It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder arrested at White House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Why did they say he was wearing ragged cloths??

It probably came from an early report of what was going on.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
post 911, no one should be able to scale the fence of THE White House...what if he was a suicide bomber and blew up the agents that got him on the white house lawn....how confident would you feel about our security against terrorism?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
He was definitly looking distraught.....But anyone in there right mind after scalling the White House fence would be...

It will be cool when we find out what his deal was....

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Just a simple case of someone who's had it.

More to come.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I agree, this was not a crazy-man. This is a man who is fed up with what is going on. I also think this is not the last time we'll see someone scale the fence. This could be the start of something bigger. But it might not be. We'll all just have to wait and see how this plays out. I hope we get to hear the guys side of the story. Does anyone think we will hear what he has to say or will the media just put the story on the back burner?

[edit on 9-4-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

...what if he was a suicide bomber and blew up the agents that got him on the white house lawn....how confident would you feel about our security against terrorism?

Fine then we would just shoot everyone that got past the fence, I’m fine with that. Again, I was surprised by the restraint of the SS.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Fine then we would just shoot everyone that got past the fence, I’m fine with that. Again, I was surprised by the restraint of the SS.

I agree... Imagine if there were no cameras around. I have an interesting story about SS snipers and my encounter with them, but this isn't the place.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So it's post 9/11.. does that mean we have super security guards and people can't climb fences anymore?

I know some people will think this is something amazing and couldn't have happened because that website said there are mines and death rays that pop out of the ground when a specific amount of pressure is felt on the lawn of the White House.

Yeah, yeah.. the REAL world is a little more boring.

The secret service and security around the White House are just made up of normal people. They don't have special powers that prevent something like a guy getting over a fence. They were probably pretty shocked because this stuff doesn't happen everyday.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yep. Sounds about right. Snapped - couldn't take it. Plain-broke. No one can be sure but this sort of thing is bound to become more frequent as the stress level is ratcheted-up and up and up some more. Globally, Joe and Judy Average from Akron to Zimbabwe are being basted in a marinade of stuff that they shouldn't be required to deal with... or so we are led to behave? Heh. One hot day this summer previously normal people could "start-going-off" in number and what would we do? My guess is not much - Pavlovian Response. The Tabula-Rasa are programmed but not de-bugged yet - there is still hope.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Its about time those guards earn their pay isnt it?

I mean its not that often they get to see any real action

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Those secret service uniformed divison guys are badasses!!! That one guy got bitten in the arm, and he didn't even flinch!! And then did you see how quickly the dog got pulled back? That takes serious strength. Anyway I don't care if he was voicing his first amendment rights, he has no right to walk onto private property like that no matter what bad stuff the government is doing.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
Those secret service uniformed divison guys are badasses!!! That one guy got bitten in the arm, and he didn't even flinch!! And then did you see how quickly the dog got pulled back? That takes serious strength. Anyway I don't care if he was voicing his first amendment rights, he has no right to walk onto private property like that no matter what bad stuff the government is doing.

Firstly, the White House isn't private property. And the dog only got a piece of the officer's shirt, and the officer was all pumped on adrenaline to even feel it til later. But good job, luckily it was just a "harmless" citizen and not someone who really meant business.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is further proof that we are not living in a NWO type society. If we were, this man would right now have no head. This man did not breach White House security, he got 5 feet inside the fence before the SS with SMG's were on him.

He may very well have an issue, but this is not the way to go about it. He could have widowed his family if he is true in stating that he has one. This is not a 1st Amendant rights issue.

What is strange, is that after the takedown, ALL of HIS audio is gone. You can hear everything else, which means that this has been edited out. I would very much like to know what he was stating when on the ground, and at the end of the tape. He seemed to be stating he wanted to help which is something that protesters generally do not do.

That SS guy was like a statue, even when the dog bit him. This man was very lucky and I hope he gets to voice his opinion, and he gets some help.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

nwitimes.com...
Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren identified the man as 40-year-old Brian Lee Patterson, whose last known address was in Albuquerque, N.M. Patterson has been caught trying to get onto the White House grounds at least three times before, Zahren said.

The article states he cut his hand on the fence and that he has a court order already stating that he can have no contact with the White House. He has tried this at least 3 times before.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike

The White House was never intended to be private porperty. Here me out I am a history major I love talking about this stuff.

In the 1800s, there were policemen at the White House. Most of the time they were doormen who did not wear uniforms but they watched for any signs of trouble and kept their weapons in a closet nearby. Much of the time, visitors could walk on the White House lawn and come into the house to see the president. Some even tried to talk to the president without an appointment.

One first lady became nervous about all the people wandering around her yard. Frances Cleveland, the youngest first lady and wife of President Grover Cleveland (1885-1889 and 1893-1897), was also the mother of the only child of a president to be born in the White House. Esther Cleveland was born on September 9, 1893. She had two other sisters — Ruth and Marion — who lived with her in the White House. Americans sent gifts to the sisters, and sent advice to their mother on how to raise them! One day, little Ruth was on the White House lawn with her nanny. A crowd of curious visitors surrounded them and one of them picked up Ruth and passed her around to be hugged and kissed by these strangers. Mrs. Cleveland saw it all from a White House window. She was so frightened that she ordered that the south lawn gate be closed to visitors. The Clevelands decided that their children would not be available to the public again.

After a gunman killed President William McKinley in 1901 while he was in Buffalo, New York, security tightened at the White House. Uniformed policemen and Secret Service agents in street clothes guarded the White House and the president. In 1917, the decision was made to protect every member of the first family, including the children.

It was the threat of an attack on the White House during World War II that changed things for good. After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, new plans were made to protect the president, his family, and those who worked in the White House. Guard houses were built at the corners of the lawn. No one was allowed in the White House without an appointment. You could no longer walk up to the front door and ask to see the president. There would be no more strolling on the lawn on a pretty spring day. Today, the Secret Service and military guards are at the White House at all times.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We really need to find out what this man had to say. He could be a crackpot, or it could be something really important. Strange we couldn't hear the audio, when the camera was only 20 ft away or so. Please keep us updated if you find anything on his message.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brohaculo
We really need to find out what this man had to say. He could be a crackpot, or it could be something really important. Strange we couldn't hear the audio, when the camera was only 20 ft away or so. Please keep us updated if you find anything on his message.

I noticed that too, When the camera angle switched and the guy was being picked up off the ground and walking away you could no longer hear what he was saying. The strange thing is, you can hear the reporters.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It was a time in history when We the people were the ones in charge in our nation.

It was a time in history when if you had grievance against the president you were welcome into the white house lawns to express your opinions.

Now is called Trespassing, act of terrorism and treason.

Did 9/11 did that to us We the people or we just have let our political leaders tell us what we can and no do anymore an to what extend we are allowed to protest and express our disappointments or even ask permission to walk in the same lawn that we the tax payer pay to maintain.

How sad our nation has become.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe in 1906, but not 2006. You do not jump the White House fence, you start a website.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It was a time in history when if you had grievance against the president you were welcome into the white house lawns to express your opinions.

Times have changed Marge, and we certainly don't live in a perfect world. In a perfect world you could come and visit the President anytime you want and everything would be fine and dandy. However if we tried the same in today's world I’m willing to bet that by visitor ten something would happen. Things just aren't the way they used to be, I thought you were a champion of changing with the times Marge?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join