It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not build a wall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
personally i don't think the wall could get up fast enough.
i really don't understand why this is even an issue.
this is our country. thousands of illegals come over every day. mexicans, chinese, middle eastern, columbians, and who knows who else. i'm sure a large portion of them are honest hard working people but that means a large number are also dirt bags. thats just how it works.

my question is why can't they immigrate legally?
it make be hard and it may take time but fact is people CAN immigrate here legally.

i know people say that the people trying to cross illegally are trying to get a better life for them and their family. i feel for that i really do. however, just cause they are wanting to come here and trying to come here does not mean they should automatically be allowed to do so.

if you are not a citizen of this country you have no right to reside here. thats why i say build a wall.

life isn't fair. people living in them #ty places in mexico got a bad shake. i can't help that and it sucks for them but thats how it goes. we can't just let them flood in cause things are bad for them.

they want to come here cause it's so great and they spend all this energy and time trying to get here legally or illegally. instead, why don't the thousands of them band together as a people and turn to their countries leaders, their communities and leaders to get things to change. build a democracy like we have instead of just expecting to be able to come over whenever they want.

we can't fix life for everyone.
i was born with degenerating discs in my back. it's painfull and i'm disabled and it sucks. thats the breaks though.

should we go off to africa or some other 3rd world nation and shuttle people back to america cause they would have a better life? of course not.

i'm sure the people in niger and sudan want a better life. only the mexicans should have a better life cause they live closer to our borders?

it just don't add up to me.

instead of putting up a wall to keep illegals out we are just supposed to change the immigration laws cause they are too hard or they take to long.

i'm sure this won't be a popular post but i fell what i feel.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
also i know it is not possible to deport 11 million illegals and i propose we don't even try. i say build the wall. then as the days go by, if the police or feds or whoever happen to arrest 1 or 2 or 5 then shuttle them to the other side of the wall.

if 5 people are arrested and then they run a make on them and 4 of them are legal citizens or resident aliens then they are good. if one comes up as an illegal i say straight away instead of going any further drop his ass off on the mexico side of the wall.

i mean if he was busted for rape or murder then something else might have to be done but if some illegal is busted at 711 for something stupid then ship his ass out. now there is only 10,999,999 left

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The solutions to the illegal immigration problems are just that simple. All it will take is for the President, and congress to grow some, and do their jobs. Instead of kowtowing to their special interest sugar daddies. The age of fuedal lords and ladies is over. It's time for the American people to tell these spoiled children of privalege that it's over.

11 milliaon undocumented workers leave a trail, all it will take is for the government to start working a little harder at it, oops, make that a LOT harder. Yes, catching them all and deporting them will be difficult, especially since there will be more than a few people aiding them.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The solutions to the illegal immigration problems are just that simple. All it will take is for the President, and congress to grow some, and do their jobs. Instead of kowtowing to their special interest sugar daddies. The age of fuedal lords and ladies is over. It's time for the American people to tell these spoiled children of privalege that it's over.

11 milliaon undocumented workers leave a trail, all it will take is for the government to start working a little harder at it, oops, make that a LOT harder. Yes, catching them all and deporting them will be difficult, especially since there will be more than a few people aiding them.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by seagull]

i think the solution is simple. it will just take a little time and money.
if the wall gets built that will certainly stop a huge percentage of illegal traffic. start enforcing the existing immigration laws and as the illegals are picked up on the streets here and there drop their asses off.

over the course of say 5 years the illegal numbers will have gone way down. i doubt it will ever bee 100% solved but we can sure get close.

we not to stop being so pc and just do it. this is our country and there is absolutely zero resons why we can't have a wall that borders this entire country if we so choose.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't think a wall can help.

Like people said, it will take years to construct and they'll still get through.
The solution is heavy enforcment against employers.
Not one business has been prosecuted in years, despite millions of illegals
crossing every year.

If there was anything a kin to the War on Drugs, against the hiring of illegal aliens, 90% of them would voluntarily return home in a couple years.
Without a job, there is no incentive to stay illegally.

$10,000 fine per illegal you hire,
Repeat offenses and the business can be seized and auctioned off.
Serious offenders should go to jail.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I don't think a wall can help.

Like people said, it will take years to construct and they'll still get through.
The solution is heavy enforcment against employers.
Not one business has been prosecuted in years, despite millions of illegals
crossing every year.

If there was anything a kin to the War on Drugs, against the hiring of illegal aliens, 90% of them would voluntarily return home in a couple years.
Without a job, there is no incentive to stay illegally.

$10,000 fine per illegal you hire,
Repeat offenses and the business can be seized and auctioned off.
Serious offenders should go to jail.

i don't completely agree. the wall would take some time to erct and some of them would still get through yes but even if the wall stopped 50% of them. then strict enforcement on the current laws and deporting the illegals that are discovered as they are discovered will work.

i don't think anything will help 100% though.

if 50,000 get through every six months and the wall takes those numbers down to 20,000 every 6 thats one hell of a good start

new topics

top topics

join