It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Various Biblical interpertations on Gog-Magog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just who is Gog-Magog is a question that is on many peoples minds with many interpetations. I'm not going to get to detailed but I believe it has two meanings, heres one article which speaks heavily on Gog-Magog and secret societies, I'll post it in other places but I also wish to post it here. The view that I would like to point out is Gog-Magog as East and West.

After 1979 Revolution, 'Gog and Magog' have been continously considered as 'the East and the West'. The famous Iranian Slogan of 'Nah Shargi, Nah Garbi' (No East, No West) shows all militarized, political and economical movements of Islamists are configured by the 'Gog and Magog (Yajooj and Majooj) Axis'; actually George Bush notion of 'Axis of Evil' was a less complicated modification of 'Gog and Magog (Yajooj-Majooj) Axis' already suggested by Shia Islamists, and oversimplified re-modification which can be easily digested by the masses.

hyperstition.abstractdynamics.org...

This is the first of two more articles, but I was wondering if there were any views on this one.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The biblical reference to Magog and Gog appear to be in Ezekiel 38 which is the beginning of the year long (Isa 34:8) day of the Lord which follows the 7-year tribulation period. Gog is the only name listed in Ezekiel 38:1-6 which is not listed as a grandson of Noah in Genesis 10. Gog is a demonic principality who is the head demonic influence of the land of Magog (where the ancient Scythians lived in Northern Iran and in the Causasus mountain areas). We know he is not human because "Gog" shows up again 1000 years after this at the end of the millenial period in Rev 20:8 for one last battle.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Since they didn't get rid of this post and someone posted on it I might as well continue. Here is a really great interpretation of Gog-Magog from a Jewish point of view. It explains the term Rosh.

We remark that the name of Rosh is not to be met with anywhere among the sons of Japheth. We know, however, that the first Czar of Great Muscovie was called Rosh, and that it was from him the empire derived the name it now bears.

So now we understand the mystery of that name Rosh. Maybe others new this but I never knew it and it cleared up a big mystery for which many have debated. Nevertheless the article itself is really good and short I would suggest reading the whole thing, because it's about more than just Russia.
members.aol.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by managerie
The biblical reference to Magog and Gog appear to be in Ezekiel 38 which is the beginning of the year long (Isa 34:8) day of the Lord which follows the 7-year tribulation period. Gog is the only name listed in Ezekiel 38:1-6 which is not listed as a grandson of Noah in Genesis 10. Gog is a demonic principality who is the head demonic influence of the land of Magog (where the ancient Scythians lived in Northern Iran and in the Causasus mountain areas). We know he is not human because "Gog" shows up again 1000 years after this at the end of the millenial period in Rev 20:8 for one last battle.

No, I think Gog is definetly human. It represents in part a tribe of people, therefore as long as those people exist any of their leaders could be called Gog, but it also represents something spiritual. But names in itself mean nothing. There is a bible prophecy that refers to nebuchanezzar, but in the end-times. But we know he was a leader, and he is dead. So it's spiritual.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
...are also the names of the statues of two giants in London's Guildhall, legendary protectors of Brittain. (First learned of this from a documentary about giants on the History Channel.) Here's a link in case anyone is interested:

www.london-walks.co.uk...

(Not that I believe Brittain is the Gog or Magog mentioned in the Bible.)

new topics

top topics

join