It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Plans Preemptive Nuclear Strike Against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
According to Pentagon and intelligence sources, the Bush administration plans preemptive strikes against Iran using bunker-busting tactical nuclear weapons. Seymour Hersh, the investigative reporter who broke the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal, also reports in an article appearing later today in the New Yorker magazine that some officers of the joint chiefs of staff, who were unsuccessful in removing the nuclear option from the table, may now be considering resignation.

www.telegraph.co.uk
The Bush administration is planning to use nuclear weapons against Iran, to prevent it acquiring its own atomic warheads, claims an investigative writer with high-level Pentagon and intelligence contacts.

President George W Bush is said to be so alarmed by the threat of Iran's hard-line leader, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, that privately he refers to him as "the new Hitler", says Seymour Hersh, who broke the story of the Abu Ghraib Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal.

Some US military chiefs have unsuccessfully urged the White House to drop the nuclear option from its war plans, Hersh writes in The New Yorker magazine. The conviction that Mr Ahmedinejad would attack Israel or US forces in the Middle East, if Iran obtains atomic weapons, is what drives American planning for the destruction of Teheran's nuclear programme.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a shocking development.

Even I find it hard to believe that Bush, let alone anyone else in the United States, would be willing to consider a preemptive NUCLEAR strike.

If true, we have slipped further down the slope than I could have ever possibly imagined.

God help us all....

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
www.inthenews.co.uk
www.rawstory.com

[edit on 9-4-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If this is true, it is exactly what I've been thinking was going to happen.

Nobody thought it would be possible for our government to be complicit in 9/11. Nobody thought it possible that we would manufacture evidence to invade a soveriegn country on the grounds of terrorism. Who could have imagined that we, the USA, would torture and kill innocent people?

No, this latest step, if true, is not so hard for me to believe at all...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This does not surprise me at all. What would have been surprising is if he didnt want to nuke them.

I think the whole thing is a conspiracy. Think about it. Iran "hid" their nuclear capabilities for 18 some years, and now they came out of the closet, right before actaully being able to get any nuclear weapons, and say basically, "We want to wipe Israel of the face of the earth & we are not creating nuclear weapons...though we almost can"

Now with that statement people say, "See they want to wipe Israel of the face of the earth, so they are lying that they will not create nuclear weapons."

The conspiracy is this. If they wanted to truly wipe Israel off the face of the earth, why on earth would you keep a program secret for 18 years, then tell everyone just in time for them to stop you? Why make it secret to begin with? Plain stupid, not consistent.

What is truly going on? Is it Bushs plan to make an America in Iraq & Iran? Is it some Illumanati scandal to make World War III and bring about the story they want? Who knows.

But again, think.
- 18 year old "secret" nuclear program
- right before they can actually do something (if they really wanted to), they break the years of secrecy...which of course is going to prompt reaction from certain nations to stop them. (So if they really wanted to do something, this is not a logical step on their part)

The point...is that people are sheep and the governments are all in it together doing whatever.

Lets stop destroying one another & love.

Gods peace

dalen

[edit on 9-4-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
This is a shocking development.

Even I find it hard to believe that Bush, let alone anyone else in the United States, would be willing to consider a preemptive NUCLEAR strike.

I think the reporter is getting a little carried away here. I doubt that even Bush would start off using a nuclear weapons, when a series of conventional preemptive strikes would certainly get the message across to Iran that the US/world means business. I likewise doubt the US would make a preemptive strike without concurrence from the UN.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is about the fourth time I've read this article today. Where in the article did it say ANYTHING about preemptive nuclear strikes? They are making warplans, yes, they are makng warplans involving tactical and strategic nuclear weapons, yes, but it didn't say anything about a preemptive nuclear strike.

Even having the warplans makes perfect sense. We KNOW that things are getting closer to the point of us going to war or attacking Iran, so of course we want to have plans in place so that IF it comes, we don't go "You want us to attack where?" and have to scramble to meet the mission.

I completely disagree with using nukes in Iran, but the PLANNING makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If that happens, the US will lose what world support it has left and will legitimise use of nuclear weapons or dirty bombs on US soil in many peoples eye.

If the rest of the world "thought" like Bush, China or NK would nuke the US to prevent them using nuclear weapons 1st.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
At that point everything will go nuts. There will be no need for international support with dozens if not hundreds of nukes flying through the air. It's a Mexican standoff as it is.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Adding this story and source link:

Full Article Link

IRAN had shot down an unmanned surveillance plane in the south amid reports that the United States is planning military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, a press report said today.

"This plane had taken off from Iraq and was filming border areas," a report in the hardline Jumhuri Eslami newspaper said. It added the Islamic Republic "officials have obtained information from the plane system and recordings", without giving any further details.

US publications reported over the weekend that the White House was studying options for military strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities to pressure Tehran to abandon its controversial nuclear program.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Terrorists will nuke the US from the inside, the US wont be able to respond unless they want to start WWIII

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Terrorists will nuke the US from the inside, the US wont be able to respond unless they want to start WWIII

on the contrary, a nuke detonated inside the US will be the catalyst for WWIII but 9/11 would really be the beginning because it is highly possible that we would not be this close to WWIII had that day ended the way it began, peacefully.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Although I agree with Bush for taking the strong stand against terrorists I disagree with his approach. Shouldn't he be trying to build another "coalition of the willing" against Iran instead of flexing our military muscle? If we go into Iran(this does not need to mean a ground invasion) with a smaller coalition than we had going into Iraq I only foresee hard times ahead.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I dont know how some can still be behind all this. It was all a matter of time.

I suppose he is only doing it to protect us. Right?

This is why immigration does not matter, the lies dont matter, congress is on vacation, those caught in blatant lies dont matter.

We are done for. Curtesy of a president named Bush who will protect its people from terrorism at all costs, even if he kills off humanity.

I never experienced such hate before.

I hope God forgives me.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by Flyer

on the contrary, a nuke detonated inside the US will be the catalyst for WWIII but 9/11 would really be the beginning because it is highly possible that we would not be this close to WWIII had that day ended the way it began, peacefully.
Yes we would. Yes we would. Yes we would.
It was planned.
You still dont think it was? You know i respect you, but if it hadnt been 9/11, it would have been 10/29- pick a date.
The puppet wasnt given the presidency for nothing- So much effort with the Diabold, the office set up downtown Washington before the votes were even counted for Bush & Dick

I will NEVER change my mind this was all going to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nothing in the report said anything at all about a preemptive strike, furthermore, Bush administration officials have already come out and said the article is wrong. Moreover, the U.K. foreign secretary has come out and said the report is "nuts". Here is a link to his comments:

news.yahoo.com...

loam the way you have characterized the article, especially the headline is unethical at best.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by Astronomer68]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Full Article Link

IRAN had shot down an unmanned surveillance plane in the south amid reports that the United States is planning military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, a press report said today.

[...]

US publications reported over the weekend that the White House was studying options for military strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities to pressure Tehran to abandon its controversial nuclear program.

Well at lest the Austrailian media is not blowing it way out of proportion as did the Telegraph. They are calling it like it is, just planing.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We can't take the nuculer ball off the table. That nut in Tehran thinks he's the antichrist. He wants to reduce the world to rubble. All the diplomats know this and have been working feverishly toward a peaceful outcome but that is not the only timeline. There is another line that begins and ends with Irans intentions towards Israel and the west and it's ability to render harm. If one line happens before the other a peaceful solution it will be but if Tehran wins the race it may be the end of the world as we know it.

Iran has been at war with the US since the 70's and I always wondered how it was kept up with no accountability? Why should there be piles of rubble everywhere instead of the one place that has demonstrated an insatiable thirst for the blood of innocents? (I mean Iran all you American hatin whacko's!)

To prevent the most destructive instrument known to humankind from being aquired by one of the worlds most unpredictable governments is the primary concern regardless of any sentiment...North Korea makes me nervous enough...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Plueeeze.....

You mean the story got out and its no longer a secret?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
President Bush needs to pressure our allies and the UN to all participate
in whatever it takes to make Iran back down. What if the next 9/11 is
not in the US and happens in Europe.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'd feel better if the toys Bush was planning to use were
the conventional ones.

But hell no. And then ONLY in the event they strike out, and not a moment sooner.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earlybird
We can't take the nuculer ball off the table. That nut in Tehran thinks he's the antichrist. He wants to reduce the world to rubble. All the diplomats know this and have been working feverishly toward a peaceful outcome but that is not the only timeline. There is another line that begins and ends with Irans intentions towards Israel and the west and it's ability to render harm. If one line happens before the other a peaceful solution it will be but if Tehran wins the race it may be the end of the world as we know it.

Iran has been at war with the US since the 70's and I always wondered how it was kept up with no accountability? Why should there be piles of rubble everywhere instead of the one place that has demonstrated an insatiable thirst for the blood of innocents? (I mean Iran all you American hatin whacko's!)

To prevent the most destructive instrument known to humankind from being aquired by one of the worlds most unpredictable governments is the primary concern regardless of any sentiment...North Korea makes me nervous enough...

I agree with you earlybird, I believe the key word to your above quote was accountability and that is exactly what is needed against Iran. That is why we need to get as many other countries to the table as possible. (middle-eastern countries especially) but China and Russia are crucial as well. International pressure can be just as unnerving to Iran as a potential nuclear attack, if done correctly.

With Bush on his heels due to his popularity polls, does he still have the political prowess in the international arena to bring together a strong, legitimate coalition?

I believe he still does if he gets off his hands and goes on the offensive, soon. Bush go with what you are good at, international policy and try to get out of the country a bit more often!

**War is expensive, if the Israelis want to do it(bomb Iran's reactors) let them, we'll get Iraq if they handle Iran. Their intel is better than ours anyways!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join