It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the YF-24 really exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by gfad

The YF-24 does exist it looks just like the F-22 to be honest if you seen them next to each other you could never tell which is which

Do you have any links, stories or anectdotes that would lead us down a similar path of belief as you seem to have?
Why or how does the YF-24 look like the F-22? give us details!
Don't just spew one liner crap and expect us to be wowed by your connections or clairvoyance.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
if it looks and performs anything like the stealth in in the movie"stealth" I want one.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey folks after a bit of searching

YF-24 Refuling

I found this nice aircraft page that had a wealth of pics but from the uniformity shown in the other pics on the page I would say this is the real deal.

Joe

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Could this be a designation for an UNMANNED attack vehicle?...not the pic but overall?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Localjoe3

Thats an F-22A Raptor

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
@FredT
I thought it could be but wasent sure he has them labeled as diff planes with diff pics on the page, thanks for the conformation

As well this is real weird

I went through every pic on the page when i made my above post a few hrs ago now when I visit all images are un available except the one I linked.. This isnt normal the error message says yahoo is down for maintenance yet the pic i linked still loads from the page.. try it please this is too close for comfort.

They dont just go down for maintenance and leave one pic available on the page.
Joe

Edit just checked again and the sites pics are back up

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Maybe the yf-24 is acually a false designation for the f-15x originally intended to provide a second option in ase the atf program collapsed, and if this is the casw, then it might have only attained a conceptual status, such as the fb-22.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gfad

Freedom in the beginning and the end through the heavens

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is what I have on the YF-24: It was another Boeing concept a la "Bird of Prey"

and

[edit on 21-7-2008 by HatTrick]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by HatTrick]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Looks like two different airframes, HatTrick. Looks like the bottom nozzle would enable 3D vectoring. Perhaps the top as well, but it's not as clear to me. The top airframe does look quite a bit like the F-22. And the bottom rather like the Bird of Prey. Wish the pics were bigger. It strains my old eyes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Bigger pics.

Weirdly, I got sent those same images when I was doing my searches for boeing concept art in patents ect.

Hope they help your 'old eyes' Del.

Nice looking aircraft to boot.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Perhaps a proof of concept vehicle. No way that gets built as a production fighter. Much too small in terms of payload, range, etc (of course, I thought this about the capability of the F-117). Maybe this is the root of the tailless F/B-22 rumours?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HatTrick

Here may be some more evidence that at least a prototype or RCS test model was built considering where it was photographed at. The profile is NOT an exact match, but is very similar and appears to have similar dimensions.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by crusader97]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by crusader97]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I just met with Michael Schratt on this topic. Totally fascinating about the YF-24. He showed me the original bio of Joseph "Broadway Joe" Lanni and it appeared to have the YF-24 listed. Now on this updated bio online... it is no longer mentioned www.af.mil...

Poof... gone.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I met with Lanni a few times in his office at Edwards years ago but I wasn't able to get him to talk about the YF-24 or the other "classified prototype" that he flew. I have since heard that one of those demonstrators reportedly had a follow-on program. There is no other information available about those aircraft.

Lanni's official bio was altered to remove the interesting tidbits after it had been discussed on various Internet sites such as ATS. That is kind of like "locking the barn door after the horse has left."

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

So just to clarify - you are saying that 1) Lanni confirms that the bio does not contain a misprint and 2) there is at least one manned stealth aircraft program from the mid-90's that led to an operational aircraft?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Lanni's original bio indicated that he flew first flights of two "classified prototypes" during the 1990s. The YF-24 designator was not a misprint. Lanni said he could not talk about it or provide any information beyond what was in his bio (which was very little, indeed).

I have heard from a different source that there was a follow-on program to one of the mystery aircraft. I have no indication that it became operational. It may still be in developmental testing.

For an aviation enthusiast with an interest in black programs, it is tempting to hope that this might follow that pattern of Lockheed's stealth fighter development. In 1977, HAVE BLUE served as a technology demonstrator ("classified prototype") to prove the basic concept. The follow-on SENIOR TREND program of the 1980s produced The YF-117A full-scale development (FSD) airframes and subsequently a fleet of F-117A production aircraft.

Once the F-117A began operations from Tonopah Test Range, public sightings and the need to integrate the airplane into the order of battle made disclosure of the project inevitable. Even so, the Defense Department did not officially reveal the existence of the F-117A until November 1988, nearly seven and and a half years after the maiden flight of the YF-117A at Area 51.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Could the fabled YF-24, actually be the mythical F-19A or F-19B ?

Northrop-Grumman / Northrop-Loral F-19A Spectre
Info about Spectre:
www.defencetalk.com...

F-19A Spectre - Refuling
1.bp.blogspot.com...

Specifications:
Length……………………………………………53ft 6in
Wingspan…………………………………………36ft 8in
Height………………………….…………………..8ft 4in
Max T/O Weight……………………………….34,200lbs
Combat Weight………………………………...26,625lbs
Max Speed……………………….………………..1,550 mph
Cruising Speed…………………….…………..950 mph
Service Ceiling…………………………………235,000ft
Max Ferry Range…………………………………6400nm
Combat Radius…………………………………...1870nm
Armament………………………....4 x AIM-120-W93-SP, 2 x GBU-15, M61 Vulcan, Also capable of carrying Exocet/Sidewinder/Sparrow/Skyflash Missiles.
Fire Control System...................... AN/APQ-125C with
cryogenically cooled infra-red and temporal/magnetic search
and track fire control functions.
Engines…2 x Pratt and Whitney F100 with 27,000 lb thrust each, or 2 x SNECMA M53-P2.
Landing Gear…………………………………F/A-18 Hornet/SEPECAT Jaguar.
Construction…………Cyano-acrylically bonded graphite/
epoxy fuselage and wing, titanium
engine nacelles, Lumispex-coated
canopy, all sheathed by classified
proprietary RAM
Crew……………..1 in D model, 2 in E model.

Lockheed-Martin F-19 (B)
www.fantastic-plastic.com...

This is more of a ghost plane...there is some mentioning about the
Lockheed F-19 CSIRS, even on National Museum of the USAF - Fighter pages:
www.nationalmuseum.af.mil...
But I have yet to see a actuall picture of the plane.
Yes there was a game by Microprose on this plane, but it's stil a "Ghostrider" as Tom Clancy called it :-)

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
F-19 was a testors model, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Could the YF-24 (or its potential follow on) be a replacement for the EF-111? Just a thought, but the last EF-111's were phased out in 1998. This would fit with the timeline of Lanni's "first flight" and the supposed taking over of the EW mission by HARM's and EA-6B's. Consider the possibility of, say, a highly modified F-22 built specifically for the EW mission. It would be built in low volumes, externally identical to the F-22 because EW pods would be "built in" to the weapons bays. The mission would be slightly different from the traditional EW role. This would be geared more towards "spoofing" or disinformation instead of traditional jamming. Thoughts? Could this be done by a single pilot, or would it require a two seat ship?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join