It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starseed theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
NJE777 I've been reading your posts and I find the Atlantis connection very intriguing. Have you read "The Atlantis Blueprint" by Colin Wilson and Rand Flem-Ath? They present some interesting arguments regarding this topic involving pole shifts, etc. Atlantis was sunk due to the movement of the Earth's crust, but how that happened is still under question.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello Nat

Your notations, recently returned to you, are ENLIGHTENING to say the least, in respects to your premise.

And I must say, I was quite pleased to see these, since I have an affiliated concept which was also addressed in your notes.

I believe, out of my own opinion, that Atlantis was the Habitation place of God. I believe this Habitation began prior to the last ice age, and at some point, (Biblically refered to as the 6th Day), all the races worshiped under guidance and instructions offered and provided to them from God.

I have found, that in it's basic root, the "Religions" of the world have a core element which is similiar to each other. Certainly there are distinctions and differences today, but strip away the crap, and the truest meanings and representations can overlap and be intermingled without distorting the beliefs. And this Basic Level of Worship, happens to coincide with what God and his "Chosen" people are instructed in later times

I am also convinced the Garden was also within the Bounds of Atlantis, and the the 8th day creation of Adam and the Adamic Line stem from here.

We have the situation spoken of in the Genesis Account of the "Sin" and the Eve being WHOLELY SEDUCED by the Serpent, (Beguile = Wholely Seduced), and both Adam and Eve are told to leave Eden, and they where sent East. (Gen 3;24). East would be, Europa? Or further to the Mid East?

Then Eve Knew "Adam", and she had two sons, Cain the spawn of the Beguilement, and Abel, Adam's Son. and the tale goes on.

Cain was sent further east to Nod, and found his wife, and lived and such.

Adam and Eve had a thrid Son, Seth, and the Genesis Account continues thru the decendants of Seth.

So here we have two distinct peoples with an Language of Atlantian Origin.

The Decendants of Seth, and the Decendants of Cain.

One settled east of Eden, and the Other further east still, in the land of Nod. (Nod meaning a Wanderer or Wandering, as in Nomadic wanderings)

Where any of these places are, is a mystery, but the certainity is, it was East of the Garden and therefore, East of Atlantis, if my premise is correct.

Some hint's can be found which happen to also be addressed in your last post.

Enoch, was a strange fellow, who had a fantastic experience.

The Generations of Seth noted in Genesis Chatper 5 give this account.

5:18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he
begat Enoch:
5:19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years,
and begat sons and daughters:
5:20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two
years: and he died.
5:21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
5:22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three
hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
5:23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him

So Enoch walked with God and was no more. We can look thru his link, and in Chapter VI & VII, we find an account of the Days of Noah, but with much more information.

www.sacred-texts.com...

(I Linked the Whole Text Here, but I am certain you can find the Chapters with ease Nat.)

Review of these seem to be pointing to the MASS CONFUSION WE HAVE IN RESPECTS TO EVERYTHING OF THE OLD DAYS.

If, Satan and the Fallen, are the ones named in Enoch's Accounts, then is it not clear what happened to this era or timeframe of history? It was Spun, by a Master Spinner and his likeminded collegues, to reflect the known religion to become the religions of the Fallen. Also look at what these Fallen taught Man. Astrology, based on Satanic Concepts, not God's Concept. Sciences based on Satanic Concepts, not God's Concept, Potions, and Spells, and on.

Now you made a suggestion as to why the "Hidden" People where hiding. I am certain, that this could account for this. They hid from the wrath of God. And if this is the case, read as many chapters that refer to Noah in the Book of Enoch. It goes on thru to at least chapter XVII. That Wrath saw the removal of the god like Fallen, and ended with the Great Flood.

The Timeframe would also happen to blend well with the Dr., who suggested the Celts inhabited the Iberian Pennisula as far back as 6000 years ago, and reference can be made to date them as a people to 10000 Years ago.
Could the Adamic Line chased from Eden, that lived East of the Garden be the connection you are seeking???? I Wonder.

But from your last post, this could fit the bill for those dates.

And I wish to make sure you are clear of one thing. The previous post I offered originated as an attempt to bring the Celts and Ogham together, knowing that Ogham has an history of being from around 700 BC as it is "Understood" today. It was that Tribe and Language connection that I was responding to, but these are definately two different discussions, and two different periods now.

Some 8000 Years difference in Time. They are still a related family, since they all come from Adam, but MANY generations seperate these Migrations.

In closing Nat, I have noticed nothing from anyone in respects to Ignatius Donnelly's work, Atlantis, the Antediluvian World.

Take a look through this. It may offer something for your post. It may not, but his efforts where encompassing many themes to bring his work together.

www.sacred-texts.com...

You might Enjoy this one for certain.

www.sacred-texts.com...

THE IBERIAN COLONIES OF ATLANTIS
"AT the farthest point in the past to which human knowledge extends a race called Iberian inhabited the entire peninsula of Spain, from the Mediterranean to the Pyrenees. They also extended over the southern part of Gaul as far as the Rhone.

"It is thought that the Iberians from Atlantis and the north-west part of Africa," says Winchell, "settled in the Southwest of Europe at a period earlier than the settlement of the Egyptians in the north-east of Africa. The Iberians spread themselves over Spain, Gaul, and the British Islands as early as 4000 or 5000 B.C. . . . The fourth dynasty (of the Egyptians), according to Brugsch, dates from about 3500 B.C. At this time the Iberians had become sufficiently powerful to attempt the conquest of the known world." ("Preadamites," p. 443.)"

I hope you enjoy the reading.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
NJE777 I've been reading your posts and I find the Atlantis connection very intriguing. Have you read "The Atlantis Blueprint" by Colin Wilson and Rand Flem-Ath? They present some interesting arguments regarding this topic involving pole shifts, etc. Atlantis was sunk due to the movement of the Earth's crust, but how that happened is still under question.

No sorry, I am pretty green with respect to Atlantis..so its another book I have to look at...
Ages ago, (when I was studying archaeology - subject, pre req for my degree) I saw a map of the globe, reconstructed as the world would have been at some stage during the height of the pleistocene period. And do you think I can find it now??? lol no...but will no doubt stumble across it. At one stage archaeologists say that those continents were joined by ice..then separated during the Holocene period. As was New Guinea separated from the Australian mainland...if only I could find that map!!

this is interesting reading:
Recon the natural & cultural landscape at multiple stages
Its in PDF, if you look at the Archaeology of Global Change..think its pg 4 -> the scale is very interesting...at no stage have we reached up to the same temperature as the last interglaciation and yet..right now..we are at the same temp, if not slightly above... hmmm anyway...better stay on topic.

have found a map...but its not the one I want...!! *stamping my feet... lol

this image reconstructs New Guinea & AU...

the article and image can be found here: Ancient Seafarers

cheers
Nat
edit: in accordance with ATS image rules. re: Intellectual Property Rights..image is no longer permitted as I am 'pretty sure' I do not have 'permission' to use this map...and I am too lazy to go to the lengths to obtain it...so please click on the link and you can view it therein....
This is NOT an admission of guilt...thankyou

[edit on 23-4-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
Hello Nat
The Timeframe would also happen to blend well with the Dr., who suggested the Celts inhabited the Iberian Pennisula as far back as 6000 years ago, and reference can be made to date them as a people to 10000 Years ago.

Hi Shane, sorry for the late reply...have had flu and not up for anything other than bed! I am currently trying the home remedy my Mum has recommended. Scotch, honey & water and garlic! Taste like garbage....I'm not sure if its the scotch but I am feeling better and my nose isnt running
woo hooo!!

back on topic....not Dr Fell? lol...
Holocene period is such an open book for me...as the climate supported human habitat as late as 10K...so regarding whether it is 6K or 10K...it is possible/relevant. Different if the climate could not support life...I refer to plants and megafaunal evidence.

all view human populations as an integral part of larger environmental systems; all see the balance between human population density and resource abundance as central to understanding basic structure and change in subsistence systems; and all are constructed around basic organizational components of the forager/collector continuum originally proposed by Binford (1980) to explain latitudinal variation in hunter-gatherer settlement patterns.

and

Dominant cultural patterns at any given point in time and place reflect dynamic system states rooted in complex and ongoing feedback relationships between humans and the environments within which they strive to survive and reproduce (cf., Leonard and Reed 1993:649-650). Cultural systems–including settlement and subsistence systems of primary interest here–can be expected to remain relatively stable so long as they function well enough to reliably sustain most of their members most of the time.Humans & Ecology

In closing Nat, I have noticed nothing from anyone in respects to Ignatius Donnelly's work, Atlantis, the Antediluvian World.

oh dear, its another book I need to look at!

off to read up on the sacred texts...are you a theologian?

[edit on 21-4-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
this image reconstructs New Guinea & AU...
Ancient Seafarers

oh the whole point in posting this map is to demonstrate that the continents would have been connected with each other...not entirely but enough to make contact possible during the holocene period. So I feel the distance of the Atlantic ocean would not have been an issue and it is quite or highly possible that the continents surrounding the Atlantic would have been closer to one another?
hmm putting down the home remedy down for the mo... lol
cheers.. hic
or maybe its the cold & flu tabs??? hm no more cold & flu tabs tonight!!
Nat

if anyone can find a map reconstructing the Atlantic ocean late holocene that would be dandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 21-4-2006 by NJE777]
edit: again in accordance with ATS rules on Intellectual Property Rights!!

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well it's nice to hear your feeling better Nat

The Dr?

No, it wasn't Fell.

It was the Doctor Bradley in the Link I offered several Posts ago, and will reinsert here.

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

His findings seemed to be reaffirmed by the Link in my last post, and this was why I noted, the Dr.

I am new here, and not upto speed on how things Operate just yet. I have difficulties leaving a Post to review something I offered or someone else posted in previously, without loosing what I was posting.

Once I can figure this out, I am sure I would not have to make Dr. remarks
without completely recalling his name.

Good luck with the Liquid Therapy

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey shane, i just copy what ive written if i need to check on something then just paste back in, or work from wordpad then just copy and paste when finished, theres probably a better way but this works for me. Hope that helps.

Sorry for being off topic but i have been following this thread with interest.

Cheers
M4S

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Sorry for being off topic but i have been following this thread with interest.

Cheers
M4S

No, don't be sorry. I did ask and thank you.

I was thinking about this earlier today. I figured out how to Post Photos yesterday, and I was wondering if this would work the same. Thanks again

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
I have found, that in it's basic root, the "Religions" of the world have a core element which is similiar to each other.

What core elements do you find that are similar?

I find that a lot of human social rules are similar (who can marry whom, how to deal with murders, etc) are smiliar, but unless you're talking modern religions I really don't see root similarities between, say, shamanism/animism and Christianity.

And one would have a very hard time shoehorning the ancient Aztec religion (with its emphasis on cutting oneself and sacrificing others and family members, including infants) into Christianity.

Religions are a reflection of the overall social rules and values. No known religion today promotes killing your own children to please a deity and make sure that the sun rises because we as a global civilization don't think you need to sacrifice things to make sure that orbital mechanics work from day to day -- and because we find such murders repugnant.

I see culture correlations based on an overarching culture, but I don' think I see your Great Connection. Could you explain further?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Commenting over some of the older material...

This site is informative BUT has links to spiritual sites that turn out to be money spinners, so not sure of the integrity of the site or the info! Spiritual gifts and money don't mix.

Always a red flag.

The StarSeed TransMission
There is even a star seed quiz:
The Starseed Quiz

I got 81... not sure about it though.

It's a basic Barnum Profile/Barnum Effect/Barnum statements. Everyone who's alive (including those with emotional and mental and developmental problems) can answer "yes" to at least one of those questions. :
www.geocities.com...

Due to the fact I am completely ignorant with Sirius and Dogon stuff...well sirius I am aware of but drawing blanks on the later one
so anyone who is knowledgeable * sp... sorry...would love to find out whether his comparisons and results are BS and provide links if any are relevant to where my head is at. lol

The Sirius/Dogon connection is actually a scholarly fraud. Here's basic info:
www.unmuseum.org...

Note that they mention briefly the real truth -- that Sirius is a triple (not double) system and an unlikely place for planets to form. I can't find the source now, but I know I've read that subsequent investigations found no such evidence of legends -- at least until after people started coming to the Dogons, paying for crafts and art, and asking the Dogons about Sirius. The Dogons, no dummies, realized that they had a "cash cow" in this belief and that there are tourists willing to spend good dollars in this very poor area to basically be shown some lies.

Who can blame them?

If I had someone showing up on my property, insisting it was an ancient site and wanting to pay lots of money for a tour of my house and to be told how it was an ancient Egyptian site, I think I'd go along with the idea.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.unmuseum.org...] Ref

This companion star has a 50 year elliptical orbit around the visible Sirius

It is also important to remember that although many parts of the Dogon legends seem to ring true, other portions are clearly mistaken. One of the Dogon's beliefs is that Sirius B occupied the place where our Sun is now. Physics clearly prohibits this. Also, if the Dogon believe that Sirius B orbits Sirius A every 50 years, why do they hold their celebrations every 60 years?

That is a very obvious difference! That would be like celebrating Xmas at Easter, thats not an exact comparative but I feel that discrepancy needs an explanation.

so what we have from this article is that 'many parts ring true' but portions are clearly mistaken...

So did alien fish-men pay a visit to ancient Earth and give the Dogon their knowledge? Or was the Dogon's culture contaminated by western visitors?

ref above, same article

Thats a tough call! I would like to think the Dogon were contaminated by the cash cow and yet the alien fish men seems so way out there...

I feel western corruption is highly likely... which is such a pity because, there maybe a grain of truth in it and yet that truth is manipulated by money hungry Anthros/scientists/the tribe et cetera, which ultimately discredits the whole kit ka boodle.

I would like to consider the astronomy of the Indigenous Australians and Egyptians to see if any similarites or anomolies exist with the Dogon's claims. Still trying to digest the whole alien fish men...could take a while!

cheers
Nat

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ooookay... gonna start with some of your questions:

“The Druids existed from a remote past as a powerful and influential brotherhood. What the date of foundation of this brotherhood was, if it was ever “founded” in the ordinary sense, none can tell.
But this we know, that all arcane wisdom ultimately derives from one source — the Divine Light. This Wisdom had its earliest homes in the Island Continents, Atlantis and Lemuria, that have now vanished beneath the waves. But before the series of catastrophies was completed the Ancient Wisdom was brought to other parts of the world, and so in this manner arose the Mystery Schools of Egypt, Chaldea, Greece, the Druid Mysteries of Great Britain and Gaul, the Hebrew Qabbalah and the Esoteric Wisdom of the Chinese, Hindus, Teutons and Scandinavians, Persians, Alchemists, Rosicrucians and others.” …further reading Druid information

MMmmkay.... since you asked, I find this to be an interesting exploration of someone's ideas. However, I don't think that a druid of Julius Caesar's time would find a lot of validity in that statement. Furthermore, he scrambles things of various time periods and presents them as though they're all of the same ancient age and derived from the same ancient source. China, for instance, never had Mystery Schools (they're a rather specific tradition)

The Kabbalah is a fairly recent tradition, arising in the first century AD and becoming more prominent in Medieval Europe as the persecution and isolation of the Jews became more severe:
www.digital-brilliance.com...

Modern Druidism is a recreation of the 20th century. Almost no records exist of the real Druids.

Probably the best lay scholars on this are the Celtic Reconstructionists:
en.wikipedia.org...

I know a number of them and have read their sources and they meet with my very picky standards of scholarship. While I wouldn't say they had the final word, their sources and resources are usually excellent.

And Margret Lumley Brown (Dione Fortune)

A fascinating woman, really, but her information is "channeled" and the scholarship doesn't hold up.

The Ogham alphabet is thought to be named after the Irish god Ogma. One theory of its origins is that it evolved out of a system of tallies used for accounting. Ogham is also known as or ogham craobh, beth luis fearn or beth luis nion.
About 500 Ogham inscriptions have been found in Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England dating from between the 4th and 7th centuries AD. There are inscriptions in archaic forms of Gaelic and Pictish, which have not been deciphered. A handful of inscriptions featuring the Ogham script and the Latin alphabet have also been found.
While all surviving traces of Ogham are inscriptions on stone, it was probably more commonly inscribed on sticks, stakes and trees. Inscriptions generally take the form of somebody's name and the name of a place and were probably used to mark boundaries…further reading…excellent links that provide photos and symbols of the alphabet OghamAlphabet

And that's correct. The Book of Ballymote and other Christian religious texts are written in Ogham.
altreligion.about.com...

Do I believe in Ogham inscriptions in America? No. I study rock art (as a hobby) and have seen a lot of frauds, fakes, and misinterpretations. A sequence of lines on a rock can mean anything -- a tally, a representation of people, an association with a god, a boundary marker (we are the Five Rivers clan and our mark is five lines.) So far I haven't seen any convincing evidence. I could be convinced otherwise, but to date there hasn't been anything (like a burial site that's carbon dateable with someone dressed in clearly Celtic style and a staff with ogham on it.)

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I would like to consider the astronomy of the Indigenous Australians and Egyptians to see if any similarites or anomolies exist with the Dogon's claims. Still trying to digest the whole alien fish men...could take a while!

None on the side of the Egyptians (or Sumerians/Chaldeans.) The Egyptians were not the obsessive astronomers that the Sumerians were (who seem to have been a nation of accountants, to judge from all the minutae!) I haven't found a reliable "Isis=Mermaid" link (that one had me frowning in disagreement!)

Sirius was an important star because its rising marked a new year (it rose at the same time the annual floods were expected.) But they didn't have any tradition of it being a twin or representing twins or triplets. And they certainly had no star origin myth.

I can't say for the Dreamtime. My knowledge there is still very small. Perhaps in individual traditions but I don't know if it existed in larger traditions.

OH... and try your mom's flu remedy WITHOUT the garlic (or take it as capsules before or after.) My mom had the same recipe, with no garlic. I think the garlic is a modern addition. My personal theory is that it keeps you just drunk enough that you don't CARE if you have the flu or not! I kinda like the idea, personally.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Aha! Here it is... the psot on the Bronze age and mythology.

Now, there is an overlap between pre hellenic (Minoan) and hellenic times (Cretan)...the Minoan civilisation 1900 - 1300 BCE stems from the Aegean culture and Cretan civilization. Please correct me if I am wrong...but doesnt Plato's dates of Atlantis correlate with Cretan culture?

This point has been somewhat debated, but Plato was clear it was 9,000 years in the past. Looking at other evidences, though, I don't think you'll find a match.

Minos was not ruled by the kind of kings described by Plato, nor does the landscape and location match (there's a minor scholarly quibble over where the Gates of Hercules are, and I'm not sure how significant the alternate points are yet.) Further, Minos andthe Minoans appear in other legends and mythology, so they would have clearly known the difference between the two.

Was Atlantis a symboic reference to Minos? Not likely. Symbols take common elements and use them to represent things -- so we have the eagle representing the US in common current cultural images. Minos has no association with the goddess, Atlanta, but rather with Poseidon (hence all the bulls.)

...Now the Minoan civilization traded with the Egyptians and the Egyptians traded with the Druids...

Celts, yes, perhaps. But we don't know if they had an organized religion and a druidic priesthood back then. They could have had animistic or shamanistic traditions. There's no records and no common recognized Druidic symbols from that time.

I definitely feel the Druids traded with the Minoan culture/Aegean and possibly or remotely the Cretan culture..so at this stage I feel ogham ties to Atlantis maybe logical...? Well as logical as it can be based on mythology & archaeology

Let's look further into the mythology:

Important people, places, heroes, and events were commemorated in mythology and stories that became myths and legends (this is why scholars are farily certain that some person was the basis of the King Arthur legends.) In many civilizations, songs and plays were written because people loved to be entertained by these stories, because they commemorated history (we stomped those suckers flat!) and because they furthered cultural values (we stomped those egg-eating wombat faces into dust!!!)

There's no references to Atlantis beyond that one tale in Plato.

There are no heroes in black figured vases with labels saying "Trocanter of Atlantis and the Great Boar" though there are plenty like that about the Trojan War and other events. There are no hero names or even villain names, no stories of the great houses (like Atreius) and certainly no plays that reference it.

This would have been PRIME material for plays -- a great nation that attempts to conquer Athens and fails (so why no inscriptions in Athens of "We rule! We stomped Atlanta into rubble!") and then is destroyed, presumably because of their hubris (pride.) Hubris was THE great topic of national plays for many centuries, and the playwrights would have had a lot of fuel for award winning plays (similar to Cassandra, Medea, and the Odyssey.)

There's a complete absence of this material. There's a complete absence of this material in other cultures.

This would only happen if it was a "teaching story" by Plato and was totally made up.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The Star People are already here and have been since the beginning of time. We are the ones chosen by our orginations to walk this plane with the landwalkers, to help with spiritual understandings and to live as one with the earth. The Old Ones told me it is now time for the unseen to be seen, to call the Star People and have the gathering. They have said that the treaty is broken. That the Warriors of the Scorpion will no longer be silent.
The information you recieved about the starseed quiz, I hope you took it..and I would like to know your score.
I am the one that sits in the center of 12. I know you don't understand this yet.
Your theory of us being tied to Atlantis is true. We are the offspring..the golden city was made for specific reasons and taken for the same.
I can only tell you what the Old Ones share with me..until Feb of this year, I have done no research at all..just simply walked in the faith of the Spirits that teach me.
They have said that our people agreed to walk with the landwalkers..all species and races would come into the same form, which is where your ancient hybrids began. Genetically, it was needed so that interbreeding would come to the same visual form.
I know this sounds basic, but to go deeper into detail of our orginations would mean that I would be writing you a book.
Just know that there are also hidden pyramids in america..one is the sacred spirit mountain of which they have told me to bring the people to at the time of the great changes.
go to my website, read Star People, Silent Warrior, Earth Changes and Magnetic Energy..there are hidden meanings in these which only Star People will heed.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inspiringstar
I am the one that sits in the center of 12. I know you don't understand this yet.

i am aware of the 12 around 1 theory, like a sort of blueprint for creation. twelve planets around 1 star in our galaxy (yes there are 12 planets get used to it fellas). ill provide a link with a better understanding of this.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

There's a complete absence of this material. There's a complete absence of this material in other cultures.

This would only happen if it was a "teaching story" by Plato and was totally made up.

actually I thought that too, until nygdan pointed out the script named "atlantis" by Hellanicus of lesbos. It predates plato by 100 years.

Also, in sanskrit, there is an 7-isle island named atala. they even give lattitude and longitude for it, which corresponds with the canary islands.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inspiringstar
The information you recieved about the starseed quiz, I hope you took it..and I would like to know your score.

Read the information, found mistakes. For example, the Pleaides are a star nursery and as such is only 80-100 million years old or so (stars are still forming there.)
www.seds.org...

This means that the suns there were being born near the end of the time (late Cretaceous) when dinosaurs walked the Earth. Kelvin estimated that it would take 60 million years for a planet the size of Earth to cool once it had formed from the planetary nebula.

The errors made the information not believable to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

actually I thought that too, until nygdan pointed out the script named "atlantis" by Hellanicus of lesbos. It predates plato by 100 years.

I see that citation... BUT... I don't see a report anywhere on this (what book it's from by Hellanicus, how much is there, what the known translations are.)

I just see the report that it exists.

Being a crotchety old scholar, I have to ask "where's the body?" Any idea?

Also, in sanskrit, there is an 7-isle island named atala. they even give lattitude and longitude for it, which corresponds with the canary islands.

You can't make connections about languages unless the languages are related. Greek and Sanskrit aren't related -- so the names are coincidental.

Also -- Sanskrit is simply a language and letters. What Sanskrit document has this reference (since knowledge of longitude isn't possible without clocks)??

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I can't say for the Dreamtime. My knowledge there is still very small. Perhaps in individual traditions but I don't know if it existed in larger traditions.

Aborigines had many stories linked to all the stars, constellations, comets and the moon, as well as the blackness of the night sky where there where no stars. Even sacred sites where designed to indicate when ceremonies should be held based on the position of the night sky. The pleides are known in aboriginal dreaming also as the seven sisters or the Maya-Mayi. A good book, though written for school children is "the emu in the sky" as it has many of the aboriginal stories that were based on their astronomy. Here is another link that you may find wothwhile.

www.archaeolink.com...

Cheers
M4S

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join