It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers Make the Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There may well be something to this... anyone else notice that just when you are ready to do something outdoors over the weekend, the weather turns to crap?

A lot of tired, disgruntled Americans have decided that we work too much, especially compared to Europeans. Now NOAA says our 5-day workweek creates climate conditions that give us lousy weather almost every weekend�the only time we can enjoy ourselves.
Amanda Onion writes in abcnews.com that after examining more than 40 years of temperature data from 10,000 weather stations, NOAA found that temperature differences between day and night appear to follow a five-days-on, two-days-off workweek pattern. They tried to find out what natural influences might be causing this, such as the lunar cycle, but the only reason they could find was pollution caused by the Monday through Friday workweek.

"There is nothing in nature that should cause these data to be different," says meteorologist Piers M de F. Forster. "So whatever the cause we find has to be something that we're changing, ourselves."

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Interesting. In regards to cars and polution, I have noticed that there seem to be more cars on the roads for a longer period of time during the weekends. The traffic is never as heavy as rush hour of course, but way beyond even what I would call an average traffic day. I have taken weekdays off and it seems like its a virtual ghost town, except for morning rush hour, lunch, and evening rush hour.

Is there any data about industrial polution that is broken down by day? Something that supports this idea?

new topics

join