it, but how does how he write it make it any less of a prophecy, I mean you could at least leave a translation manual. At any rate there were a number of people who had their own prophecies in middle age europe.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrmidon
"Of beyond the Black Sea and of the great Tartary,
A king comes who will see Gaul,
Piercing across Alania and Armenia,
And within Byzantium hw will leave his bloody rod."

Tartary is what would've been something like russia at the time. Gaul , france. Alania, the allans were a tribe or barbarians (supposedly with blondish hair but 'almond' shapped eyes) from central asia. Armenia is, armenia.
Byzantium is Constantinople. Er I mean Istanbul.

When the great pontiff changes country

A ponitif is latin for bridge builder. Great pontiff would be something like 'pontifex maximus'. The first inclination would be to reference the pope,who's a pontif. But it seems unlikely that there is going to be a new pope anytime now. In rome, Pontifex Maximus was the cheif preist of the state, with oversite over lots of reliigous holidays, the first roman emperor assumed the title to reinforce his rule. So, it could be taken about a dozen ways.

Newly elected, supporting the great trembling,
Rhodes, Byzantium with Barbarian blood stained

These kinds of things show that nostradamus is just useless. Rhodes used to be an important trade center, with maritime focus. Byzantium is modern constantinople. Rhodes isn't important anymore. Could he have meant another city that has strong trade through shipping? Maybe, but why say Rhodes then? I can see him saying 'iron cages' when he has a vision of tanks perhaps, but, if he saw NYC, lets say, then he'd call it Rhodes? Doubtful. He's probably talking about..Rhodes. Which isn't important today.

The Christians would have burned him for being a demon or witch or heretic.

Thats strange, consdiering he was known in his own lifetime as a great fortune teller and seer.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Something that came to mind about all this was the translation itself. I mean considering, like you've all said, that the way he writes it is like Shakespearian blow back, it makes it even more vague, and even more so these days that we don't know how to take it the right way. Being that it is vague, there can be many ways to interpret something. The only one that got me was the seven and fifty years of peace, which could easily be the gap of time between the end of World War 2 and 2002, which was roughly the time the war on terror started. It was that war on terror that initially started all this really. And the pope did change since then.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
^Very very interesting thought about the peace gap!

when I heard about that "prophecy" I kept thinking future, future ... not thinking about the past 50 years ...

nice thinkin'!

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
that wouldnt be the peace gap....are you forgeting desert storm, korean war, and vietnam?

top topics

join