It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Here Believe in Witchcraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok I'm serious about this, does anyone here believe witchcraft really works? I was interested in the subject a while back but eventually lost interest as I didn't know how to do it. I've always been interested in the paranormal. I find ghosts and UFOs fascinating. I study astrology and numerology and find them both to be very accurate at describing people. I've tried Ouija Boards before but they didn't work for me
. I've always wanted to do spells and stuff but not sure how exactly. Does anyone here know anything about it? Also does anyone have any advice on how to work a Ouija Board?

Cug

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There is a 6 page thread thread about that subject just a few posts down.

here you go
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
HI ProudCanadian!

Yes Witchcraft is real however it functions similarly to the power of prayer, and positive thinking.

It cannot do amazing things like turning a person into a frog, but if you focus on a particular thought hard enough you can effect that outcome.

For instance in prayer, you pray for someone who is down on their luck, and by "chance" their life gets amazingly better.

This is the most basic "magic" that someone can do. It's subtle and it seems small. It also works the same in Buddhism, you chant for positive and positive will happen. In Withcraft you prepare a spell and you focus and recite the spell for the desired outcome.

Now, that is more of an explanation of "Magic". Witchcraft in itself is the magical and religious prayer equivalent of Witches.

If you want to learn more about witches, do a web search on modern witches or Wicca. That is only a start because like religion "Witches" have many different branch faith's. Sort of like Christianity, Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, etc.

I hope in its most simple explanation, this is helpfull. I also don't assume to speak for Witch's in general and their specific beliefs.

Blessed Be, and Merry Meet, (our greetings)

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks ADHDsux4me, I guess I'll start googling witchcraft and look up a few spells.
I'm also still interested Ouija if anyone has any suggestions of how to work it?

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i've been a practicing witch for about 6 months, yeah it works, the ouja board i'd stay away form, if you do it correctly, you can leave your self open to evil things,....I'd stay away from it.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I've started with interest in the paranormal as well and grew from there.

The oujia board is not a re-presentitive tool. Yes it is a tool and there are many more just like it which don't grab so much attention of the public. Like anything else in life there is an aspect of danger and thus you should not play with it unless you have a proper understanding of it. If you know what you're doing then there is no danger of doorways with evil spirits coming through, that is simple supersition.

There have been several informative threads about wicca/witchcraft en magick in general. Cug already provided that link and within it is a lot of information and links provided from real practitioners of different magickal streams such as Wicca and witchcraft to Thelema and Goetia.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If you do a quick search in the forums I believe you will already find an answer to that question. (yes)
However it appears you are wanting some practical advice as far as practicing spells, etc.

Perhaps you may want to get a general overview into the whole area of the occult before you try practicing anything. Read the forums there are tons of information about various types of "majic", etc. giving reaons for it and against it.

I lean to the practical side and label everything that is truely magical as science/technology.
Even if there is power of the mind its not as much mystical per say, but just a lack of common knowledge as how these things operate. (But who am I to lecture on such issues? I have not solved the basic problem of life...immortality.

Hope you enjoy the forums, and I see you are already getting some practical advice from people.

Gods peace

dalen

[edit on 9-4-2006 by dAlen]

new topics

top topics

join