It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever get bored?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
oh yeah and we act like 2010 here is so far off. its 4 years. think of whats all changed scince 2002, 4 years ago. not alot. mostly cell phone changes. my computers from 02 and still competes with alot of todays computers. consol systems wont even be different, theyll still be playing PS3, Xbox 360, and nintendo revolution (which i beleive, the nintendo company, will come to and end in 20 years)

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
electric entertainment will sure be different in twenty years. think of the possibilities .... reminds me of that scene from demolition man ..

Omega

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
oh yeah and we act like 2010 here is so far off. its 4 years. think of whats all changed scince 2002, 4 years ago. not alot. mostly cell phone changes. my computers from 02 and still competes with alot of todays computers. consol systems wont even be different, theyll still be playing PS3, Xbox 360, and nintendo revolution (which i beleive, the nintendo company, will come to and end in 20 years)

Your not thinking proper the next super computer will be 100 times faster than the last. A vaccine for cancer is not far away. A vaccine for heart disease is also in the works.

What you see is what products come to market. What you don't see is the amazing advances they are making in making those products.

It's sorta like cars. Most people don't know how they work and don't care how they work. Let alone how they improve how they work.

3 years ago all you could get with a movie camera was 30x and gittery movies. Now you can get 900X and smooth movie pictures. You are oblivious toi the change cause it's behind the scenes. Also the net effect of all the recent discoveries will cause an exploding forth of new tech.

This is the science site you should go to religiously daily:

www.sciencedaily.com...

When I first went there daily 5 years ago they had maybe 5 new releases a day. Now it's 30, sometimes more.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for that link, bode bliss. and yeah, youre right about camera technology, 5 years ago it was WOW 3mp, now its like 6mp, not too bad. So yeah that opened my mind up a little bit, so thanks again.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Im sorry bodebliss, but that website you posted is full of BS, theres no way we're gonna be doubling our technological progress every hour by 2010. You'd need A.Is and all sorts for that and thats not gonna happen soon. Best i predict by 2010, are 8mutil core cpus as standard, everyone running Vista, super slim phones with more features, high def TVs in most homes,good broadband... but nothing life-changing.

Then your a loner. Because the doubling effect is already noted, has occurred and is accelerating. There will be an 'event horizon' type event in that time frame like it or not.

I'm sure the people of 1890 thought,'this is the height of UP' but then came airplanes, automobiles, wireless, etc.

Technology is about to go ballistic and in a short time frame. It will affect all levels at once. From the compiling, to distribution, to reimplementation of data for reinvention and newer application in an ever faster turn-around till our heads are spinning from the ever faster whirl-wind of advance.

It would be counter-intuitive to think otherwise.

Absolute BS, sure technology is going to progress but my original point stands, we're not going to see such changes in 2010.I'll bet a permanant ban from this site if im wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Do i get bored? Yeahhhhhhhhh..Big time.

I get fed up sometimes of the technology that bombards us each and every day. Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the Internet and everything associated with it, but i still tend to get bored by it after a while.

There is nothing better than switching off the technology, and taking my dog out for a walk. I can walk for miles in the countryside and not see a single a soul. I can find a spot where i can sit and just watch the wild life going about their daily business.

This to me, seems to bring home just what we have become, and how reliant we are on technology. Yes we need it, but there is always an escape route if you take the opportunity of seeking it. This seems to bring home the relevance of things to me in a way i cannot describe. Sounds daft i know, but hey, i am only human after all..........................

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Absolute BS, sure technology is going to progress but my original point stands, we're not going to see such changes in 2010.I'll bet a permanant ban from this site if im wrong.

I wish no one to get banned.

Time will tell on this one. When 2011 comes around you will see a paradyne shift in scientific output.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

There is nothing better than switching off the technology, and taking my dog out for a walk. I can walk for miles in the countryside and not see a single a soul. I can find a spot where i can sit and just watch the wild life going about their daily business.

This to me, seems to bring home just what we have become, and how reliant we are on technology. Yes we need it, but there is always an escape route if you take the opportunity of seeking it. This seems to bring home the relevance of things to me in a way i cannot describe. Sounds daft i know, but hey, i am only human after all..........................

Ahhh yes return to a simpler time when humans weren't mega Mega MEGA important.

It reminds me of the movie the DEER HUNTER. When he got back from Viet Nam he went deer hunting again and he had a Great Shot on a trophy buck and viewing it, standing there in it's glory, he just let it go and was at peace with his decision.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Present and Future Change

Every two or three years, the knowledge base doubles.

Every day, 7,000 scientific and technical articles are published.
Satellites orbiting the globe send enough data to fill 19 million volumes in the Library of Congress – every two weeks.
High school graduates have been exposed to more information than grandparents were in a lifetime.
Only 15 percent of jobs will require college education, but nearly all jobs will require the equivalent knowledge of a college education.
There will be as much change in the next three decades as there was in the last three centuries.
(from Leadership and Technology, published by the National School Boards Association's Institute for the Transfer of Technology to Education.)

The Coming Singularity

Kurzwell

Here is a list of people who believe as i do and their websites:

www.accelerating.org...

Technological Singularity

[edit on 4/14/2006 by bodebliss]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join