It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kecksburg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I saw a commercial about it, and looked it up. Here's a link to the story. Ever heard of this?

www.westol.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Saw the commercial on the Sci-Fi channel... looks pretty interesting! I know I'm planning on watching it.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I havent heard anything about it. Tonight I was watching Battlestar Gallactica and I saw a commercial about some show that mentioned it. I sounds interesting. A giant accorn that felll out of the sky.

I look forward to reading up more in it

Mark

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Kecksburg is well known to UFO buffs.

A solid ufo incident that like many has been covered up and ignored over the years.

Probably one of the top ten incidents easily in the US.

Worth looking into for those that are sceptical.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
For those intrested, here's the offical website for the upcoming Sci-Fi channel special.

www.scifi.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yea thanks for the link. Interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i saw the add on tv too,

im ganna watch it myself. I just hope that they have some "items" from the crash, would realy help in declosing this throughe mass meda "witch we all know wont happen if it dosne need too"

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Never heard of Kecksburg before this. Kind of surprising after so many years of being interested in this area, and I consider myself fairly informed on most of the famous cases.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
battle star galactica!
i wish i was a little kid again.. bidibidibidbi

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A fascinating subject indeed...

Now, as a result of continued delays and stonewalling by key federal agencies including the Department of Defense, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Air Force, and NASA on CFi's Freedom of Information Act requests, SCI FI will announce its support for legal action to force various agencies to reveal what they know about the Kecksburg crash.

releases.usnewswire.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spot
battle star galactica!
i wish i was a little kid again.. bidibidibidbi

...erm... isnt that Buck Rogers?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Kecksburg, I am surprised you have never heard of this. I do think it has been talked about here at ATS.

The show is interesting and it was shown on TV several times, but I'm not going to ruin it for you.

Incident occurred on Dec. 9, 1965 in Pennsylvania.

1)Pay attention to when they talk about the NASA people and what they carried. 2)Pay attention to the scream one man heard.

This incident will make for a good discussion later.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was always under the assumption that the kecksburg fireball mystery was actually the Soviet Cosmo 96 spacecraft reentering the earth's atmosphere and crashing in Penn.

That would explain the quick, overwhelming military recovery response -- the possibility of survivors "screaming," and the "acorn" shape.

Like the previous poster said, this is one of those old UFO stories that's been around for awhile. I saw a Discovery Channel documentary on it, and while not concluding anything, the evidence they postulated that it was the Soviet spacecraft after it failed to achieve orbit was pretty convincing.....

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You missed something.

Yes, the Soviet Cosmo 96 was to come down on this day and this is what they tried to pass it off as. BUT, it has been proven that the Soviet Cosmo 96 DID come down on that day but long, long before this incident.

The Kecksburg incident occurred in early evening and the other early morning.

All I can say is re-watch the show and pay attention there is some interesting stuff.

join