It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any planets visible now...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I woke up this morning and I was having my morning cigarette. I looked out the window and saw this bright object in the sky that I have never seen before.

First I thought it my be the moon.... but it's to bright to be the moon... and I'm also guessing too small.

Then I thought it could be reflecting off something, but it seems to be in the sky.

I can only see it through one window in my house because it is blocked by other houses around here. The last time I checked it was still there.

I've seen planets before and that what it looks like to me. Most likely Jupiter. (?)

EDIT- Also it looks like it's dark it the pic b/c I had to turn the brightness all the way down so the camera could pick up the object.

I know there are five planets visible this month... but I thought that was only at night.

I have such a terrible sense of direction that I don't even know where it is... (north, south, east, west, etc.)

Pic

(taken with a crappy camera phone through a closed, dirty window... please forgive the quality)

[edit on 9-4-2006 by _NsayN_]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
could be Venus. its the brightest thing in the sky after dark ordinarily

www.nineplanets.org...

[edit on 9-4-2006 by bretmania]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I cannot get space.com to load for anything for some reason.... My computer is crap.

I think it probably is Venus. This will bug me all day. lol

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Do you know what time it was? That would really help.

Also, if you look very carefully in the Southwest, about 46 degrees away from the Sun, you might just be able to see Venus. It has a magnitude of about -4.2 right now, so on a clear, calm day, you may be able to make it out.

top topics

join