Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ATS: Two Banks Switch Their Wealth

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
JP Morgan and Bank of New York have actually switched their assets, in essence trading the bussinesses they conduct. By doing so they have actually increased each others assets and increased their customer base.

today.reuters.com
Bank of New York will exit a business where it struggled to compete, and instead focus on securities servicing, its main business, and wealth management. The swap more than doubles its trust business, adding 2,400 employees to an existing 1,300, and gives it oversight of $8 trillion of debt in 20 countries.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Eight trillion dollars of debt spread across twenty nations.
I guess I have not searched hard enough, because I cannot find which nations owed this money to JP Morgan, and now Bank of New York. I am also unable to find exactly what interest rates are being charged to these various nations. I am also unable to find out whether the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has even looked over this exchange and approved it. They are American corporations after all and subject to regulatory action.

I apologize but if millions of people as a collective entity across the globe oweing money to individuals whos numbers probably could not fill a high-school gym is not a conspiracy, I can not say what is in this world.

Anyways we should really consider doing something about the future of how credit system and banks operate because 20 nations with $8,000,000,000,000 dollar debt is not just business, it is a humanitarian crisis. If these nations, including America and even some European nations I am sure, are diverting funds for these payments from important sectors we may have higher social and living standards in our own nations.

With that much money it would be possible to invest it all in several small undeveloped third world nations and turn them into prosperous builders of wealth. You could literally make unfertile land fertile with that kind of money. You could build infrastructures and modernize whole cities to acceptable health and educational standards. I assume it could be used to force a discovery of alternative fuels and ease the transition quite smoothly.

Eight trillion probably could not be counted to in a single human life if you were to start at birth (for mathematics sake) until the age of 100.

There is so much good in this world that kind of money could bring to millions of lives, but it is being sent to a small number of wealthy individuals who selfishly deprive humanity to advance itself. Can you imagine if eight trillion dollars were suddenly freed up overnight?

Our nation’s politicians should ask themselves this. "if I were to imprison for life every banker who the modern world owes money to, what would be the consequences?" Our nation’s soldiers take orders directly from the politicians, not the bankers. They do not have standing armies; they do not personally possess weapons of mass destruction which can be used on civilian populations. If we did not owe them money, the politicians would actually be in control of their own lands, not foreign bankers and profiteers. I say do it, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Once they are out of the picture, all corporations will have to yield to the will of the citizens, the are currently under the control and influence of the international banks.

Other than that, I honestly believe some more information about this swap needs to be revealed.

Related News Links:
www.sec.gov

[edit on 4/9/2006 by DYepes]

[edit on 4/9/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I heard about this today and was totally confounded. At first I thought it was your basic merge, but it appears to be something else. Something that is new too me, but may be something banks do all the time?

It caught my attention as more banks merge, consolidate and grow larger and larger.
I remember when National Bank of Detroit was around, the same bank for most of my life.
All of a sudden to was NBD, NA, a merged entity.
Then First Bank.
Bank One.
And, now Chase.

Where will it all end?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
JP Morgan Chase is a publicy traded corporation. I own it. As do millions of other shareholders. so your comment about millions owing a roomfull of people is a bit off. At the last shareholder meeting we did discuss world domination and the big merger with Intergalactic Bank of Z.R. but no other conspiracies were discussed.

now, let's breakdown the deal to get more accurate figures.

JP Morgan Chase gets 338 branches and $8 billion (not trillion) in business loans. ( there's probably a reasonably high loss rate on these loans so the actual received amount when all debts come due could be less than this).

Bank of NY gets $150 million in cash and a business that services debt issues for companies and investors. Sounds like a bond issuing/trading unit. Bank of NY will service the debt issuing and Chase gets to deal with business loans. Both banks are giving up assets that they felt the other bank was better equipped to handle.

JP Morgan Chase stock has been performing incredibly well, paying a nice dividend and growing. Rather than fear the big bad bank, you might want to try making a purchase of some shares. This way you are partaking in the conspiracy.

edited to add another link

quote.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 9-4-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Crakeur,

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.
Mildly off topic, but do you have any insight into why these banks are merging like crazy and doing these swaps?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I see it more as these banks becoming monopolis, this brings more control over the consumers.

Corporate American is becoming the power in the hands of just a few chosen ones.

Scary actually.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I guess I have not searched hard enough, because I cannot find which nations owed this money to JP Morgan

Did your research include the World Bank?

I am also unable to find out whether the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has even looked over this exchange and approved it.

The transaction has been approved by each company's board of directors and is expected to be completed late in the third quarter or during the fourth quarter, subject to regulatory approvals.
R eference

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
well,
someone's gettin over on someone else.....

the thing that jumped out at me was the 9 Trillion "oversight' activity,
which JPM swaped to BoNY

'oversight' does not necessarily mean control or even revenue opportunity
the 'oversight' situation might be like an Accountants' involvement with a 30 Billion Corp. ->
the Accounting gets paid a mere $30 million annually for services- - -
but has an 'oversight' position in that $30Billion Corp...ammounting to great hype & promo, but very little of a bottom-line reward !

i'd actually research more as to why JPM & BoNY 'swapped' much of their businesses Revenue Generating Operations....
i am quite aware that BoNY is the Transfer Agent for many Large Corps. Stocks & Trust activities......
???? why would BNY willingly trade away these Revenue Generators for the JPM portfilios of Revenue Generating businesses??

twists & turns...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It has been seven years since I posted this, and only after a discussion earlier today with a co-worker did I even remember this happening. Anyone want to take a guess as to how this can be connected to the 2008 sub-prime mortgage crisis economic crash dilly???

because it was only two years after this event. There must be some connection. I read in a book written by a rich person that the true cause of economic crashes can be traced to people in power exchanging very large sums of wealth, or it could have been something like that. I believe we as a people should keep an eye out for this kind of activity. There may be a pattern.

The original links, even the one provided by Crakeur have cycled out over time. I will try to find one that is still around.
edit on 6/22/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

Here we are I found one still available.
money.cnn.com...

edit on 6/22/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They are trying cover their tracks.

They cannot hide. Their day of reckoning is upon them.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
~snip~

Eight trillion probably could not be counted to in a single human life if you were to start at birth (for mathematics sake) until the age of 100.

~snip~

I ran the math on this, and it's only possible if one is able to count to about 2,537 every second of one's life for 100 years.

If only 1 number per second is counted, for 100 years straight, one would only reach a measly 3,153,600,000, or roughly 1/3 of what the Fed pumps into the economy each month for the last several years.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That is just staggering. some numbers are just too big to even comprehend. The question to ask is, which banks and other financial institutes acquire after this meltdown. I remember a frenzy of acquisitions and buyouts that year. bank of New York and Citi, who did they purchase during this time???

top topics

join