It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS better + more reliable than media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ive noticed dozens of times while on ATS how a topic pops up on the board home page, then i dont read it in the news or hear it in the news untill 2 or 3 days later. plus there is much more detail about the subject than the paragraph or 2 youd read in the paper. i think ATS is a great way to get informed, debate, seek truth and do so much more. has anyone else realized how up tp date ATS is? you post anything interesting and thousands of people can read it that same day. great site!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
And not only that, you also get to hear about a story with several different viewpoints, whereas one particular newspaper,etc., might put a certain spin on a news story, depending on which way the newspapers politcal winds are blowing, so to speak.

btw - I don't know if this is the proper forum for this, but I will let the Mods decide....

[edit on 4/8/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You might find this of interest.

From many moons ago: We (ATS) are a source for news...

I'm sure there are other posts along these same lines about too.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It takes time to put the correct "spin" on a story, make sure that it fits the media outlet's agenda and ensure political correctness. You don't have to worry about that on ATS. I have seen several threads started while the event was still happening by someone who was nearby and posted what they saw as well as what the live newscasts were saying. The airliner with the bad landing gear last year comes to mind as an example.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I always turn to ATS for news, even if I read the story from the mass media I then pull up ATS for the critical analysis of the story.

I love having the views of the other members, and I love how the people here will dig into every bit of the story and pull it apart. Sure some members are totally wrong in some cases, but others soon point out their folly.

A big thumbs up to ATS.........

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My husband's always asking me, "Did you hear about... " some story or other. Invariably, my answer is that it was posted 2 days ago on ATS and not only that... I have more information to add. He says I know everything!

ATS makes me smarter!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've had it happen a couple of times where new info comes out and I heard about it on ATS first. I don't think ATS is really an independant news source though. We just have thousands of people scouring the web for information from any source, so obviously we have a better chance of getting to it before the mainstream media. Especially if it is an idea they can't quite verify until they get more facts. Simply put, ATSers can post whatever they want without much reprecussions. The news has to remain as factual as possible, and can't start sending up false alarms all over the place.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
To be honest i dont even listen to the news that much and when i do i dont take the government issues to heart very much at all . i believe it is there way of telling the public what they want to hear in order to cover the truth up... most of the time anyway.

just my thought.
Omega

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
ATS has made me my family's know-it-all.
as far as news goes.

The pharmacy job made me into a doctor

The airline job made me into a world traveler

My paralegal training made me...a lawyer

(according to my family).

Its ok, at the end of the day i know much more than they do, and i noticed lately they are asking me stuff. I've had labels all my life. It sucks to be them.

One more note: My family is in denial, my mother is June Cleaver, and my husband, an ex-Marine, is still a shell-shocked Marine. Ooops...Is it Sunday? Today is the day he fixes the bills in his wallet in order...and dusts off his American flags.

Thank you ATS for being here for me. If anyone ever needed you its me.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i think we with similer views need each other

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
LOL i just read whaqt i said and it might come out wrong to some who read it ... what i meant was everyone who shares these veiws should stick together. only then if not the whole truth about things is not discovered then perhaps a small portion of it will be made public .
sorry for the mistake.

Omega

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
ATS: The Memory Hill

There are quite a few things that pop up in the news and disappear. ATS has probably thousands of threads related to "news blips".

Examined from a global perspective, it's quite a phenomenon.

Maybe it's just a consequence of the way commercial news works, and the way the media spotlight is manipulated.

But sometimes I can't help but wonder if it's something more.

This story still bothers me:

Spike: The Oklahoma Suicide Bomber

"Nothing to see here, move along now."

Yeah, right.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The media i believe is controlled by the higher powers to pull a cover over the general publics eyes and blind them of whats really happening in the world.Reminds me sort of the movie The Matrix .
what are your thoughts on this matter people?

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'd liken ATS as a hotbed for junior columnists, where everyone tries to put their own creative or not-so creative twists on the news or discussions of the day.

Either that or it's the biggest collection of shower singers in the world.

[edit on 4/11/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It is not wise to label everyone who comes to ATS as news twisters.
Maybie there are a few but not everyone is like that .
its like saying that all people named neil have walked on the moon.
Everyone is allowed to have there own opinion
nomatter how twisted they are or are not .
thats why we Research things to distinguish the truth from the lies.

Just a thought
Omega

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Everyone has there own opinion bodebliss

And nomatter what bizarre twists or odd stories are put in here .
it would be wise to research the stories before labeling people " the biggest collection of shower singers in the world "
Just a thought .
Omega85

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I try to cast as broad a net as possible when figuring out what's going on in the world. It's impossible to know anything in this world with absolute certainty, but ATS is by far my most trusted source for information, because with enough time every topic is looked at from so many points of view and so many different facts and opinions are brought to bear, that one can't help but come away with a broader and more comprehensive understanding of the situation and your relationship to it - if any - whether you agree with everyone or not, and whether it's 100% accurate or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i am in total agreement. i think this site really is the best source of worldy (and otherworldly) news. Just the other day i read on here about a topic and then two days later that topic appeared on tv and in the Newspapers??
i was blown away.
keep up the good work guys
and good on you all at ATS

Omega

new topics

join