It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Army Base in St Petersburg Florida?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i think you might be on to something, i would investigate some more.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nazibush

There is a Lockheed Martin on the same road as the dumps there in St Pete.. 28th st north. it's just north of the Dump. There is a lot of barbed wire there and lots of #.. no military base.. maybe some good old boy possum hunting. There are #loads of bikers who race there though

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So, I just moved to St. Pete. Was biking south on 28th St N. After passing Lockheed Martin and the entrance into the Gateway area, a sidewalk appeared, obscured from the road by trees. Preferring to bike on the sidewalk versus the road, I took the sidewalk. Looked to my right, and there's a fence, and behind the fence just rows of tanks (or some sort of armored vehicle in any case). Further down I saw a gate with a warning sign, and I did not approach it but the only words big enough to read from my distance were "US Army".

Naturally I was curious, so I went online just now and Googled "st petersburg army base". Funny to see ATS among the top results.

This thread did not identify the location. There is a reserve center, as one guy mentioned, but that is in a different location. What follows is a Google Maps link to there area I biked by. If you use Satellite view you will see clearly the rows of military vehicles.

(you will need to copy the link, and remove the space after http:// in order for it to work)

http:// maps.google.com/maps?q=st+petersburg+florida&hl=en&ll=27.853845,-82.674147&spn=0.006634,0.008256&gl=us&t=h&vp6&z=18

ETA: Looking closer at the Google map, I don't think the vehicles there are the same ones I saw. Next time I bike by there I'll have to get a closer look.

edit on 19-8-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join