It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can they re-create the events of the world trade center collapses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Has anyone tried re-creating the events of the World Trade Center collapses? Maybe using replica's of the towers on a much smaller scale?

I'm just curious if it could be done or if it hasn't already been done...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I seriously doubt ANY re-enactment or computer simulation would be universally accepted. If the simulation confirmed your beliefs, you would embrace it, if not, you wouldn't.

Human nature at work.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
Has anyone tried re-creating the events of the World Trade Center collapses? Maybe using replica's of the towers on a much smaller scale?

I'm just curious if it could be done or if it hasn't already been done...

Well, I posted a little bit about the idea. The answer is unequivocably YES, it would not be hard to find out (through a simulation) if office chairs and some remaining jet fuel will melt steel. Here's what I wrote:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All we have to do is rebuild five floors of the WTC building. Then, using hydraulics and rigging, etc, we can pressurize the structure such that the five floors of our construction are experiencing the same weight on their supports as they would be in the actual tower.

Then, we splash jet fuel all over, and maybe set off an appropriate conventional bomb (to simulate plane impact), and then after the big fireball, we watch and see how the thing burns.

We would also need giant fans to generate similar blowing fast winds (100mph?) and updrafts. Difficult, but not impossible. Somehow cold winds can fuel a fire? I thought they helped put fires out. In any case, we'd find out what happens.

Our flaming chairs, desks, mannequins, and what have you, will not turn steel to puddled form. At least I don't think so. But really now, is it worth building a five-to-ten story structure and some hydraulics if it prevents WW3 and gives our grandchildren some kind of life? I say let's build the replica and see what happens.

As to how much it would cost to build these five floors? Well, the site below, dedicated to rebuilding the towers, says the following:

www.teamtwintowers.org...

The estimated $15 billion it would take to rebuild, restore and reopen the World Trade Center is just one-sixth of what the U.S. government will spend in one year trying to fix Iraq.

So, 15 billion for two whole towers means we could easily build a pressurized-five floor structure (as described above) with wind simulators for around one billion dollars.

So yeah, a billion dollars would be enough. But then, there is so much resistance in regard to real research about 9/11 that this structure would probably be sabotaged before it could ever be used in an event recreation.

1 bil. would be chump change. I am open to discussion about how easy or hard it would be to build this structure.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You can't really recreate the WTC collapses without first having the original construction drawings released. So, unless those are released, and I don't they will be, then no, you can't accurately recreate the collapses.

But, what you people can do, is try to prove it plausible that the collapses could have naturally occurred. Neither NIST nor any other group has released any detailed description of the collapse mechanisms of WTC1, 2, or 7 without bringing explosives into the picture. So you'd have a problem there, but nonetheless, there are challenges out there for people to try to prove such collapses can naturally occur.

For example, here's the Progressive Collapse Challenge, which challenges anyone to reconstruct a "natural" (no explosives, etc.) collapse out of any materials that will satisfy the criteria listed. The WTC Towers met them all as they fell.

top topics

join