It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No pandemic this season?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
According to the European Influenza Surveillance Scheme (EISS), the risks of a flu epidemic this season is off. Therefore the risk of mixing with H5N1 is getting lower and lower, no human cases in Europe......

Seasonal influenza activity in most European countries seems to be over

Summary: Seasonal influenza epidemics have started late in countries across Europe during the 2005-2006 season. Since the start of the season, influenza activity in Europe as a whole has mainly been associated with influenza B viruses (62% of total detections). In week 13/2006, the consultation rate for influenza-like illness (ILI) continued to increase in only two countries in Europe (the Czech Republic and Slovakia). In all other countries, the consultation rate for ILI or acute respiratory infections (ARI) was either declining or at baseline levels, indicating that seasonal influenza activity in Europe is probably coming to an end for this winter. No human cases of influenza A(H5N1) virus infection have been reported in the countries participating in EISS.

Source:
www.eiss.org...

So, no worries for now!?!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I dont know if there is a "season" for a pandemic.

I never beleived there would be a breakout. Lets hope not.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
oops - double post

[edit on 8-4-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Whether or not a form of H5N1 that is fatal to humans becomes pandemic - there is a bird flu pandemic in birds and possibly other animals. It also is possible that a milder gastric form of H5N1 is endemic in humans.

Most significantly - the undeveloped world's poultry industry has been decimated, and international agricultural corporations are positioned to take the markets.

The world's wealth has already been redistributed. And the poor are even poorer now.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
bird flu is the biggest hoax i ever read about in my life! all the WHO talks about is "major pandemic coming major pandemic coming" for months on end now and guess what WHO no major pandemic has come. just keep washing those hands and dont play with dead chickens people and we should be safe.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ofcourse there is no season for a pandemic, but a season for influenza there is. The less cases of human flu the less chance it migrates into
well something we were told it would kill a lot of us....

A bloody shame for our stocks in the farmaceutical industrie, isn't it?
Let's invest in those "agricultural corporations" that are going to take the poultry market......

top topics

join