It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Punishment Does Not Fit the Crime!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
This story is pretty nasty, and I have to get something off my chest.

www.thesun.co.uk...

A DISTRAUGHT teenage girl hit out last night after a thuggish soldier who beat her to a pulp was let off jail. Gemma Gregerson, 19, was battered after refusing to have sex with Paratrooper Andrew Campbell.

The brute — an Army boxer — smashed her jaw, cheekbones and eye sockets, leaving her unconscious and barely recognisable.

But despite being shown the appalling pictures of her injuries, a judge just FINED Campbell, 26.

:shk:

An army boxer. The guy obviously knows how to hurt people. I don't know the details of the case, he could very well be getting framed - I have no idea. I'm going to assume he's guilty as charged, the article claims he confessed to police...

The worst part about this story is not the sentence. It's bad, don't get me wrong. The worst part is, get this: part of his punishment is, he won't be sent to Afghanistan.

That's not even funny! Let me get this straight. If I'm a soldier in her Majesty's armed forces, and there's a war on. I can punch some woman in the eye and pay a 2 thousand dollar fine, and avoid combat?

This is a BAD precedent to be setting folks. Don't get me wrong, I understand the army doesn't want him any more, and you can't blame them for that. But if he's going to avoid getting shot at in service of his country, he should definitely be punished in some other way.

You can't just fine men for beating up and raping women, if that's the punishment rape will become even more of an epidemic than it already is.

How would people feel if it was their wife or daughter in the sights of some bastard willing to pay a fine to have his fun?

:shk:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What?! That is not right at all. That guy should be on death row...jeez. I bet the only reason he is only fined is because the army needs him in battle. Thats not right...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't think that is the case Cojo

From WyrdeOne Source

In fact Campbell WILL be booted out of the Army in disgrace within days, military sources told The Sun.

He will be shamed by a dishonourable discharge as soon as court papers come through to his battalion.

His CO has already barred him from going on a mission to southern Afghanistan with the rest of 3 Para in a few weeks.

A senior Para source said: "We simply don’t want scum like this wearing the maroon beret. He has lost any right to it. Beating up a woman is unforgivable."

I don't know why he is recieving such a light sentence, but it's not to get him back to active service.

[edit on 9/4/06 by Mark Harris]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That guy should be put in prison for a really long time or get sent to Aftghanistan (where the risk is he can just get shot as a service to his country).

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If a civvie court fined this
ape £2000, you can bet his CO is going to do so much more.

He will 'probably' be court martialled under Section 69 of the Armed Forces Act (Army) - 'Conduct Predjudicial'.

He will almost certainly be sentanced to 'not less' than 9 months at MCTC Colchester, where his life will not be worth living. He will, in all probability, only serve 180 days, before being dishonourably discharged.

This is 'not' a lenient sentence. Military nick is never easy. In his case it will be very, very hard. No soft cushy civvie nick time, but hard military punishment.

The DD on his record sleeve will follow him for the rest of his life and will be there for all to see, so others will know what he's done.

new topics

top topics

join