It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Tutorials and Help

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DeusEx

This is a great idea
even for experienced writers who just want to freshen up. Or for someone like me who has been writing for years but would like get serious about it now. I've written many research papers and many stories but I am really getting into writing now.

I think this would actually create a bigger atmosphere for writers. Someone may stumble across and have trouble with writing but when they see the forum they will check it out and begin writing because you have provided to us.

It will also inspire more writers to post their work and not be afraid about what people say because in their mind they know they did it to the best of their abilities because of the help of the forum.
edit on 30-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I need help all of the time.

My biggest problem is that I picture theses big scenes in my mind and know how I'd like my readers to see them, as i see them, but then I start to write and I can't seem to get it rolling, if you know what I mean.

But then if I do get started writing, I will go back and read what I've done, and it seems kind of childish, like if I was to complete it and publish it it would be put in the kids section instead of just the regular fiction/sci-fi/fantasy section.

Any tips?

Also, I get writers block bad sometimes even if I can picture the story i want to write.
Is that normal?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Most of my story ideas come from meditative dreams , where the story is created much like dreaming but with the dreamer being fully concious.
I would like to have writer status on ATS, and have requested it on several occassions, haven't even had a reply from the mods I have contacted.
Its a shame, but what can we do?

<< 1  2   >>

join