It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushroom Cloud Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream with a mushroom cloud in it.

This won't surprise anybody who reads my posts on ATS, but in fact, I can remember only one other dream where I saw nukes go off, but that one was very different from this. [BTW I recall a lot of my dreams. The most frightening recurring thing I see in my dreams are dark-grey, five-hundred foot diameter tornadoes on the horizon. Tornadoes appear in my dreams regularly, but nukes, never.]

CONTEXT: I was looking out a sliding glass door into the backyard of a house (small backyard w/ fence. Then, at a distance of maybe a mile or so away, I saw a huge mushroom cloud rising. No sound, no bang, just the cloud.

At first I thought, "Oh, well it's probably just a regular explosion" but the cap rose past and then I saw the stalk of the cloud, and updrafts rushing to balloon the cap of the cloud out. Also, the cap was rising so high, and expanding so fast, that it seemed after a minute to be like an umbrella over the house I was in.

I wasn't really afraid although I knew it was pointless to run, but I was afraid for my friends inside the house, who I sensed would panic and not know what to do. I felt myself preparing to comfort them as we died together. I don't know why the desire to flee didn't enter, but I was certain there was no hope.

Weird how dreams are, eh? I just wanted to mention it and see if anyone has had any similar dream imagery.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have had a simular vision. I started having visions about 6 years ago?

I call them day visions, or night visions..as I am always awake when I have one, unless it's a dream... then I call it a dream...

This was a day vision, and I saw (just like I was watching it on a big screen TV) a huge mushroom cloud off in the distance. Fire was all around, but there were these black sillouettes of people walking around unharmed by the fire. I asked God "Who are these people?" And I heard...."you are walking in the fellowship of the saints"

Weather these people were in the flesh, or in the Spirit....I do not know???

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have them regularly. But, I also enjoy watching Terminator 2 and Battlestar Galactica mini series. So, thats probably why. Did you watch anything with nukes in it?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Did you watch anything with nukes in it?

No Firefly, I don't like Sci-Fi. I just get visions from God periodically. I've had some pretty troublesome things that I've seen, or heard, or been told. When I have a vision, it's just like I'm watching it on a Big Movie screen,

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Greetings...

I actually had posted a dream here of what I saw to be a mushroom cloud: www.belowtopsecret.com...

God Bless

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I have them regularly. But, I also enjoy watching Terminator 2 and Battlestar Galactica mini series. So, thats probably why. Did you watch anything with nukes in it?

Yeah, I've seen T2 many times and all that. No, I didn't see anything prior to the dream with a mushroom cloud in it. I've been playing Shattered Union a little, and the cutscene from the game does involve a nuke in it, so maybe that was on my mind. My reason for this thread was just to throw this out there because it's reasonable to assume that if an event is impending, people might have premonitions about it. Of course, I'm always aware of nuke war and concious of it even in the back of my mind, so if that were all it took, I'd have a lot more dreams with nukes in them, but they do not come. This was a rarity.

Oh well, it's probably just a dream.

DearWife Said: I actually had posted a dream here of what I saw to be a mushroom cloud: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thanks for that, DearWife. Sounds similar to my dream, but then I guess it would be similar since a giant huge mushroom cloud is not going to look much different in one dream or another.

I do believe that the dreamworld provokes the real world into action. I do have very vivid dreams and semi-good recall of them. They are never nightmares though, even this one had me feeling calm and prepared for death or the end of the dream (maybe I was semi-lucid and that's why I wasn't afraid?) so it's not a nightmare. I never have nightmares. Dreams to me seem like movies where I am always the star, and nothing can harm me. Do you folks feel this way or is it more common for adults to have a ratio of good dreams to nightmares like 80% good and 20% bad? Not sure what others' experiences are.

jensouth31

posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:12 PM
I have had a simular vision. I started having visions about 6 years ago?

I call them day visions, or night visions..as I am always awake when I have one, unless it's a dream... then I call it a dream...

This was a day vision, and I saw (just like I was watching it on a big screen TV) a huge mushroom cloud off in the distance. Fire was all around, but there were these black sillouettes of people walking around unharmed by the fire. I asked God "Who are these people?" And I heard...."you are walking in the fellowship of the saints"

Weather these people were in the flesh, or in the Spirit....I do not know???

Interesting JenSouth. "Walking in the fellowship of saints"... Hmmm. I wonder why the saints were black sillouettes? Were they backlit or something and that's why you couldn't see detail? Very interesting! Tell me more since it sounds like this is a common dreamsign for you.

My dreamsigns (things I see often in my dreams) are much more boring and usual. Things like computer monitors, childhood toys, past friends are things I see in almost all my dreams. I trained myself to become lucid by watching for them. But for me, nukes are rare in the dreamworld. Maybe I could become lucid and try to conjure one up.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have a question for you. Were you alone while looking out the window, or did you get a sense that someone (you couldnt see) was standing beside you.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I have a question for you. Were you alone while looking out the window, or did you get a sense that someone (you couldnt see) was standing beside you.

I was alone, and it was just me who was perceiving what was there. The others behind me (friends, a small number of them) were ignorant of what was going on. When I realized the size of the cloud, and what it implied, I had a strong feeling of needing to inform them, but to do so in a nice way, even though I "knew" we were doomed. There was no where to run.

But this is standard in my dreams because since youth I have had dreams where I was in a "heroic" type of role and I am always active in my dreams rather than reactive. My point is that this type of scenario is not new, and I find myself rallying people, warning people, fighting creatures and winning, etc all through my dreams. It's the image of a mushroom cloud which is rare.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Interesting JenSouth. "Walking in the fellowship of saints"... Hmmm. I wonder why the saints were black sillouettes? Were they backlit or something and that's why you couldn't see detail? Very interesting! Tell me more since it sounds like this is a common dreamsign for you.

They were black sillouettes because the bright fire scene, and cloud behind them. Much like tall douglas fir trees appear pitch black just before total darkness takes over....but the sky is still light enough to see?? I wish I were an artist, I'd draw it. I wouldn't say it's a common dreamsign....I've never had a nuke vision before that or since...nor have I ever visioned of shadowed silloutte people....now people without faces yes, but those are just ordinary nighttime dreams. Now, I don't remember if I said ontop that I didn't know weather they were in the flesh, or the Spirit??

[edit on 23-4-2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I've had dreams with nukes in them. However it wasn't recently. One dream I had maybe over 20 years ago with nukes in it seemed like I was watching the future from a vantage point in space. I saw the light trails of missiles falling down to the Earth and massive shock waves after they hit and the resulting fires and mushroom clouds. Then I pictured the millions of people that were instantly incinerated under several of these attacks and it made me feel a bit sick and depressed just thinking about that. I'm sure there would have been a lot of retaliatory nuclear strikes back in my dream at the offending country but I don't remember the dream I had very much anymore.

I had another dream with a nuke in it but that dream was just a reaction to a book I read. Apparently I didn't like the idea in the book very much.
What was really strange was I could have sworn the explosion seemed so real and I thought I heard the loud explosion after I woke up. However I asked my brother and he didn't hear anything. On the other hand he has slept soundly with a tornado going over the house and he didn't hear anything then either. I was wondering if a loud clap of thunder coincided with the explosion sound I thought I heard but I will never know it appears.

I just remembered another neat parlor trick that involves nukes in my dreams. I don't know where I dreamed this up though.
As a little stunt in a bar, I'm sure I was lucid dreaming slightly here, I performed the following parlor trick in a dream. I believe I said "watch this!" I held out my hand palm side up and created a nuclear explosion and lots of thunder, light, and a corresponding rising mushroom cloud rising up maybe 6 inches or so above my palm. I made it so that the light didn't blind anyone and the noise was just loud instead of deafening and no radiation was released. Then I let it rumble a bit and it was gone. That's my mini nuke parlor trick but I believe I have to be slightly lucid to do it.
I thought it looked really cool.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I saw mushroom clouds in the distance in two dreams from my teens. Then around 20, I had a very vivid one where I was incinerated by a wall of fire that destroyed the house in front of me in an instant before it reached me. I was walking home at night, and saw a satellite split into six parts which all began to descend in a umbrella pattern. When the nearest one reached the ground it went off, and I was done for. My last end of the world dream was quite different, involving the atmosphere dissipating into space, slowly turning the midday sky black, and while all around me was chaos and panic, my fiance and I were lying on the grass, silently, and contentedly gazing into each others eyes, smiling. I had no sense of panic, or fear, knowing full well that it was the end. BTW, I don't think any of these dreams should be given any credibility as being prophetic, and I'll be as surprised as anyone if any of them come to pass. But, if one were to happen, I would bet that it would be the last one that has the best chance.
Dreams can very clearly show the future, of this I am firmly convinced, but, the trick is being able to know which dreams are just dreams and which ones show the future, which is something that I have yet to be able to do.

new topics

top topics

join