It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buccaneer+canbera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

was just watcing wings and they were showing the Buccaneer

i feel sorry for the person that was seated in the cone of the plane

^ comment intented for canbera

[edit on 8-4-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Some guy in South Africa has one in his private collection. It's apparently the only place in the world that will let him have it since it's nuclear capable.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
watching the same thing Bodrul ,but im slightly confused by your statements ,

Firstly, no one sits in the front of the aircraft(apart from the cockpit obviously) , that is where the radar is ,blue parrot type if i remember. what you are thinking of was the canbera which was the segment just before the buc. where the navigator is situated in the nose cone.

And to Zaph , I think there are two flying in south Africa at least one at thunder city with the lightning aswell ,not sure on the status of the Bucs in Britain as regard flying but there certainly able to start up ther engines,I know the english electric lightning is not allowed to fly in Britain,cause of the safety of some of ther systems.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yeah my bad there lol

quikly fixies it

the canbera was a dcent arial servalance platform since pictures produced by it were better then that of the U-2
even so it used the same camera (which the US needed to get rid of because of shortage of planes and piolets)

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
yeah my bad there lol

quikly fixies it

the canbera was a dcent arial servalance platform since pictures produced by it were better then that of the U-2

Thats right , it was good watching aswell wasn't it? think ive seen some of them before but I could watch programmes like that all day .

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It also didn't fly as high.

Years ago there was a guy in Australia that had one. He'd come through here twice a year going to airshows. Was cool to see it.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It also didn't fly as high.

Years ago there was a guy in Australia that had one. He'd come through here twice a year going to airshows. Was cool to see it.

Good point ,the programme that me and Bodrul was watching mentioned the first time the RAFS buccaneers went to the red flag exercises at nellis ,the Americans didn't score a single "kill" in the entire exercise , because they were unsure about how to deal with them flying some times below a hundred feet , it was the end of an era when they were retired in 94 the last all British combat aircraft.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Bucaneer is basicaly a swept wing version of the Canberra.

Anyone seen the AvroCanada CF-100 Canuck? Its basically a Fighter version of the Canberra and is slightly smaller too.

www.spitcrazy.com...

www.flyinthesky.it...

www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

www.avroland.ca...

www.vectorsite.net...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Browno]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Browno
The Bucaneer is basicaly a swept wing version of the Canberra.

How do you figure? They are made by differant companies, and the Buccaneer was designed to be a low level maritime nuclear strike aircraft.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hi, these two are my favor of UK aircraft of appropriative attacking surface. The Buccaneer is the last British heavy attacker with suprior low altitude capability and very good armor.
The Canbera bomber is the fastest bomber in early 50's. If it could enter service earlier one or two year, it would be no interepted by fighter in Korea war.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
yeah my bad there lol

quikly fixies it

even so it used the same camera (which the US needed to get rid of because of shortage of planes and piolets)

what do you mean WAS the Uk still uses the PR9 version of the canberra in that role

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I don't know if it was the same programme you guys are talking about but I once saw a programme about the Canberra where it was stated that the RAF was considering replacing it with the Global Hawk but that the GH failed to live up to the Canberra's capabilities in certain areas.
Not bad for a 55 year old crock

Buckaroo, I wouldn't worry about Browno too much, sometimes I wonder if he comes out with stuff like that on purpose

edit because it looks like I cannot spell when,. in fact, I merely cannot type.

[edit on 10-4-2006 by waynos]

new topics

top topics

join