It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Semi-Newb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hullo.

I've been here for a few weeks but never even saw this introductory place, so I might as well waste everyone's time with my background of beliefs.

First of all, I'm a selective skeptic. That means I pretty much choose what I want to believe, in whatever field. I remain skeptical in that I like to experience things for myself, or at the very least see the sources of whoever's telling me to believe something so I can make some kind of judgement as to whether I would like to believe the same thing...

Secondly, I'm highly volatile in my interests. One month I'm all about pre-Columbian cultures, the next I'm researching pirates, some weeks later I've switched to ancient Near Eastern mythology, then suddenly I fancy the Vikings only to go back to the Incans et al, and then I suddenly take a turn into the wilderness of UFOlogy.

Thankfully, this seems to be a place of very wide interests: aliens, conspiracies, strange animals, ancient cultures, etc. Very much to my liking and tons of stuff to keep me occupied from now 'til Mayan Doomsday.

Anyone else out there with similar "divided loyalties" or am I alone?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS ochre!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the intro ochre. You sound like a friend of mine. Every month it is something different with him.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Look forward to reading your posts.

U2U me if you need anything

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Few links to help you learn the ropes abit.

Terms and Conditions
ATS Point System
Zeds ATS Handbook
Zeds Ultimate Avatar Help

Enjoy your time on the boards!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes welcome mon! It seems to be a little slow here on the weekends but it gets busy during the week.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi, Ochre.

Welcome to ATS. I hope that you have fun and enjoy your stay here.

Here are some links that you might find useful.

Terms And Conditions

ZeddicusZulZorander's handy ATS Handbook

ATS Points System

How to Complain or offer Suggestions

ATS Etiquette

Quoting Reference

List of Avatar Artists

Threads without tags

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
great minds think alike . every individual thinks differently. most importantly everyones input to this site is what makes it a great place to learn . we can weed out the bs fast and enhance our brains with others peoples ideas
welcome to the group !

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm humbled...

Two distinguished mods and at least two illustrious Canadians pop by just to say hullo & welcome. And me not even soliciting replies, just thought I'd give a declaration of content, or something. (So that when you see an entry from ochre [which, by the way, is a "hilarious" word play], you'd perhaps get a grip on the source's background.)

Thanks for the nice greetings, everyone. But check my opening statement: I may require proof before I believe you... (Sorry, felt a little contradictory before I've had my fourth cup of coffee. Ignore at once.)

(Since I don't feel comfortable spamming up the boards or, in a place like this, trawling [sic!] for points, perhaps the thread could be done away with if/when/once you mods feel it's filled its introductory purpose.)

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
All The Secrets

Welcome to the great ATS, enjoy your long stay!

new topics

top topics

join