It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

godforsaken jehovah's witnesses!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
lordy i just cant stand these types! theyre everywhere too! theyve shown up in every neighboorhood, at train stations, in parks, and whats worse is in my city there is even a jehovah's witnesses centre, yup a big building full of them.

one time a witness knocked on my door and the minute i opened it he started yammering about being a witness to the truth and so on and i wasnt paying attention untill finally after like 30 seconds he stoped talking and i said sorry im catholic and closed the door.

here is where you can share your opinions or stories of the godforsaken jehovah's witnesses, how have they annoyed you in your life? what do you think of them? im interested to find out.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think that they are just as credible as any other religion. I love it when they come to my door. I get to mess with them, you know, like one time a preacher came to my door so my buddy came up and put his arm around me and he said "cmon, its time to pray to the dark lord!" It was awsome! you should've seen the look on that guys face! Try it. Like answer the door in a gorilla mask or start speaking in tongues while he's preaching. Or, one of my personell favorites, start preaching back! not like any mainstream religion, but like purple monkeyism or something like that. Instead of just getting mad at them, screw with them. Its hilarious!

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
LOL should try it but god they are annoying

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Usually the JWs invariably come around when I have a raging hangover.
Is this Gods way of telling me something or is it strictly coincidence?

I know it's annoying and fun to play mind games with them but actually they are good people, gentle souls, committed to their faith and genuinely concerned for your immortal soul. All of the JWs that I personally know are very nice.

Sometimes it's hard; but I usually try to show a little class and simply say "thanks but no thanks". Usually they turn and walk away; if they don't; it's open season. Rhetorically speaking of course!

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hey, Blackbeard!

I did something similar (though in a less confrontational manner) over in the Mormon thread next door. Sorry, I should have put it here, but I didn't see this one until now. I could have linked the entry, or moved it, except I forgot how to do it...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by edwardteach
or start speaking in tongues while he's preaching

All my Family on my moms side are JW's. ROFL... Do you have any idea how much the tongues would freak them out???? LOL They are also very petrified of demonic spirits..... although i don't blame them there.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just a few weeks ago, early on a Saturday morning as my boyfriend and I were finishing breakfast, his dog needed to go out. We were both in our boxers, and it's HIS dog, so he took her out. Now we live out in the middle of nowhere, and pretty far away from any main road, so we don't worry too much about going outside in our underwear.

He came back in red as a beet and trying not to laugh as he explained to me what happened. Apparently, as he was squatting over to put the dog on her rope, all his 'jiblets' were just hangin' in the wind - then he realized that there was a mini-van full of JW's not 15 feet behind him, getting a full view of all his 'dangling' glory.

I didn't get to witness this, but I'm sure it was amusing.

They did ask him if we were open to letting them witness to us, but he politely declined.

I would have LOVED to see the look on their faces when they realized they were in the home of 2 of those 'evil' homosexuals, that just happen to like hanging out in their underwear on Saturday mornings. I don't know if they would have tucked tail and ran away screaming, or if they would have politely tried to 'convert' us, or if they would have started sprinkling us with holy water in hopes we would start to melt, but I do know one thing - Door to door ministries sometimes prove to be embarassing to both parties.

There's a reason for big expensive buildings we call churches - THAT'S where people go when they want religion, or to change religions, or hear that they're going to hell.

There's a reason for people living in houses out in the middle of nowhere - so they can avoid evangelism, being condemned, and so they can hang out in their underwear on a Saturday morning if they want to.

Trust us JW's, iffin' we want some religion, we'll come to you . . . I guess I think it's more of a "Don't call us, we'll call you" kinda thing to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
At my old apartment I had these Mormons come to my house all the time. I would just tell them that I was not comfortable letting them in my house while I was alone. Suprisingly they respected that and moved on.

It's very interesting to hear how different people deal with JW's and Mormons that preach door to door. However I'd be careful with telling them that you worship the dark lord. I've heard stories where that just makes them think they need to preach at you harder because they think you need it the most.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Do what I did once when anyeone, salesmen, etc come to the door. Open the door when you are completely naked. The look on the face was priceless....lots of red faced stammering ensued, and they politely left.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's a solution:

Go to Chick Publications and order you some tracts that tell the truth about JWs. They're only like 15 cents apiece. Heh--if I had the money I'd buy some myself and have it shipped to you!

Some JW knocks at your door, give them one!

I don't care for JWs. They don't believe that Jesus is God. I'd hardly call them Christian...they're more like a CULT.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey if any JWs come to your door just make fun of them. Who cares right, it's their fault for knocking on your door. Those weirdos, Mormons too. Both freaky.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
When I was a younger man, I would occasionally have a couple of Jehovah's Witness' come to my door. Being a Catholic, I would usually tell them that and I would dismiss them out of hand. I'm sad to say that sometimes I was quite rude (hardly the way a Christian should act, eh? The Jehovah's witness' were always polite in spite of the fact that I might not have been.

Throughout the years, I have had my Saturday or Sunday mornings "disrupted" by a knock at the door. Throughout those years I have always come up with one excuse or another why I simply could not spend the time talking to them. Yet, they always seemed to persist, perhaps they would call it perseverance.

Recently, during one of the coldest days of the Winter, I was looking out my window. I spotted two conservatively dressed men carefully navigating their way along the icy sidewalks. They were carrying Bibles and I could see the top of a pamphlet sticking out of one of their coat pockets. It was clearly a
WatchTower Magazine. The Jehovah's Witness' were coming. I had been up early that particular Saturday morning, I was just sitting around doing the Saturday Crossword with a cup of coffee from a freshly brewed pot of coffee. It was obviously cold outside and I thought, "what the heck? I'll let these guys in. We'll talk religion, the Bible and maybe let them warm up a bit. Why not?" I distinctly remembering thinking that maybe I could even convert them to Catholicism or something. Rather vain of me, eh?

Anyway, I let these guys in and I proceeded to have an absolutely delightful morning. Really. These guys, the Jehovah's Witness', always seem to travel in pairs; one relatively young member and an older fellow. Obviously, one mentors the other as they go about their missionary work.

I don't know if "my" Jehovah's Witness' were, "somehow", different but it just didn't seem that they were trying all that hard to convert me. I thought that I would be verbally pummelled by their religious zeal and fervor. Instead, we drank coffee, chatted about the weather, talked about the state of the world and we agreed that the world would certainly be better off "if we all could just get along."

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. I learned a bit about their faith and some of the tenets. I was surprised to learn that they didn't celebrate Christmas and that Jehovah's Witness' had been persecuted by the Nazi's during WWII. Who knew? I hadn't even imagined German Jehovah's Witness', though the image of "Sgt. Schultz", from "Hogan's Heroes" as a Jehovah's Witness flashed through my mind.

I learned a lot about the Jehovah's Witness' from these two men. We had a good talk and, over the months, a few more. I was taken with the level of dedication that the Jehovah's Witness' demonstrate for their faith.

Now I don't really know if I can call the Jehovah Witness' a cult, though I suppose you could. I'm a Catholic and I've heard fundamentalist Christians call Catholicism a cult so I suppose one could brand any religion a cult if one wanted to. All that I know is that people are people and I have nothing but respect for all peoples and their beliefs' as long as they "do no harm".

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Originally posted by edwardteach
or start speaking in tongues while he's preaching

All my Family on my moms side are JW's. ROFL... Do you have any idea how much the tongues would freak them out???? LOL They are also very petrified of demonic spirits..... although i don't blame them there.

You should try it on them like during thanksgiving dinner or something...and video tape it!! That would be soo funny I bet you would never regret it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Howdy everyone. you have no idea how great it is to hear from those that we have visited. Yes, I am one of those pesky JWs. And let me tell you, we would love it if more people came to their doors in gorilla masks. You have no idea how menial it is to go door to door and hear "I'm not interested" all morning. Spice it up a little!

Anyways. We are nice people. We don't push our religion. We do have a reason for coming to your door, too. Jesus himself in the book of Matthew told his disciples to preach like he did. (I'm at the public library right now, so I can't think of the exact scripture at the moment. Maybe I'll post later when I can). Really, we're reasonable and it would be nice to actually talk to people sometime.

That's all for now. Let's see what you've got to say to that.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
hmm ive never exprienced one myself but my mother has an it upset her really i dont think telling them that your a satanist or atheist is a good thing because then they have a reason to preach to you and can bring you to tears well it did my mother. Another exprience my sister has was she went to a local park to collect rocks and near this park a few jehova witness lived and they decided to come outside and talk to her about their religon ended up giving her a sinner's bracelet and upsetting her also now im sure not all witness's are bad but its a shame that some cant leave people who dont want a religon alone.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
First and foremost, i know this is the rant forum but WTF. JW's are human beings, like muslims, catholics, christians, buddhists. I am not one but my boss and good friend is. His Wife is. His whole family is, and i know all of them well and consider them family. I have even been to, on a few different occasions, some meetings just to quell my uninformed mind. And i suggest everyone pitchin a Bi**h here do the same.

This is a pure bashing thread upon people who have chosen a very slightly different view than ur own. Granted they have some not so kewl views on holidays and stuff like that but come on, arent they all corporate based money makers anyways? All im sayin is walk a mile in your brothers shoes before you pass such harsh judgement.

oxgoad, glad to see someone here to have say from their side. A one sided discussion is no discussion at all. Im not sure how it is at the different halls but most i know are some of the most studious(sp?) of the bible i know. U dont remember the book and chapter of the verse that is the inspiration for ur saturday morning visits? And ur in a library on top of that? Just askin.

Thanx for an informative post benevolent.

Also the local chapters have "do not call on" database that is used. Rude, or people that ask to not be bothered, are not. its just that simple.

Just stating that ive seen threads trashed for less and not happy that its a one sided slugfest.

:bnghd:

[edit on 28-4-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Yeah. Well, I was running late and didn't have time to really even post anything worthwhile. It's true, though. If you don't want us coming back, just tell us and we'll write it down and you won't be called back on. It's that simple.

I guess I sort of made a bad name for us by forgetting the scripture, but yes. From what I've seen and the hundreds of people I've talked to, I would say that we are some of the most studious and informed bible students out there. By the way, the scripture is Matthew 28:19, 20. Also Matt. 24:14.

We aren't a cult. There are over 6 million of us in over 230 'countries and lands' (Alaska is counted as it's own) We are absolutely christian. But no, we don't believe in a trinity. (Maybe do some research into where the idea of the trinity began? Just so you know, it's pre-christian).

Also, you shouldn't trust much of what you hear about us online. We have an officail website. It's watchtower.org.

Out of time again...

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The last experience I had with a Jehovah's Witness I told them that if they didn't get off my property I was going to shoot them then pointed at the shotgun next to the door. After that they would only drive by and put flyers in my paperbox.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well i guess thats better than a polite no thank you, and please dont stop here anymore. /sarcasm

boy those evil JW Ninjas, gotta threaten em with a gun to keep em at bay /more sarcasm

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't cater to most people coming on to my property and trying to "save" me. I guess that the no trespassing signs weren't good enough. I take it that they could probably read considering that they came to give me leaflets. So I don't have any respect for them.
/sarcasm
/sarcasm. Is that supposed to imply something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join